• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] What do these mean?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Sorry if these are simple but I want to know what do these means (the ones in bold)? I want to insert them but it seems that there are other things to do?

These are from this thread:

Male Evolutions (please don't forget to update your pokemon base stats table...)

Night time Item Hold Induced Evolution (if you edited the Pokemon data structure table in the RAM the item clearing will not work)

Night Friendship (You can edit the routine in the table already because they don't work in FR)

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    The base stats table they're referring to is
    pokemondata: .word 0x08254784
    at the bottom. If you haven't repointed the table, there's no need to worry about it.

The night hold item one is awkward. I'm not entirely sure why it is written that way to begin with. Basically, they needed an offset that contains the item that gets "encrypted" onto the evolving pokemon, in the case of night time evolution none. I'm not sure why they decided to seek out a very specific area of RAM instead of using the stack or something, but the tl;dr is that if you haven't played around with RAM, it shouldn't matter.

The night friendship is because a clean FireRed ROM doesn't have a real time clock, so the evolution in the slot doesn't work anyways and is therefore fine to replace.

Back