• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you think?

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Carpet said:
    I'm an atheist, but I kind of believe in reincarnation.

That makes no sense whatsoever...elaborate

Jorge said:
    On topic, I believe in the three destination areas of the soul, purgatory, hell and heaven. Then there's the nine circles of hell and the different areas of those circles(Example, the ninth circle contains four zones while the eighth circle contains 10 ditches). There's also the three specters of heaven, but that's too confusing to get into and I really don't believe that part.

Never heard it like that. Is that from a book or where did you get that from?

Greedy Pants said:
    I can't believe in this Hell statements. I don't think God would create us just to d.amn "bad" people.

Why not? Even though God is a God of Love, he's also the Divine Judge, meaning he judges people. So if you didn't repent in your life, why wouldn't he send you to hell?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though I'm usually a jerk and sarcastic, I'm very serious on these kinds of subjects. PC has had countless religious threads in the past, and they've all ended up in flames. Let's all try to be nice eh?

I believe in God. I believe when you die you will see God and Jesus, and God will tell you where you're going depending on whether or not you accepted his son. If you didn't, hell. If you did, heaven.

I don't believe in Reincarnation, because there's no proof for it, whatsoever, not even a speck...

and that's me

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Aang: The Last Airbender said:
    SO you think you jsut dissapear? What about your soul? WHat happens to it?
    Uhh, I suppose there's no such thing as a soul?

John Denver said:
    I dunno, I thought about that too. Maybe reincarnation doesn't exist in a spiritual or religious sense or anything, but maybe the consciousness has to switch over to somewhere somehow. I don't actually believe that, but I think it's sort of reasonable to consider it as a possibility.

Last edited:

Micans

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    John Denver said:

Well, I also believe in paranormal things, like ghosts, so there may be some way for a consciousness to be transferred. Also, I saw some book on Amazon about reincarnation that showed connections between birthmarks and wounds that people who were murdered had. My mind seems to think that it's more logical for dying to just be going to sleep forever with no afterlife, but I seem to want myself to believe in reincarnation because of my fear of death.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    I don't really believe in anything in particular. I'd rather not believe in anything, than believe in something and end up being wrong. My saying for what happens at death is 'wait and see'. I try to be as good a person as I can though, seeing as good people are said to get better 'rewards' at death. Just being on the safe side I guess.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    John Denver said:
    Even though I'm usually a jerk and sarcastic, I'm very serious on these kinds of subjects. PC has had countless religious threads in the past, and they've all ended up in flames. Let's all try to be nice eh?

I believe in God. I believe when you die you will see God and Jesus, and God will tell you where you're going depending on whether or not you accepted his son. If you didn't, hell. If you did, heaven.

I don't believe in Reincarnation, because there's no proof for it, whatsoever, not even a speck...

and that's me

Finally, a person with the same views as me! ^^ As for all you people that say he wouldn't bring you here to be ***(No, I'm not gonna say it >.>;; ), that's completely wrong(In my opinion anyway). He brought you here because he was lonely, and wanted people that would choose to love and obey him. He lets you make your own choices, you're not controlled. If you choose to accept him, then you are rewarded with eternal life. If you don't, well let's just say you'll be buried more than six feet under(As in Hell >.>)

So....I'm not trying to flame anyone here or start some big hure arguement(Although I think that's already happened). Just merely expressing my opinion and what it says in the Bible ^^

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Aang: The Last Airbender said:
    When I read some of your post, they make sence. But one thing I see is if your a criminal u go to Hell but thats not true. If you haven't been saved or, "let god live in you." Then you go to Hell.

Greed, you are not the first person who I have heard say that. Some people say that we have no control on what we do. I think the the exact opposite. I know that I have every control of myslef. If I told you to jump off a house. Do you think your body will drag you onto the house? No, its your choice. Speaking for myself, I know i can do what i want. I know it might not be right but i control my destiny and I beileve in that.

Others say you could do all the right things in life. But you can't. U will sin and that is for certain. The only man who walked this earth without sin is Jesus Christ.

ALso Greed, he didn't make us to be d.amned. We were originally sopossed to go to heaven. But Adam and Eve did the one thing he said not to. They ate the fruit. They did do it to upset him but they were tricked by Satan who disgiused himself as a snake.

By your jumping off a house example, I'd still say God decides that for us. What stops him from making us do something inmoral?

I do think we have a conscious mind, I just believe that it is an inferior part of us. This "God" is dominant, he did after all, make us who we are. If you asked me to jump off a bridge, my reason would tell me to stop. But God controls us. He could simply -force- me to jump off the bridge; I really believe he has absolute control of us when were "alive". When we die, we were released from the role he had for us in life, and then we go.. I am not sure really. I can't really make out what will happen to us after we die ^^; Who can?

John Denver said:
    Why not? Even though God is a God of Love, he's also the Divine Judge, meaning he judges people. So if you didn't repent in your life, why wouldn't he send you to hell?

