• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
  • My friend named her rival ??? in Crystal Version, because she didn't quite understand that she was supposed to name the rival...

This is what I plan on doing:
    Name: *My real name*
    Rival: *Probably Silver...*
    Pokemon: *I haven't decided which starter to get, though*
    Cyndaquil-Yoko
    Chikorita-Chiyo
    Totodile-Ryo

At first I hated naming Pokemon, but then I realized that you would never call your own little poodle "Dog."

~Night

AceLucario

Monotype/Regular Pokégamer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    HEART GOLD
    Me: ASDX
    Rival: Silver
    Team:
    Typhlosion
    Pidgeot
    Poliwrath
    Magneton
    Sudowoodo

No nicknames...

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I almost always give myself my real name (Ruby), but it gets confusing with trades so I think I'll name myself June or something.. my birth month :P

My Rival will be named after my ex boyfriend XD

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I called myself Calder of course it is my name, I want a really wicked evil yet not obviously evil name for my rival as he is you know silver...and my Pokemon are named after themselves, but I might go Greek in this game or something...Naming Cynda after Hep lol

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    name: Iscream (icecream is over the character limit)
    Rivel's: Boo (he tends to come out of no where whenever your pokemon health is low like "boo!")
    Cyndaquil: Aizen, best troll villain ever.

Years
  • i naming myself Gold.Rival Silver and im probably not going to nickname Cyndaquil but if i do ill probably name it either some generic fire pkmn nickname like blaze or ill rip off of Manga Golds Typhlosion name(Explotaro)

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I called myself Calder of course it is my name, I want a really wicked evil yet not obviously evil name for my rival as he is you know silver...and my Pokemon are named after themselves, but I might go Greek in this game or something...Naming Cynda after Hep lol

anyone have ideas for a rival name for me that fits the above?

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    -_- Maybe KupaKid, because he's Bowsers son and obviously evil, but his name sounds so dang adorable that you would never think he was evil. It does fit in the character limit.

~Night

Please be serious I really want a good name for him

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    My name: Sabine (my real name.) after crystal when we could choose our gender, as I was a girl. I think I may name one of my games Kotone (reasons: 1. I'm getting both versions, so whichever is my main one I will Name myself Sabine 2. I don't like the English name, so I'll use the Japanese Name.)
    Rival: Silver. Definitely. Even if I'm playing Silver and the game prompts me to name him Gold. Why? Because 1. I ship New!SilverxKotone 2. I ship SpecialManga!SilverxGreen/Blue(the girl) and I can't see him as anyone else.
    Pokemon (this is my main line up, no trade-ins until I get the national pokedex)
    Tyranitar: Rath--It's a tradition for me to do this. ^_^
    Ampharos: Anupi--It's what I named him in my Japanese game. I may change it if I catch a female Ampharos to "Amelia"
    Espeon: Esme
    (shiny)Gyarados: Red--also a tradition
    (Trade out for Gyarados once I have it) Suicune: Zephyr--it means breeze. XD
    Victorybel: Vivinne--no reason. it just sounds cool.
    Farfetch'd: Dux--Tradition. I loved that name in r/b/y and continued naming my farfetch'd that in g/s/c/ru/sa/e/d/p/pt

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    My name: June.. which is my birth month
    My rival: Demian

Feraligatr: Malibu :P
    Arcanine: Hachiko, the name of a famous dog in Japan
    Espeon: Sabine, after my friend who lives overseas
    Electivire: Yeti
    Honchkrow: Boss
    Steelix: Stacey XD

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Well my character is Tomoyee. Following a pattern I started a while back with ONE OK ROCK members names plus Yee. Tomoyee comes from Tomoya + Yee. I named my rival Religin. xD (I don't dislike Religion or anything it just kind of popped into my head at the time and I found it kind of comical...)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I haven't nicknamed any of my pokemon yet.....
    but i named me Collin (my name)
    and my rival Spirit (don't ask, i'm a "Soul Eater" fan)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back