• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you expect to see in Pokémon Black and White versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Check the Pokémon website and Serebii!!! Pokémon Black Version and Pokémom White Version is expected to be released this fall in Japan!!! :D What do you expect to see?

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Hopefully two regions ^_^....but what would be epic would be three O.o

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    I expect a darker feel to it and maybe the condridiction between heaven and hell in the legendaries,

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • Black and White?
    Yin and Yang legendary pokemon most likely.
    But your guesses are as good as mine... unless your guesses are "pokemon black and white starting racial wars in middle america"

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    More Pokemon, but that's kind of obvious. I guess it's safe to assume there will be a third version or something.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    More Pokemon, but that's kind of obvious. I guess it's safe to assume there will be a third version or something.

Considering every single gen (not counting remakes, such as FR/LG and HG/SS), I think that will be the case. Maybe grey version.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Less bad than Diamond and Pearl gave us. Also something that can effectively stop and counter Bullet Punch Scizor.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I hope Gen 5 brings a PBR like game back to the Orre region with a new story mode that would be really cool.

Other then that i hope with Gen 5 that they can make a bulky Grass/Fire type i dont know how it'd be possible but hey you never know

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    From what I've seen of the scans it seems a lot like the Pokemon Colosseum games in the graphical sense where you can see your overworld from a distance and the fact that everything is in a lot more 3D. It's far more graphically advanced for a start. But for other things I expect to see well, I have a few things in mind:
    New pokemon obviously but I don't expect there will be a great deal of them as it would be a bit much to rig the number of pokemon tally up above or near 600, so I don't think there will be a great deal of new pokemon, esecially due to the fact that the game is due to be released this Fall in Japan, if you recall, the new generations in the past required a lot longer a wait and this was due to the fact that it does take quite some time to design a pokemon and encorporate it's compatablity with the game and past games. Which also might come into play, I see trading being an issue due to the fact that there will be newer pokemon and attacks included within the game so unless they do what they did between Red & Blue to Gold & Silver trading I fear that we may have some trading restrictions with Pokemon Black & White.
    I expect to see a more in depth storyline, one that isn't a carbon copy of the previous games just adapted to a new region. I think Pokemon Black & White will be a little darker in some senses and possibley have less landscape to discover but more cities and the scans did give me a reason to think that.
    I expect that the gameplay will be wuite different seeing as in it is now in 3D and unlike the 4th generation and HGSS. The overworlds are a lot bigger too, it seems that pokemon are stepping out of the past two dimensional characters and tiles and into a broader more adapted game. Though with other games I've played that are like Pokemon Black & White, the graphics tend to be somewhat choppy. Imagine PS1 on the DS, those sort of graphics but obviously on a smaller scale.
    I expect there will be a new route taken with the games, we're in for something different.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back