To be honest, I don't have a good answer to that. Even if I did, it'd have to do with my beliefs and those answers really are meaningless when it comes to trying to telling them to others who have their own beliefs.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Micans said:
    Well, I also believe in paranormal things, like ghosts, so there may be some way for a consciousness to be transferred. Also, I saw some book on Amazon about reincarnation that showed connections between birthmarks and wounds that people who were murdered had. My mind seems to think that it's more logical for dying to just be going to sleep forever with no afterlife, but I seem to want myself to believe in reincarnation because of my fear of death.

I...

am Atheist.
    Don't believe in ghosts.
    Don't believe in a god/gods.
    Don't believe in reincarnation.

I believe that when you die, you're dead. That's it. Similar to a state before you were born. You just didn't exist. I suppose you can think of it as an eternal sleep, although its more similar to non-existance, no dreams or any loopholes to bring you back. And as for a soul, that's connected to your body. Your "soul" can't exist without your brain. All of your thoughts and ideas and everything that makes you think the way you do, is your brian. Your brain can't exist without your body. So if your dead, so is your "soul".

If you can seriously prove to me that a god/reincarnation/something else exists using the scientific method, I'll believe it. I don't believe a book that was "interpreted" by humans living 2000+ years ago.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    There is no scientifical way to explain, but there is a thing called faith. You know, the thing where you believe in something and in your heart you just know that it's true?

And, don't mean to bring up any more controversial issues, but how do you think that we exist? We just, appeared somehow? The Earth, planets, humans, animals, nature, just appeared out of nowhere? I don't mean to offend your beliefs or anything, I would just like to know your opinion.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Tyson said:
    There is no scientifical way to explain, but there is a thing called faith. You know, the thing where you believe in something and in your heart you just know that it's true?

And, don't mean to bring up any more controversial issues, but how do you think that we exist? We just, appeared somehow? The Earth, planets, humans, animals, nature, just appeared out of nowhere? I don't mean to offend your beliefs or anything, I would just like to know your opinion.

No offence taken.

And for faith, I like logic, I don't believe things without it. I am just a logical person. Religion usually includes very little logic.

I'll answer that question. Honestly, I don't know how got here, but I'm not concerned about it. My most logical explanation is that we were always here. That time is like a line with no beginning or end. There are still so many mysteries in science that we don't have the technology or understanding to explain. But I don't believe in something just because there is no other avaliable reason out there.

And I want to know what you think about this, how did God/whatever superior being that created us get here?

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    We can only partially comprehend the notion of God's existence. To do so, we must use human concepts to speak of God: "without beginning or end"; "eternal"; "infinite", etc. The Bible says that He has always existed: " . . . even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God" (Psalm 90:2). And, "Your throne is established from of old; Thou art from everlasting" (Psalm 93:2). Quite simply, God has no beginning and no end. So, where did God come from? He didn't. He always was.

To us, the notion of time is linear. One second follows the next, one minute is after another. We get older, not younger and we cannot repeat the minutes that have passed us by. We have all seen the time lines on charts: early time is on the left and later time is on the right. We see nations, people's lives, and plans mapped out on straight lines from left to right. We see a beginning and an end. But God is "beyond the chart." He has no beginning or end. He simply has always been.

Also, physics has shown that time is a property that is the result of the existence of matter. Time exists when matter exists. Time has even been called the fourth dimension. But God is not matter. In fact, God created matter. He created the universe. So, time began when God created the universe. Before that, God was simply existing and time had no meaning (except conceptually), no relation to Him. Therefore, to ask where God came from is to ask a question that cannot really be applied to God in the first place. Because time has no meaning with God in relation to who He is, eternity is also not something that can be absolutely related to God. God is even beyond eternity.

Quite simply, God never "came into existence," He has always been there. He has no beginning or end, He IS the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega, eternal...

Micans

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    John Denver said:
    But....you don't want to believe in God?

No, I don't. Atheism is much more logical than theism. Religion was created to avoid fear of death and to explain things that couldn't be explained. Then science came along.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Yeah, you're making it sound like you know EVERYTHING, which you don't, because if you did you would know that religion isn't just something that you can fall back on as some sort of cushion to explain everything.

Science....how does that explain ANYTHING? All those things that you read about in science books, they're theories, there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that any of those "explanations" are true...Now, how excatly do you believe that we came to be?...

Micans

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    Tyson said:
    Yeah, you're making it sound like you know EVERYTHING, which you don't, because if you did you would know that religion isn't just something that you can fall back on as some sort of cushion to explain everything.

Science....how does that explain ANYTHING? All those things that you read about in science books, they're theories, there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that any of those "explanations" are true...Now, how excatly do you believe that we came to be?...

How do you explain an omniscient deity suddenly coming into existance?

Micans

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    Tyson said:
    I think that sums it up nicely.

Well, maybe existance has just always been here, no deity that has "always been here" needed?

Back