• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Did You Name Your Rival?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Douchebag, Dip♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, Blue, Green, or just some of the default names there.

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
    Years
  • Most people I know of, including myself, named him Gary, which is his anime counterpart. His real name for the games is Blue.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Like most of you, I wound up naming him Gary. That's who I thought he was, initially. xD;; I later learned that his actual name is Blue, so in my second run of FireRed, that's what I decided to name him.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I usually named him Gary when i was younger, then i started naming him after my brother, nower days i just name him the first thing that comes to mind

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I only name my rival GARY in Pokemon Yellow because it's truly based off of the anime. In Pokemon Green/LeafGreen/Red/FireRed/Blue I name him BLUE which is his official name. Although sometimes I like to name him after my brother.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I named him Gary from the Pokemon anime. I always see him as Gary now, even though that's not his real name. x3

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I usually name all my rivals either "Swagmaster" or "Ash". This time I chose Ash for a little switcharoo :P

Years
    • no
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    i usually go with the girl as the player and i name Gary "DUMBO" or "CHEAPS" or other bad names not worth mentioning! i laugh so hard when u encounter him and "*INSERT BAD NAME* wants to battle..."

Years
  • Idiot
    I my rival in Pokémon Yellow first I put "Gary" as it is called in the anime. Then I put "Paul" because that's my best friend: P
    In FireRed, the name I gave him was "Blue" ^ ^
    Greetings!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Gary, Blue or Green. I usually use the default names in normal playthroughs. Otherwise, I'd go crazy and name him Jessica or something. xD;

Back