• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    I always do the classic xD
    Name: Ash
    Rival: Gary
    Pokemon: Original names plz.

I just wish I could rename Victreebel... into Victreebell XD

Years
  • I named myself Gold, because I like to use the character's name in video games (I'm regretting that decision. C'mon, the guy's name is gold...)
    I named my rival Silver for the same reason, although, again, regret.
    And I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, although I used Platinum to get a Totodile and Chikorita as well, so I had all 3 starters, but I started with Cyndaquil.
    And I don't nickname pokemon often, unless I got it from a semi-official source. I had no official source for a Totodile, Chikorita or Cyndaquil, so I didn't give them nicknames

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Myself: Matt, because that's my name.
    My Rival: Kyle, because in real life he's my rival at Pokemon. We always try to have the better team and such.
    My Pokemon: I chose Totodile, so I named him Chompa.I don't know why, just a spur of the moment thing. Fits, too.

Years
  • I usually go for Japanese names.

My name in pokemon is always Daisuke. (Many, many people pronounce it wrong... sad face.)

my rival, when named, usually ends up as Takuya,

I give the pokemon I actually plan to use various japanese names, often after my favorite anime characters (lawl, I'm such a weeaboo).

I haven't actually gotten the game yet, but I've already planned some stuffs out...

Ordered it from ebay...

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    I used my name, then my friends name for the rival, and my starter I naked "Rubix" because it's my dogs name.

Years
  • Heartgold:

Me: Amanda
    Rival: [don't remember right now]
    Pokemon: They were all named after musicians.

Soulsilver:

Me: Tea
    Rival: Seto
    Pokemon: see Heartgold

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • I named my character 'Semi' as my main console to play on is normally the PS3, and my PSN ID is RockHardSemi. This didn't fit so I shortened it to what people nickname me - Semi.

I named my rival 'Racism', for the sole purpose of it saying "Semi has defeated Racism". I wanted World Hunger but that didn't fit.

As for my Pokemon, I don't like giving them nicknames.

Years
  • I named my character 'Semi' as my main console to play on is normally the PS3, and my PSN ID is RockHardSemi. This didn't fit so I shortened it to what people nickname me - Semi.

I named my rival 'Racism', for the sole purpose of it saying "Semi has defeated Racism". I wanted World Hunger but that didn't fit.

As for my Pokemon, I don't like giving them nicknames.

Hah, now I'm tempted to name the rival "Obesity" next time I play through one of the games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Me: Cameron
    Rival: Montoya
    Pokemon: All my pokemon have original names except some I've gotten in trades which are then usually pretty stupid but I used to nickname my Eevees after the Sailor Scouts...

LegendaryJirachi

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Game Characters' Nicknames

Well, I named my rival FAT PIG and myself the boy symbol (which I cannot insert here). I never nickname my PKMN, just in case I ever trade 'em.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    My name: Mohamad.(My real name)
    My Rival: Elie.(Random)

And I don't nickname my pokemon.

BiohazardX

Marionette Master
    Years
  • My Name: Steve (Because... Steve Burnside is awesome.)
    My Rival: Wesker (same reason, only with Wesker)
    My Starter: Alfred (Because Steve hates him. Hurrah)

I have a Resident Evil theme for nicknaming in my SoulSilver game.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back