• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think is in the GS ball?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Remember the GS ball that nobody could open? well, what do you think is in it?

Nothing. It was a filler created by the anime.

A Pokemon that has yet to formally be named or IDed

No. Well, maybe if they run out of ideas.

Yea.

I can't understand why they spent a whole season trying to get that ball and they never went in to what was actually in it. >.>

Because it was a plot filler.

That was a little disappointing, in my opinion. They could have at least tied it into the Celebi movie or something...

I mean, I always thought Celebi was in it. It would have been an interesting story, to see who made the ball and why, and what they caught in it.

WHAT A WASTE!!!!

It was a plot filler. It was never meant to lead up to anything.

Nothing is in the GS ball. I believe it was just a sneaky thing that the makers of Pokemon did so that they could distract the audience with a storyline that was easy to use while they planned for further updates for the anime. I also don't think that they will bring it back, they probably forgot about it...

The first sensible post in this thread.

Probably a better plot for Pokemon. Hence, why they didn't open it.

But the GS Ball is one of the reasons alot of people on Serebii hate Jhoto so much.

Hate it? It started in the Orange Islands.

Here's a thought. If the Sinnoh arc is becoming like Johto, as many fans are claiming, will the animators attempt to do another version of the GS Ball?

Food for thought.

Yes. Maybe the GS Ball will even make a comeback.

hm... you're saying they might reveal the mysteries of the GS Ball during the Sinnoh Arc? O_O

hm... perhaps Arceus has something to do with it...

No, because the GS ball was created before Arceus, technically. I'd say if they ever do tell us what's inside it out of boredom, it'll be Celebi.

I think it was Celebii in it, that is how it was in the game.

No it wasn't. Research.

for a while, i figured it was either ho-oh or celebi in the GS ball.

Then i figured out we'll never know, as it was just a useless thing made only to help advance the plot...

Didn't we all?

I wish. No, I'm merely saying that if they wanted to, they could replicate the plotpoint, or create a parallel storyline, whichever.

Yeah, that is a realist's post.

I could see Shaymin have being sealed in it, and is released in the 11th movie ;) Just my lil dreams <.<;

Not going to happen.

Uh, the endless fillers, the spreading out the Gyms, the gamer contention that Gen II and IV are connected, game-wise.

How's that?

A good explanation.

Well, I knew for a fact a Ho oh was gonna pop out one day but never happened! Maybe they will revisit the ball and arceus will come out of it in a movie

Ahahahahah. N00bs these days.

It was probably just a filler thing.

Yes, yes it was.

I think that the GS ball is the only which is able to catch celebi
    Maybe some evil team rocket guys steal it and catch Celebi with it ^^

Well, the fourth movie did all that without the GS Ball, so no.

I have heard that the GS Ball contains Brock's personality, Ash's brain, Team Rocket's money, and much more...

Oh, OK, that makes sense.

Nice, illogical post there.

I think it could be a rare pokemon.

Could be.

I just died. That was great!!

I'm going to say filler... and someone somewhere who's idea the GS ball was is laughing about how people like us everywhere will never know what is in it.

Filler.

And, there you have it folks, the GS Ball was indeed, a filler.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I have heard that the GS Ball contains Brock's personality, Ash's brain, Team Rocket's money, and much more...

Impossible. If Ash's brain was in there, then the GS Ball must have been created before the series even started.
    What do you think is in the GS ball?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Remember the GS ball that nobody could open? well, what do you think is in it?

A universe beyond our comprehension, where little children dance around fountains while wearing pants out of goat legs. A magical place, where noobs are not a problem on the Internet but are rather quite helpful when they can be. A place where dubbed forms of anime are accepted by hardcore and generic fans alike. And, above all else, a place where wars and death do not exist on a day-to-day basis, and everybody has the food and resources to survive on their own without any need for money.

But, seriously, it doesn't matter since we'll never see it again.

P_S_B

Frontier Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    What's in the GS Ball: All the cool ideas for good episodes and plots etc, but the anime producers can't open it either, so they have to resort to repetitive filler episodes instead.

Guest123_x1

From the way I see it, the GS Ball might not even be a Pokemon capturing or storage ball at all! (It could instead be a solid object with no hollow core or interior.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016

Oh, OK, that makes sense.

I like this idea. It makes the most sense so far.

Mr. Roboto

Is the Lord of The Underground
    Years
    A universe beyond our comprehension, where little children dance around fountains while wearing pants out of goat legs. A magical place, where noobs are not a problem on the Internet but are rather quite helpful when they can be. A place where dubbed forms of anime are accepted by hardcore and generic fans alike. And, above all else, a place where wars and death do not exist on a day-to-day basis, and everybody has the food and resources to survive on their own without any need for money.

But, seriously, it doesn't matter since we'll never see it again.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! It was a waste of a pokeball.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The most powerful of them all - Magikarp. Bow down to it, I say!

It was basically just the hook, I think, for the series then - although I'm not really knowlegable about the Anime...

Years
    I'll say it's Nintendo's collective intellect and common sense. Why else did they did abandon the Gym Leader Castle concept for Gamecube and Wii? Or create the massive embassment that was Battle Revolution? Shifty eyes.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    I'll say it's Nintendo's collective intellect and common sense. Why else did they did abandon the Gym Leader Castle concept for Gamecube and Wii? Or create the massive embassment that was Battle Revolution? Shifty eyes.

yeah, i think that's probably the truth. it also contains the reason they made captain falcon's final smash the thing where he runs people over with the blue falcon, instead of making it the uber-pawnch of uberness ^_^ (and i watched the show, OK, i know what really happened.)

Rebel Charizard

The flames are waiting
    Years
    What if, the GS ball is portal to another world where pokemon are the trainers and humans are the ( how do i put it ) what we refer to as pokemon. And maybe poke balls in that world are gold/silver not red/white. Hmm

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    Isn't it just a plot hole? If I remember correctly in-game it was a key item which couldn't be used or opened. It was just placed at the shrine so Celebi would appear.

Years
    Giant, flesh-eating bunnies. Because Celebi is just a MacGuffin for you to open it. Mwahaha!

And, yes, there is an actual movie based on giant flesh-eating rabbits (thanks, "Night of the Lepus").

Back