• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I named Me: Gold and my Rival: Silva, as for my Pokemon, I just used shortened versions of the english names.

Last edited:

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • main: Aya
    rival: Nagi
    starter: Arashi (means storm). Cyndaquil's Japanese name is "Hinoarashi" (fire storm), so I just call him Arashi for short. I'm too lazy to think of nicknames.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Me: Music
    Riva:l JB (named after a friend)
    If he sees this: Hey there's a 5-character limit on Japanese games and your name is two letters. XD

I don't nickname Pokemon, with exception of Pokemon named "Slave" which are HM Slaves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2016
    Me (as Gold): Moppy
    Rival: Toby
    Pokes: Wani (Feraligatr)
    Togy (Togekiss)
    Nite (Dragonite)
    Chick (Blaziken)
    Shock (Electivire)
    Rose (Roserade)

Already beat the game too. No trades either :) (Incl. Red)

walasaka

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • I used my real name, and called my rival (like in all games) b*tch

Obviously without a star. I don't know when I started doing this - probably in Silver actually, certainly not in Blue or Yellow - but I can't help myself. I just have to do it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I was Sav, my rival is always Assface, and my starter was probably Buster or something. I can't remember. I like to ~theme~ my Pokemon by television shows, I believe the last time I played I went Arrested Development.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Me:Gold
    Rival:Silver
    Pokemon: no nickname.

I don't nickname pokemon.

Years
  • Me: Devin (I always go with my name :p)
    Rival: Silver (I'm waiting to get the English version)
    Starter (Totodile methinks): Champagne
    And I usually come up with real names for my other Pokes, if I decided to name them that is. Champagne has (God knows why) become a sort of starter tradition for me haha

gunjackSmoker

Rogue Trainer
    Years
  • I will name myself Jack. As always
    My Rival Lee after my real life rival or Olly after my friend.
    Im not giving my pokemon any nicknames. Only to HM slaves which I name HM Slave.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
  • Me: Zack (My usally for some reason)
    Rival: Will be called Slivr
    Cyndaquil: Flare because its female. Flame if it was male.

Just started it anyway.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • For my first play-through of the Japanese SoulSilver I named myself 'Baro', my rival 'Steve', and my Totodile 'Gator'... :P I don't have to be original. :D

KopaKura

Soul searcher
    Years
  • Trainer(Male): Gold
    Rival: Silva (Silver wouldn't fit)
    Quilava: Axel

Can't remember the rest, but I know my Mew is the japanese for Mew as it was the event one~

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    What Are You Naming your Rival in Hg/Ss?

So what are you gonna call the mysterious trainer that seems to have a bone to pick with you and Team Rocket for reason unknown?

Well for me, I'm gonna call him Silver since that's the name everyone uses in walkthroughs.

I know, very uncreative. :P

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    In my Jap SoulSilver I named him the japanese word for persistant. Not sure what I'm gonna do for the english copy of HeartGold I intend to get.

Years
  • If he's anything like he was in G/S/C, I'll probably call him something on the lines of 'Douche', because that's what he is.
    Epic.

Anywho, I think I'll call myself Silver because I'm getting SS, but I'll call him May. Or Dawn. The names of either one of those non-Misty girls will enrage me enough to defeat him each time! ;D

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    If he's anything like he was in G/S/C, I'll probably call him something on the lines of 'Douche', because that's what he is.

Yeah, that's how he acts the WHOLE game. Not once in my opinion is he even on the borderline of "being nice".

The only part I don't get is when everyone says he treats his Pokemon like "tools of war".

We all kinda do that when we battle, so what makes Silver's (Douche's XD) way different?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back