• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What did you name your Hero/Heroine/Rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    Well. What were they?---(In any game/not just the new ones)

.. And why did you name them that?

1. In my games, (Reasoning for my name here) I named my Hero "Sloofish" and/or "Sloof." This is after one of my mini-Manga characters because they do tend to look similar. ____________________________________________________________________________
    2. I named my rival "Lys-Man" short for the name of a ridiculous excuse for a bully that my friends and me knew. "Lysander" was too long.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    In the old games (Metal and Color) I always went with the standard Ash/Gary combo. In the GBA games I got somewhat more creative and named my character after whatever OC I had for myself at the time, and my rival got named various things, like random stuff (Tooth, Hat, Nappa, etc.) or my ex-boyfriend. In Diamond and Platinum, my character is named Kinarii (of course), and my rivals are named Pizza and Bread repectively.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    I don't remember my rival names before the 4th generation, nor do I remember my player's name before the 3rd generation games. In 3rd gen, my player's name was Flame and the rival was something stupid that I used off the top of my head. In 4th gen Pearl, my player's name was Flame and the rival's name was Cameron. In Platinum, my player's name is Audra and the rival's name is Zydarx. [Zydarx sounds awesome! xD]

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Depends-If I'm keeping the file in that game for pokedex completion, etc. I name the main character after myself. I named my rival in gold after a guy in school I hated, I named my rival in Firered aftermy cousin, and I can't remember what I named my rival in pearl.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    Blue-Ash/Gary
    Yellow-Ash/Gary
    Silver-Hiro/Kamon
    Sapphire-May/Brendan
    Emerald-Terri/Brendan
    FR-Ash/Gary
    LG-Yuni/Gary
    Diamond-Dawn/Damion (wasn't sure what the D/P/Pt rival's English name was, if it was known, at the time.)

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    My character would always be named after me, while my rival, I, erm, have a few choice names for them. XD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I name the hero after whoever I please. Either my name or the name of my fanfiction character, Nareta, because I can't think of anything else. XD

As for the rivals, I name them after their Japanese names for their anime counterparts. (i.e., Jun and Shigeru).

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    in gold,silver,crystal,red,blue,green,yellow,fire red,ruby,saphire,leaf green,diamond and pearl i named my hero sean after myself and the rival was gary and in platnium i named the hero light and the rival was named ryuzaki

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Since Gen III, I've always named my character either Psiren or Xoren, and my rival Kaz. Long story short, they were IGN's I used in an MMO I used to play, while Kaz was one of my good friends.

Before that though, I used Ash/Gary for Gen I, Red/Izzy for G/S, and when Crystal came around with a girl character, I just used my name.

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
    Me
    - I always used to name my character Ash when I was a kid because I'm cheesy and tacky like that.

- Once I started getting older I started using JJ (my first and middle initials) after a nickname my mom's friend gave me when I was born. I think it just works for the little guy.

Rivals
    -During G/S/C I always just named my rival ??? because I figured he was too much of a jerk to deserve a good name.

-Through R/S/E I usually named the girl rival after some girl I had a crush on at the point, because even if things didn't work out I could still enjoy annihilating her.

-During the 4th Gen games I always name the rival after my best friend Jerry, because he has a speeding ticket for every letter in his first and last name. Some would call that a hasty nature, just like the guy in the game. And again, if I ever am not happy with him I can exact my revenge via Pokemon battle.

Last edited:

Chimpoleon

CAUTION! Roadblock Ahead...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    my name on platinum is Kevin, and my rival is Freddy
    on ruby i was Alex, emerald i am Clayton
    i don't remember anything past that, it's been so long

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    ok, this is going to be a bit long winded..sorry

Color Past:
    Hero:Vine (obbsesed with Grass Pokemon)
    Rival:Flame (err...Polar Opposite)
    Yellow Old:
    Hero:Gary (I'ma sarcastic)
    Rival:Ash
    Color current:
    Hero:Vine (Nostaltia)
    Rival:Edward (Edward Cullen)
    Yellow current:
    Hero:Lee (Bruce Lee)
    Rival:Chuck (Chuck Norris)
    Silver (Past)
    Hero: Kamon (one of the default Choices)
    Rival:Josh (A hated bully at the time lol)
    Silver (Present)
    Hero: Kamon (Nostalgia agian)
    Rival: Tael (Um...hard to explain)
    Ruby/Sapphire
    Hero: Mael

this_is_ark

who what where
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    when i was 8-12 i used to name the main character after myself and the rival whatever his name was (gary, brendan, or just ???)

now i always name the girl Ryo, or if i play as the boy, Ark. the rival is usually ??? or my friend's name haha u_u

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    I finally figured out what I named him in Red - Klotttz. Haha. Named him that in Crystal, too, I think. In my replay of Blue I named him Demyx, lol. I forget what he is in Yellow. My Gold and Silver games are restarts, too, and I can't recall what I named them. FireRed, I believe his name is G MFN O. In my first and second playthrough of Diamond, my rival is Connor. In Platinum, it's Tas.

During my first play through of the games, I'm always named Kaleigh, which is my name. Then, if I restart the game, I name myself something else. Usually Amaya or Nevara, which are two characters of mine. Recently, though, I've been partial to Nevara.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back