• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think is the most efficient way of spending irl cash on the game?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Not lures, either I'm cheap or my area is particularly generous (or both) but there are almost always lures up at popular spots at all times of the day. Best things to buy imo are Incubators and Lucky Eggs. You can only carry 9 eggs at a time so it's good to keep hatching them since they're so easy to get through PokéStops, and Lucky Eggs for obvious reasons.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Not lures, either I'm cheap or my area is particularly generous (or both) but there are almost always lures up at popular spots at all times of the day. Best things to buy imo are Incubators and Lucky Eggs. You can only carry 9 eggs at a time so it's good to keep hatching them since they're so easy to get through PokéStops, and Lucky Eggs for obvious reasons.

I forgot about how efficient incubators are, good point. I'd say lures/lucky eggs are probably a close second, though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Yeah, incubators and lucky eggs are a must.

Here's a way to look at lucky eggs: if you use them all of the time they effectively cut the amount of XP you need to level up in half. So going from level 39 to level 40 takes 5 million XP which equates to ~7 days of nonstop playing. If you do it all on eggs, however, you *only* need 2.5 million XP which equates to a week in which you play 50% of each day.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I personally find that, like other people have said, incubators and lucky eggs are the best use of money. Lucky eggs are absolutely invaluable if you want to make fast progress and catch higher CP Pokémon quickly to take on gyms etc more efficiently and they aren't that expensive either as long as you only use one once every two or three days after saving up all your fodder/candy for a huge evolution spree. Incubators are a bit more interesting, the main value from these in my opinion comes from the fact that you're wasting a lot less potential eggs that you could have picked up from stops when your inventory was full and eggs are often the quickest way to find new Pokémon once you've cleared out your area.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Incubators are probably the only thing I would spend poke coins on, lures are only useful for getting lots of common Pokemon so good for levelling up but usually I just keep an eye out for other people putting lures down. Unless you know a pokespot that is going to get lots of rare Pokemon during a life then it's not really worth it

Years
  • Incubators, definitely. I would consider Lucky Eggs, too, but only second. They're good and all, especially at the start of the game. Eventually you just have to accept the grind unless you want to spend, well... more money than I want to on the game.

I have spent and will spend more for incubators. But Lucky Eggs, at this point, are a luxury... I won't die from not having them.

Azelf Ibrahim

Good thing I'm here! No? Anyone?
    Years
  • I choose to purchase incense to attract Pokémon since I only play it to and from work while walking. I also pass heaps of stops to pick up eggs.

Along with the lucky egg, I find it really useful. There isn't a dull moment.
    After I catch a Pokémon another one pops up, catch that one then an egg hatches and after it hatches, two more Pokémon pop up and so on for the next 30 mins.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Thought I'd share this new way to get pokecoins through surveys. I know that sounds crazy and I usually don't do surveys since I don't want to waste my time. I did this one since I was bored and I thought why not for some pokecoins. I was able to get 11,100 pokecoins. here is the link if anyone is interested just copy and paste to browser as is: pokecoins.space

Years
  • The only things I have purchased so far has been the incubators and incense and I feel they were both wise investments for the little money I put into the game so far.

Back