• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you wanted to see out of HGSS, but it was never implemented?

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
  • As most people have said, I wanted to be able to fight Leaf. So she wouldn't be more or less then Red, she'd have similar Pokemon at same levels as his, and wouldn't be awesome if after you beat them both, you get into a double battle with Red & Leaf!

Alternatively, they could've just swapped Red out for Leaf if you chose to play as a girl, since they could assume from that that you played a girl in FireRed/LeafGreen, since Red is essentially meant to be your character from the past games.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I really wanted Rotom-A to be usable on Wi-Fi in HG/SS, there were even rumours that it was happening, but GameFreak decided to annoy the fans by going against it :(

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wanted the GS Ball, Kris, Leaf, and two new Kimono Girls, as well as different sprites fro all of them and that they would be your field partners for double battles.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • I wanted character customisation, but being a remake it was unlikely from the start. :[

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Thanks for making this popular and not a flame thread!

Also, thanks to Hiiro for editing the title.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Thanks for making this popular and not a flame thread!

Also, thanks to Hiiro for editing the title.
    No problem. =)

For me though, if anything, I would have liked for HG/SS to have included Pokémon Contests. I know we have the Pokéathlon to take its place, and it is a fun feature in the game, but the more the better right?

Anyway, I thought that the empty lot in Vermillion City would have made a pretty basic and suited spot for a Contest building. Sadly, it was never done. :\ Other than that, I really would have liked them to put more influence or story into Kanto as well as some other characters, but I guess following the Suicune/Eusine subplot into the region did some good to it.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I want teh POKERADAR !!!

Seriously , I was dissapointed of removing it :/ . It was a really nice touch , I enjoyed chaining (even though I never found any shiny ...) ...

I think they got it out because the grass was changed . What do you think , folks ? :D

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I wanted to fight leaf, the gs ball, Lyra to be replaced by Kris, and Red to have his own battle theme

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    The Vs. Seeker. :P

Fighting limited amounts of trainers and only on certain days really slows the game down for me.

Sonikku17

Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    I honestly would have liked to see a few more new areas. There were really only two new routes added, and even then, they were pretty barren.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I really wish they had fixed the "level problem", as I commonly refer to it. I know they fixed Falkner's Pidgeotto, but that's not my main concern. I don't feel like fighting level 30 Pokemon before going into Victory Road.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Most of my list has already been mentioned, but I am going to mention it again anyway:

First and foremost, I wanted a restructure of the "Elite" Four. I know it's a remake and I am just bitter that DPP programmers were lazy and didn't change it, but I really was hoping that the WEAK Four would have been scrapped and a TRUE tournament would have been added. You get all the badges and enter the Johto League Pokemon Tournament which is a field of 64 trainers. It goes 64 > 32 > 16 > 8 > 4 > CHAMPION. That is six rounds of battles with the option of healing your Pokemon inbetween rounds. You are allowed that because, unlike the WEAK Four, you won't know who your opponent will be until the next round and before each round you can have that little kid you find at the front of each gym and he can give you hints on your next opponents weaknesses. Total awesomeness.

While on the subject of "Elite" Four, I really wanted to at least face the Kanto "Elite" Four this time, and then Ash as the champ. Seriously, how easy would that have been to add? I just don't get GF sometimes. It's not like they are bumping up against the storage limitation of the DS or anything. That was completely odd as to why it wasn't that way in the beginning, but even more odd is not changing it when they had a terrific opportunity.

Just want to also add I wish they would acknowledge you as the CHAMP and that you were there to defend your title instead of it appearing as though it was your first time again. Again, one line of code is all that needed to be added for each battle. Simple.

I was VERY disappointed that the VS Seeker was not included, or at least a trainer (i.e. Gabby the Reporter of Emerald) that you could battle repeatedly. I guess I am left to constantly sending my Pokemon out on strolls to level up and then battle wild Pokemon for EV training. Much longer process.

Also disappointed that Secret Bases were not added either. There are just so many things about Emerald that make it still the best Pokemon game to date. I had 12 Secret Bases set up, 2 of each full of low level Pokemon that give 3 EV points of each stat. Between that, Macho Brace, and Pokerus, I could fully EV train 6 Pokemon in a matter of minutes. That is irreplaceable.

Now this one is a stretch, but I was hoping to see HGSS include the ability to track EV points. It could have been added on the stylus screen on the Summary page that has the stats on the main screen, and then move the moves to the blank screen on the third page. The game already tracks the EVs, so it wouldn't be that difficult just to show the stats on the Summary page.

That is all I will add now, but might include more later.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    After I unpacked the game, I got gigantic amounts of information all compressed. I tried to trim the ROM, it's pretty big as well. VS. Seeker might have made it, but the Tournament is too hard to make. Besides, you try programming a few hundred different characters!

Yeah, I'm making video games from scratch now, I use Photoshop forever now.

Back