• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you not want to see in HG/SS?

Years
    Why does everyone hate that miltank so much?

Here's how to easily beat it:

1. Pick totodile.
    2. teach it rage
    3. only use rage during the battle.
    4. after fighting her clefairy and taking about 10000000 doubleslaps, your rage should be mega high.

5. use rage and one-shot the cow.

I loved her Miltank. ^_^ That's why I added one to my party. (Its move, Stomp, was very useful in the old days.) I can't wait to battle her awesome Miltank again! :D

After carefully thinking about it and all jokes aside, I honestly don't see anything that I don't want in this game. They could add anything, and I'll be fine with it. The more they add the better. I'm so happy they've added Eusine! He's adorable and my fave character from Crystal! ^_^

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    I do not want Red to be easy.
    I want to see all his Pokemon be level 90 or so.

I heard rumors that Hoenn would be in this game.
    I do NOT want to see Hoenn in HG or SS.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I dont want stuff like no azurill or ambipoms...yes they might be new pokemon, but these were added to complete the family evolution lines for the johto pokemon so should be included...I also don't want to see so many kanto pokemon, and babies should be in the wild...

Wishful thinking but there should be stuff like wingull in the seas to bring some variety. (plus Cianwood art has seagulls)

I really doubt all of this as I heard its the same johto dex, but ah well...

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I doubt it will just be a solid remake. There's bound to be more features, and plus an expanded story using the Sinnoh legends makes for some nice surprise.
    I agree with this 100%. I would love to have an odd-ball team my second go.
    Kanto is almost guarenteed. The Sevi Islands, not so much.
    Yeah, I don't know why they would ease up on the difficulty. I also don't know why they would close the Unknown Dungeon unless they were pressed for time and space.

Why do you type your messages like a freaking rainbow?

Years
    Well I do not want to have to deal with those whirlpools, I hated having them in there, I was glad when they removed them for the 3rd generation, I just hope they don't bring them back.

Years
    I hope you don't have to go looking for Misty once you get to Cerulean.

Aww. Why not? She wasn't that hard to find. She was in the Cerulean cape with her boyfriend on a date. Maybe she'll leave a note this time stating where she is? I found her easily the first time I've ever played Gold.

As for the mentioning of whirlpool, I honestly think they'll be back (for the Whirl Islands). Hopefully they'll make the attack stronger in battle for this game.

Years
    Actually, there are some 4th gen pokemon I wouldn't mind seeing that are evolutions/pre-evolutions of Kanto and Johto Pokemon: Ambipom, Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Mamoswine, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Yanmega, Tangrowth. I don't want to wait until after the National Dex to get these Pokemon. (I'd really like to use Ambipom.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Hoenn pokemon, because they looked better in Sinnoh than they did in Hoenn. (Color palette is the reason.) I'm sure they'll look nice in this game as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Karen use a Mightyena in her party after we get the National Dex.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    Aww. Why not? She wasn't that hard to find. She was in the Cerulean cape with her boyfriend on a date. Maybe she'll leave a note this time stating where she is? I found her easily the first time I've ever played Gold.

As for the mentioning of whirlpool, I honestly think they'll be back (for the Whirl Islands). Hopefully they'll make the attack stronger in battle for this game.

But she gets mad at you. I agree, I hope you don't interrupt Misty and her date.

Whirlpools have to make a come back though.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Actually, there are some 4th gen pokemon I wouldn't mind seeing that are evolutions/pre-evolutions of Kanto and Johto Pokemon: Ambipom, Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Mamoswine, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Yanmega, Tangrowth. I don't want to wait until after the National Dex to get these Pokemon. (I'd really like to use Ambipom.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Hoenn pokemon, because they looked better in Sinnoh than they did in Hoenn. (Color palette is the reason.) I'm sure they'll look nice in this game as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Karen use a Mightyena in her party after we get the National Dex.

Eh I personally don't want the 4th gen pokemon in as evolutions and stuff, like Magmar was always Magmar, there was no Magmortar back then. Some evolutions are good, like Ambipom, Yanmega, Gliscor, and Bonsly.

NO HOENN POKEMON!! I don't want to go down Route 30 and find like Zigzagoon's instead of Sentrets and Hoot-Hoots.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2011
    Professor Oak in the intro, he's in the game only breifly, at Mr. Pokemon's house and on the Radio, Professor Elm deserves some spotlight!

Jasmine with an empty gym, I want trainers!

An easy ass Dragons Den challenge. Claire makes it sound like a really tough one!

Faulkner with low leveled Pokemon.

I agree with all those reasons. And with Faulkner with a level 9 as his highest level pokemon is too easy.

What I want different is that Hoenn or Sinnoh isnt included because I just want HG and SS to have the same regions as it originally does.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    No fog, plz.

Also though, I want them to make Elm's wife look like a really gorgeous woman, so that will make his character so much more ironic and hilarious. "HI MY NAME IS ELM, I'M MARRIED TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD BUT I SPEND MY DAYS WITH POKEMON IN A SWEATY LAB INSTEAD"

Years
    No fog, plz.

Also though, I want them to make Elm's wife look like a really gorgeous woman, so that will make his character so much more ironic and hilarious. "HI MY NAME IS ELM, I'M MARRIED TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD BUT I SPEND MY DAYS WITH POKEMON IN A SWEATY LAB INSTEAD"

Lol yeah. That would be funny. Instead he spends his days with the lone MALE scientist in his lab... I wonder what they do all day....hm...

I don't want to see Fog either. That was rather annoying. But defog was better than flash. Flash lowered accuracy, but Defog made it so you have a better chance of hitting the Pokemon. It opposed Double team.

KissTheSkull656

Trainer
    Years
    I don't want TM's to be found in caves. I think it was Waterfall in Ice cave. I could be wrong, but I think if you didn't get it first time through then you couldn't get it. And same with R/S.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    what i would like to see: eggs have distinct colors so you know whats inside (i know you would already know whats inside when you bred the egg, but wouldnt it make the game more colorful?)

Mt silver obviously

whitneys miltank not know rollout. i know its miltanks sig move but it made me mad when it pwned my quilava consistently.

its own pokedex like the original instead of having to update to a national. so you could get an evolution (4th gen) from an aipom or yanma etc. and you could still get data.

things i wouldnt like to see: like everyone else,no honey trees.

if the phone function is added, the mom not explain it even if you tell her you know how to use it.

plus: i have a question. on silver, should i catch a spinarak or a ledyba?

Last edited:

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Lol yeah. That would be funny. Instead he spends his days with the lone MALE scientist in his lab... I wonder what they do all day....hm...

I don't want to see Fog either. That was rather annoying. But defog was better than flash. Flash lowered accuracy, but Defog made it so you have a better chance of hitting the Pokemon. It opposed Double team.
    Oh you know what they're doing...

;D

Trading pokemon cards of course!

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I don't want see Defog. Falkner's Pidgeotto could be bigger level because 9 lvl Pidgeotto is stupid. (He caught it from Kanto, Route 2, there is lvl 7 Pidgeotto.) I don't want to see Hoenn/Sinnoh pokémon in Johto or Kanto they could be somewhere else (there are new areas, they belongs to there). I think it's stupid to stop evolutions so Yanma, Lickitung etc. can evolve if you want. (I hate FireRed and LeafGreen, you have to give National Dex at the beginning if you want to hack the game and add new pokémon to there...)

But, there's one thing that I want to see... This game as soon as possible!!!

Back