• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What do you think of: torchic

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
  • Torchics great but it evolves into nothing but a big chicken until it becomes Blaziken. If i chose Torchic i would not evolve it.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    Torchic is awesome because he is the true underdog in the game. All the others have an easy ride, whereas Torchic must be nurtured to greater strength the survive the hostile and water-filled world that surrounds him. I love the underdog.

Years
  • Torchic is useful for the fact that there are so few Fire-type Pokemon available in R/S/E.

I prefer Vulpix/Ninetales though, which is thankfully available, so I hardly ever find myself starting with Torchic. Mudkip, for all the jokes that it gets, is truely the best starter, because it has the best final evolution.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • i love torchic.
    i used to prefer mudkip as a starter, but then i decided to give torchic a chance. i always hated fighting types, which is why i figured i wouldn't enjoy it after it evolved, but i was pleasantly surprised to find that i liked it just as much, if not more, than mudkip.

(though, i will admit i've never tried treecko. i can only stand one or two of all the grass types out there, personally.)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Torchic is okay, its a cute-looking pokemon with an awesome evolution line, but its move pool is rather shallow and can be somewhat annoying. It's also a bit bland when it comes to appearance, again, it looks cute, but that doesn't cut it.
    I would say that Torchic is the worst of the three hoenn starters (But it's final evolution is probably the second best).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Torchic FTW! Torchic was the starter that got me "re-involved" with the Pokemon franchise, and I'm glad! Together, we'll storm and slash-and-burn the opposition, leaving embers in our wake!! :D
    ...once I start a permanent Pokemon file in Emerald and evolve Torchic, that is! :)

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Torchic is not one of my favourites. Mostly because I'm all water and grass type. But Torchic would probably come second on my favourite fire type Pokémon list. Right under Charmander.
    So I'm not really big on fire Pokémon. But yes, I would use Torchic if I had to. Nothing to hate about Torchic.

LittleMissChikorita

**Flower.Girl**
    Years
  • I love torchic <3 when i started my pearl game i chose piplup then as soon as i could i started up an emerald game got my friend to catch it on his version in pal park and trade it over to me, my blaziken is now lv 100 and he's never left my team since <3

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    Torchic (and its related evolutions) were amazing in Ruby and Sapphire. ... somehow not so much in Emerald. Probably because they replaced Steven, whom Blaziken could utterly demolish, with the old Sootopolis gym leader (for the life of me, I can't remember his name).

As for design... definitely cute. The most huggable of the Hoenn starters.

Back