• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Pikachu?

Who do you like better:Pichu, Pikachu, or Raichu?

• Total voters

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    Personally, Raichu is my third favorite Electric-type (second is the Elekid line, and first is the Mareep line <3) and I don't like Pichu that much. Pikachu is a bit overrated, and I would've liked Clefairy to be the PokeMascot, but it's Nintendo's fault they chose Pikachu. :P No, IT'S ALL ASH'S FAULT FOR WAKING UP LATE! D:

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Not on the subject of competitive battling, how could you not love Pikachu? It's like the essence of Pokemon itself. I even had one on my team just because I liked it (and a OHKO Volt Tackle doesn't hurt). Raichu and Pichu are both cool Pokemon, too. My family loves Pikachu too, so :p

Last edited:

blazeape

Man......Its hot in here.
    Years
    Most people just dump on pikachu.

And say mean things like it's so cute i just whant to kick it

but with raichu whats the deal with those spark plugs on its checks just because he's part of a evolution dose'nt mean they can jock ideas from each other

Last edited:
    Years
    Pichu is de best as of cutness.
    Pikachu = OVERRATED (exept in RBY, hes pretty cool xD)
    Raichu is obviously the best (competitivly)

and lol Pichu is gonna be special in the upcoming 12th movie in japan!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Heh, Raichu is my fourth favorite pokemon. So I'm going to pick him. Pichu is okay, but Pikachu... is overrated. It may be a 'special' Pikachu in the anime, but still... Besides, Raichu is just cool. But that is a little biased, seeing as I like it a lot.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
    Years
    I like all three. Pichu cuz its a really cute and deadly Pokemon; Volt tackle. End of story. Pikachu cuz its so cute and cool, plus its really useful, to me anyways. And Raichu cuz its just awsome and really cool. In any roster I've ever had, atleast one of them included a Raichu I raised from a Pichu.

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
    Battle terms Raichu and if i was going to use any of them in fights it would be raichu.
    but i prefer pikachu over raichu, looks much better.

Finally, i think pikachu is over used (not in fights as such). There is no pokemon game which he hasn't been in. Now i'm sure if pikachu wasn't in 5th gen until national dex there would be an uproar, but come 6th gen and he's catchable again i bet he'd be much more appreciated. I was so disappointed when i found out pikachu was catchable in 4th gen pre-national dex. Other pokemon been in each gen include, zubat, geodude, machop and psyduck, probably more but i can't think off the top of my head.

What ware you talking about? Pikachu can be caught pre-national dex.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    I dunno, I tend to take a liking to all three, although Raichu is still one of my absolute favorites, you cannot deny the awesome power of Pikachu or Pichu. ^_^

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Raichu! I used to love Raichu!! In my opinion, Pikachu is extremely overrated. I really am tired of Pikachu. I never really thought Pikachu was cute anyway :P

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I really don't get what's so annoying about Pikachu; It's just like any other mascot.
    As for the question at hand....I prefer Raichu. Infact, I find it to be underrated.
    I like all three of them, though.

Years
    Well, my mum loves Pikachu xD
    I think that's because it is the most known Pokemon lol
    I don't like Pikachu very much, but I also don't hate it.
    Pichu is cute, but I hate to evolve it.. the same with all other baby Pokmon xD
    hmm Raichu is for battling the best of this evolution imo (I like to use it as a mixed sweeper in UU), but it isn't my favourite Pokemon, too.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Battle term: Raichu
    Cute terms: Raichu

Wait... I just realized that I said Raichu for both of them. LOL Seriously, though... I do like Pikachu. He is cute and all. But, I will always like Raichu better. And, I never really liked Pichu, honestly. Pichu isn't even that cute...

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I've never been interested in Pichu, so I won't say much on it. I do like Pikachu, however. Pikachu is the biggest overused anything of all time, but that isn't a reason to dislike it. Just despise the people that like Pikachu simply because everyone else does or because its the main pokemon of the show. Raichu all the way. I always use a Rachu in my leafgreen games. Not to mention I just love the kangaroo mouse since I think they're awsome, and that's what Raichu was based off of.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I think Raichu looks cool. I never really cared about Pichu and Pikachu.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I must come here and defend Pikachu. :[

I've always like Pikachu the most out of the evolution line. Pichu is too baby-like, so the little thing seems too fragile to actually do much. (Plus, those I've seen in the anime make the creature look like a little crybaby.) Raichu is too...well...fat. =[ I mean, it can't really join the trainer in as many activities as Pikachu can because Pikachu is big enough to be noticed, and small enough to sit on the lap/shoulder.

So I like Pikachu because its the perfect little companion.

As for competitive battling, eh. I don't really battle competitively, so I don't let that affect my opinion. And Pikachu is a perfectly good Pokemon for me in the games.

So yeah. Pikachu. It's cute. It's everywhere. Which is fortunate for me.

And I swear. If things had gone originally as planned, you'd all be sitting here going "Clefairy is soooooooooooooo overrated. :(:(:("

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I like both Pikachu and Raichu a lot. I don't really like Pichu much though, I've always found them annoying for some inexplicable reason... :/

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    The three are both cool, but they suck at metagames. Pichu can be used in "no fun" CB's and Pikachu is good in UU's. Although Raichu has great STAB moves and high sp. attack and speed, it can be easily taked down by Ubers.

Back