• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think of HG/SS?

Toa Hyro

master of shadows
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    I never got any of the Generation II games but one of my friends has it so I can compare games and sounds so its pretty good.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Haven't enjoyed a Pokémon game as much as this one, it's just way too epic. I love how you have your Pokémon walking next to you, brings back so many good times. Overall, it's the only reason why I got my Nintendo DS XL.

nm legend

Years
  • just bought it yesterday nd i think its pretty cool....the fact that it was a remake made me want to get it becuase i used to play pokemon wen i was lil jit....its funny cuz im like the only person playin it out of my "bout that life" friends

Years
  • Its better than the diamond, pearl, and platinum. I loved it. I hate the new pokemon. The new pokemon has so many different kind of weakness.

jksa893

Playing Soul Silver
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    I bought as I saw a lot of English translaters trying to translate the text for HG/SS. So,I thought it would be good...

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I really love Pokemons walking behind me (I remembered I hate my Pikachu so much and traded him off to evolve xD).

&&, the best game I ever had - Remind me of my Crystal times!

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I don't know how you found that it was no fun... I honestly dislike people who are too picky to like anything, especially a remake, to make better, of one of the greatest games of all time. The two games are great in most ways, and I see nothing that would even come close to "no fun." If you think there was no fun in it, then you might as well drop the series for yourself, because it will only get better.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I really love HG/SS. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm forced to train with wild pokemon, since there is no VS Seeker. The Voltorb Flip also made me a bit frustrated, but nonetheless, this game is spectacular.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I thought i was the only one asking for a remake, kind of like a dream that would never come true haha. Well i remember getting it, battling with my friends, and overplaying it so much, never got tired of it. Now I am 18 years old, i had Diamond, and whatnot when it came out, but was just digging it a bit, you know? It's good, but to a certain point. I had sold my DS over a year and 1/2 ago, focusing more on my personal life, music, and my high school now off to college.

I heard from my friend "Dude, did you hear about Heart Gold and Soul Silver?" I said "What are you talking about?" he said, "They are remaking soul silver, coming out next month :)" I jumped and i kissed my girlfriend (she's a pokemon fan as well :) ) and i (after school) went to get a job, waited till Soul Silver came out, and that day, me and my gf went to the store, and bought ourselves a copy of both. I obviously got Soul Silver, and i convinced her into getting Heart Gold.

I love that game, and so does she, we trade, battle and train, it's freaking awesome. There's no dissapointments about it, in fact, in my, and her opinion, they made it better than the original, with everything that they added. Game Freak has relived my childhood and there's not a day that passes by without me or her playing that game. :)

Years
  • heheh I'm 25 years old. I just got the game a few days ago. I got my 7th badge and I'm training my pokemon to become stronger.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    I really love HeartGold. I don't think it could really ever replace the same feelings I got with Gold and Crystal, but I think it's still one of the best Pokemon games ever. I love that you can walk with your Pokemon now. Didn't think I would ever see that again after Yellow.
    I don't really have a problem with the game besides a couple things.
    I don't like that the game corner was taken out and replaced with Voltorb flip, for example.
    And no VS.Seeker....gets tiring fighting wild Pokemon.

Years
  • I bought SS for my fiance because he's a big Pokemon fan as well. We had a lot of fun with the Pokewalker, and he said the game was pretty awesome. We did have some problems with it crashing though and losing his entire save game. It was pre-ordered, and completely legit. :(

Electrovenom

Often lost in thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    I prefer Platinum more, but this is a great game none the less.
    I especially love how you can run without rendering your B button useless and the fact that every single pokemon follows around. The Pokewalker is a nice toUch, as are the new Egg moves. The sole reason I prefer Platinum is that there is more to do after the Elite 4, not to mention that training is by far easier in Sinnoh than Johto. I do like the Kanto feature and the ability to get 3rd Gen Legendary's though.

Some sprites in HG/SS are a little disappointing, like Quagsire. However, others like Kabutops and Raticate were simply astounding. Scizor's is simply epic, even if I love his old school D/P sprite.

Not bad Gamefreak, not bad. Have a cookie.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • My experience was... mixed. :\

Okay... here goes...

I was excited when i first got it. When I heard New Bark's theme, I was sooooo emotional. :') However, the... "moment" soon wore off and I was literally trudging through Johto. :\ It was... boring. :\ However, after a bit more of playing, I got back into it. Some parts were good, some not so good. The Pokeathlon, for example, was amazing. The Game Corner was horrendous. I want slots back. xD Or, at least the ability to buy coins. ;) Plus, Crystal features made me smile, as I loooove Pokemon Crystal. However, the amount of legendaries... :\ They're legendaries, not common Pokemon! |:< However, it was challenging and I only completed it because i traded a Lucky Egg over. :P Red was cool, and so was Lance, and they were both challenging! :) Plus, the PokwWalker was cool.

Tl;dr, HG/SS was okay, but could have been better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    When I first got it I was really disappointed. I didn't like the graphics, especially the design of the girl player. I've gotten used to her and I love the graphics now but I still miss Kris. T__T As for the rest of the game... surprisingly, it doesn't give me much of a nostalgic feeling at all. It's only every now and then that I'm struck with that pleasant deja vu feeling. Frankly, this remake is just too different from the original to make me all warm and fuzzy inside. And if I was judging this game all on its own merit and not the fact that it's a remake... I have to say that it's pretty boring. And the phone calls drive me CRAZY!!!

But ooooooomfg. I love the pokeathalon. SOOO much fun! And I like that I can use the points to buy awesome stuff like KINGS ROCKS! *swoon*

Aren't the songs different? They aren't familiar to me. It seems like if I recognized them from G/S/C that I would feel more nostalgic about HS.

Years
  • G/S/C were my absolute favorite Pokemon games, so just being able to go through Johto (and Kanto) again is amazing. The new features, such as the Pokeathlon, having Pokemon following you around, etc, are really cool. And of course, the Pokewalker is a nice touch as well.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • I got kind of disappointed when the female player was announced, but when I got SS I was super happy. I still chose the male player, though. XD

What I find is that it's really hard to train in some places. So right now I'm stuck with a bunch of level 30s in Pryce's gym. Bah.

The Pokeathlon is incredibly fun, and the Pokewalker is fun to walk around with. I'd say I like HG/SS.

Years
  • HeartGold and SoulSilver were worth the wait.

I have HeartGold, and I love it. G/S/C were my favorite games, and Johto is my favorite region. I love the graphics, the ability to still go to Kanto, the ability for your pokemon to follow you, overall I pretty much love everything about it. Playing it brought back some memories of when I originally played G/S/C.

Years
  • I really enjoyed Heart Gold, I was expecting it to be a bit rubbish, but that was just me being pessimistic. I like how it turned out and I am thinking about bying Soul Silver just to say I got both haha :D

Back