• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Buizel not evolving at this point?

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • It's been about 120 episodes since Buizel was first captured and it's been shown to be a powerhouse since then. At this point though, it's Ash's only Pokémon that hasn't evolved yet, barring the obvious Pika-pal of course.

Spoiler:

Why do you think the writers haven't evolved Buizel yet? Will they ever evolve it? How do you feel? Do you want to cut yourself because of it?

Last edited:

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • I'd rather they didn't evolve Buizel, he's badass as is and I personally love Buizel's design and dislike Floatzels, so I hope they don't. Because if they did... >:/

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Buizel always struck me as being too damn stubborn to evolve anyway. In the anime, evolution nearly always happens to give the guy a powerboost to beat something he/she couldn't beat before. I really don't want to Buizel to evolve under those circumstances, just doesn't fit my view of him.

Living Desert

Lock up your daughters...
    Years
  • The thing about evolutions, is that the writers have always seemed to use them as plot devices rather than indications of a pokemon's level of strength. For example, if a poke experiences some major turning event in its storyline, it evolves. If a poke needs to accomplish something, it evolves to do so. Is it not doing so well in battles? it'll evolve and become a real powerhouse. Ash's Buizel is strong as it is. If it does evolve, it'll be farther down the road.

Years
  • It's been about 120 episodes since Buizel was first captured and it's been shown to be a powerhouse since then. At this point though, it's Ash's only Pokémon that hasn't evolved yet, barring the obvious Pika-pal of course.

Spoiler:

Why do you think the writers haven't evolved Buizel yet? Will they ever evolve it? How do you feel? Do you want to cut yourself because of it?

And your point is? Whoopie doo, Buizel hasn't evolved. Who cares? I think Buizel is perfectly fine the way he is just like Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I personally think Buizel evolving would push this season's evolutions over the top. Enough Pokemon have evolved this season; we don't need any more, I'd say.

Years
  • with all respect to poor buizel it just cant stop losing ever since its glory episodes between maylene and fantina.

it just continuously gets stroked.

my guess is that it could evolve during the pokemon league. just to gain ash an epic win against paul.

shot571

imo i prefer pokemon evolving. i think it adds a new twist to the episodes. not a major one but something new. i also like it when they learn new moves. dunno why though

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • They could be saving it for a new evo besides Floatzel in the 5th gen (meh, I know sounds really absurd.)

Or they just think they want to keep the main Pokemon as cute as possible to have more of an influence on children/females/adults watching what their kids are watching.

Or they just think have something so fast with them would be a little overpowered.

Or they just forgot about it / are saving it for waaay too long and are forgetting all obvious mechanics of the game.

Either way I'm glad because that thing is sooo ugly.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I was wondering about that too. But I guess its okay for buizel not to evolve at this point. If Ash decides to keep it through the johto battle frontier then it can evolve.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • CliveKoopa said:
    And your point is? Whoopie doo, Buizel hasn't evolved. Who cares? I think Buizel is perfectly fine the way he is just like Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Ash has full roster of evolved Pokémon and Buizel hasn't evolved. It may actually be the weakest member of his entire team right now.

Oh, and it's whoop-de-doo.

Oh, and irony:

CliveKoopa said:
    This is a Pokemon forum created for questions and theories, etc about the Pokemon Universe. What are you doing here if that is your attitude?

DonRoyale said:
    I personally think Buizel evolving would push this season's evolutions over the top. Enough Pokemon have evolved this season; we don't need any more, I'd say.

5 out of his 6 Pokémon are evolved right now, one more wouldn't actually hurt.

dark_spoon_91 said:
    my guess is that it could evolve during the pokemon league. just to gain ash an epic win against paul.

I doubt it. They probably would use Pikachu or the Chimchar line.

Syphr said:
    Or they just think they want to keep the main Pokemon as cute as possible to have more of an influence on children/females/adults watching what their kids are watching.

It's be weird to have evolved every Pokémon but Buizel since it doesn't appear that often anymore. Right?

Last edited:

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • im pretty annoyed with it, in the gym battle with byron i could of sworn that thing would evolve at one point.... i hope it evolves in the league whil fighting paul :)

Years
  • *Points to Squirtle, Totodile, and Corphish*

It's no surprise that Buizel didn't evolve (As far as we know). Ash's main water type never has evolved yet, and the writers will probably keep it that way.

And Gabite>Floatzel

Years
  • Ash has full roster of evolved Pokémon and Buizel hasn't evolved. It may actually be the weakest member of his entire team right now.

Oh, and it's whoop-de-doo.

Oh, and irony:

5 out of his 6 Pokémon are evolved right now, one more wouldn't actually hurt.

I doubt it. They probably would use Pikachu or the Chimchar line.

It's be weird to have evolved every Pokémon but Buizel since it doesn't appear that often anymore. Right?

I don't see what the big deal is about Buizel not evolving. I don't find it weird at all and Buizel is far from weak. Looking at all of Buizel's previous battles, he doesn't have many losses and is just great and powerful as he is.

Years
  • Hmm....if Buizel evolved, I would be either grateful, or pissed. Depends on the episode. Besides, it looks cooler as a Buizel than a Floatzel. In fact, it maybe holding it's evolution.

It may not like being stronger...maybe he wants to be stronger on his own than evolve? Like too stubborn?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • ehh im not phased not a buziel fan i actually love it when it gets clobbered
    Spoiler:
    and i know it mean but it is tru

Syrp

...And here comes the mystery.
    Years
  • I like Buizel. And Pachirisu. But I don't think Buizel should evolve. I like a tiny powerhouse like that.

Back