• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you hate about Platinum?

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    The only thing I dont like is that when the trainer pops out the "!" on top of there heads they move slow and I kind of wanted it to go a lil faster. lol Otherwise no hating in this game. ;]

danomater

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 13, 2011
    I hate when you fight someone, and there attacks never run out, I just fought cryus in the spear pillar, and I had a lvl 66 scizor, and that freaking weavile killed it twice with ice punch, and that was it. Must have hit me fiftey freaking times... I'm so mad, that that one attacked wiped my party out.

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
    That the Underground and Contests don't have WiFi, there isn't a vehicle to use in the underground (would have been great if they let you use a cart or something similar to go faster) and that Puerto Rico isn't in the GTS/GT globe. :( (closest place in D/P was Virgin Islands)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't like that in the Underground, it takes longer for the radar to respond when you touch it. But all in all, what I don't like about Platinum pales in comparison to what I like about it.
    I noticed that, too, since I hang around underground a lot. Other than that, everything is an improvement from D/P in my opinion. I think 'hate' is too strong a word for anything that'd irk me about Platinum.

Also, I find it fun running into a bigger variety of Pokes rather than the same couple of species over and over.

Years
    I don't hate this but....

The trainers seem to exploit type advantages much more than D/P. Also, just noticing that some of the NPC's use battle items now... any one else notice that?

za8heartnet

I Love HACK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Erm... Pokemon plantinum hah... Although this is tough game, it has more intresting future than pokemon FR/LG, R/S/E. It will be so great if release in GBA version. Hahaha...

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Hmm,I hate the way there is only what? 3 games in the Wi-Fi Plaza place,I was really expecting that there was more games to play. Seeing as I only got Platinum today.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    in the Safari Zone, I get stuck every few steps, it takes forever to get one pokemon in the safari zone. But overall? The long as hell pokedex that I NEED to finish...ahhhh, I'm going to start ripping my hair out soon!

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Does it really matter that much, I mean the Galatic HQ wasn't that hard but it wasn't easy either. It was kind of in-between and I think it was perfectly fine. Also, a place to pick up a few EXP.

Well, the Galactic HQ was an extremely easy task for me and my level 63ish Kangaskhan at that time.
    I basically one-hit KOed every single one of the grunts' Pokemon; including Cyrus's Pokemon.

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    nothing! i luv everything

Trying to find a leafeon for the pokedex without evolving your eevee

leafeon is on the route below hearthome. ranger has it

I don't hate this but....

The trainers seem to exploit type advantages much more than D/P. Also, just noticing that some of the NPC's use battle items now... any one else notice that?

you are right! trainers are harder to battle!

Last edited:

Lady Missie

Aspiring Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Hmm not much to hate just yet in single player mode. I've just restarted so I've only beaten the first gym. I've read up on battle mechanics better and it's proved worthy. I've happily beaten Roack the first time this time. Yay for me! Haha.

As Wifi goes I wish we could do a lot more in the plaza. While having many people around is nice, more than 4 at a time for once, the sound everyone makes when they come back is annoying. Games are so few as are just general actvities. I know they made the chat simple as to make sure no bad people come for kids but it's boring the answer silly questions. Although translating them was a good touch. Now I can "talk" to people in Japan. I agree that underground needs complete wifi. I have no one else to play with so it gets boring and lonely down there. Not to mention trying to trap 20 people to get items is impossible.

Back