• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you name yourself and rival in D/P/Pt?

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
Years
  • In Pearl, I named my Rival "Leon", because it's such a cool-sounding name. In Platinum, I just named him Kim, after a real-life Rival I have.

And as for myself, in Pearl, I named myself W. King, since I do this with every PK game, but the first time I played Platinum, I made an exception; I chose the girl and named her Kate, after a VERY important person in my life, who changed it completely...

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • I just always put in Shane as my name ('cause it kinda is), and my most recent rival was named Tucker, after a very good friend whom I sorely miss.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2009
    I always give myself my name, but then I always call my rival "Rival" it's just something stupid I did when I was younger and have done ever since, well "Rival" or "Red". :)

Feuille

The Calm Before the Storm
    Years
  • Well:

Pearl:
    Me: Nova
    Rival: Sunny

Plat:
    Me: Lyra
    Rival: Rigel

Nova is one of my favorite names and when I noticed I`d never used it, I just had to! Sunny, well, his hair is a shade of blonde I call "Sunny Blonde", so I named him after it.

Lyra is another name I like that I hadn`t used, and I wanted to. Rigel kinda came to mind, as I had no clue what to call him!

Mew, Meow, Nya

nopiddy

Bronze league Ice Elite
    Years
  • well i named myself jordan
    and my rival trav after my real life pokemon rival travis

notoriouslybizarre

Chimchar Lover ^^
    Years
  • When I choose the girl character I name her after myself, but when I choose my male character he's usually Seth.

My Rival is usually named Kit

Player: Nancy (f); Seth (m)
    Rival: Kit

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • Nowadays I like to name my trainer after a character I created. My rival's name is more difficult... although in D/P/Pt I've also named them after characters I created.

Diamond
    Trainer: Lupin
    Rival: Diego
    *This is the only Pokemon game I have where my trainer is a boy. I named him after my favourite character to use in RPG's. The rival is based off a Team Rocket member I created for a Pokemon fanfic long ago.

Pearl
    Trainer: Yamiko
    Rival: Gabe
    *I got Diamond and Pearl at the same time, so I figured one trainer would be a boy and the other a girl. In what used to be my Pokemon fanfic, Yamiko and Lupin were a couple. As for the rival, Gabe was yet another Team Rocket member in that fanfic.

Platinum
    Trainer: Eve
    Rival: Warren
    *I have no story characters named Eve, so I have no idea where that name came from. But Warren was one of the characters in my fanfic... he wasn't a villain, but he looked and acted very much like the D/P/Pt rival.

Back