• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you prefer, Anime or Mangas?

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
    I personally prefer anime, since manga can't really put me into a sense of movement between characters.. and anime can show the interaction between characters better than still-images.

But manga is still good as well, even though it is still images. XD

Cheez

Infinity©
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2021
    I prefer the manga. Just feels better to be reading the original.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hehe, a thread like this always pops up.
    Anyway, I choose manga. Anime is great, especially when you're feeling particularly lazy. Plus the music, voices and animation can really envelop the viewers. Yet I still prefer manga, so much so that it's become almost instinctive. Most of the times it's the transition from manga to anime, like book to film, that I dislike, since producers skip parts, place more emphasis than needed on others (like fanservice), or create new material out of nothing. It's kinda ruined some series for me, thus resulting in a very disappointed Raymond.

That said (if it made sense), my judgment can't really be passed upon series that only have an anime or in which the anime came first. Which is fair, cause those are usually great to watch.

But I still prefer manga :)

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Manga if it's the origingal source, or anime(Subbed, not Dubbed) it that's the original source.

Anime based on Manga = 73H suXX0rz

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    It depends on the series for me. For example, I like the Full Metal Alchemist manga a thousand times more than the anime. Same thing for Tokyo Mew Mew. I like the Inuyasha anime better, but the manga is still good =]

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I like mangas better, not because it's the original or whatever but because everything is short, sweet and to the point most of the time. I don't like watching a 30 minute episode when I could just read like 10 chapters in the same time frame. It's not about originality for me, just a personal preference.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    It depends on the series for me. Some I'll prefer watching it as the anime to get the whole interaction and the funny scenes in, but reading the manga's pretty good once in awhile. Especially if it's a decent manga which I enjoy.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I prefer manga. Animes improve the art, um.. well, Animes improve the manga, but then... in Midori no Hibi, The Anime isn't like the manga, so I think Midori no Hibi anime wasn't exactly based on the manga. So manga rules. :]

EDIT: But then, when you think about it... I really think some Manga scenes are better off being shown in the anime. So, I think I'll vote for anime, then.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I don't know, I think manga is more relaxed. I don't have to get involved and/or pay major attention to it; and to me, the pictures seem to have a bit more "quality" to it. But that's just me.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well i like anime more because your average person is too lazy or just doesn't want to read.
    But there are stuff that manga is better at that anime.
    If you want to go to the bathroom but...Bleach is on you don't know what to do.
    Watch bleach and blow up your bladder or just go take a whiz.
    With manga you will never miss the episode and like philman said, its more relaxed

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2011
    Anime. Since getting a lap-top, it's been a ton harder to read manga online, and little published manga interests me.

Years
    Anime vs Manga

Sorry, but I like manga.

For me, I like original stuff. I like to sit down with a book and just relax. Anyone can relax when your in front of a television, but the manga pulls the reader in, ya know? :3

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    I'd rather read the mangas than anime. Because manga is the original storyline of what is going on in the series. While anime isn't so original. =>

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    Huh. Well... I'd have to say a tie for me.

Anime, because I get to see the characters move around and talk. But the manga, things are official and the artwork doesn't change every other chapter, like the Naruto anime. Seriously. Pick an artstyle, and stick to it.

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
    Well I love reading the manga, after all the original is always good. But I like also like the anime over the manga at times because then I can have a more realistic scene of their character.
    Though, I always seem to like how the plot is told in the manga, rather than the anime.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Manga. Goes much faster than an anime, even at my slow reading pace.
    That and I just like greyscale pictures, and reading books right to left.

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
    Considering I hate mange I like Anime much better.....but when I find a great in depth Manga I still love to read it. ^_~

Back