• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What do YOU think made GSC so great?

Years
    What made GSC so great was because it was only the first generation games with two official regions.
    That's what I think that made GSC so special. :D

BoneBlade

Journeyman of Forgotten Lands
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    The G/S/C games were so good, I don't even know where to start. The day/night sequences, Johto is my favourite region by far now, the Trainer House, sixteen gyms and heaps of other things. It just felt so much more polished than the other games.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Well, when I was a very young child, the original 151 Pokemon were all the rage. After those games, well, I didn't think about what would come after them. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind that there were would be sequels, so when the Johto Pokemon games came out, it was a huge surprise that I totally wasn't expecting. I think that was what made GSC so great - the fact that I didn't know it was coming.

Years
    Pokemon breeding did it for me.

A secondary vote would go towards the design of Mt. Mortar and Whirl Islands. I never appreciated getting lost.

Back