• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you think?

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
    Years
    I think we go to heaven or hell then if we want we get to live life again as a person or animal.My cat and dog look and seem to sometimes act like people,especially my dog!and my mum always says the've definitely been here before so i think being brought back as a person or animal is what i beleive.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I believe in God...there is a universal link around the world with the same belief. It's up to people whether or not they want to believe, while keeping in mind of other religions and the consequences of the path they take. Merely seeing one side of the argument isn't enough. =P

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Tyson said:
    Science....how does that explain ANYTHING? All those things that you read about in science books, they're theories, there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that any of those "explanations" are true...Now, how excatly do you believe that we came to be?...

Uhh, the word theory doesn't just mean guess. Most theories have tons and tons of supporting evidence to suggest that they're true. Besides, the burden of proof isn't on science. We already have all the evidence we need. YOU'RE the ones who have to prove to us otherwise. Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean you have to automatically subscribe to an opposing theory.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Okay, you seem to think that the world /was/ created by noe of these....."theories". How exactly do you think that we all came to be? We just....suddenly appeared one day? What, everything was blank and in the blink if an eye, humans, animals, nature, oceans, darkness, light, everything just appeared? You're telling me that I have to prove you otherwise, and I'm telling you why don't you prove me otherwise? >.>;;

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    Originally Posted by Tyson
    Okay, you seem to think that the world /was/ created by noe of these....."theories". How exactly do you think that we all came to be?
    That quote/question is one of the reasons that I am not athiest and why part of me believes that something mystical must exist.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Oh, well, that's good ^^ I seem to struggle with getting people to ask themselves that question, I mean, how would we just appear? We must have been created by something...or someone -.-'

MUSION

Years
    Tyson said:
    Oh, well, that's good ^^ I seem to struggle with getting people to ask themselves that question, I mean, how would we just appear? We must have been created by something...or someone -.-'
    Exactly, I mean the 'Big Bang' theory may be true, but something had to have caused that. Supposedly gases or something reacting, but those gases had to have originated somewhere. You can keep tracking further and further back, but no matter how far you go, something mystical had to have started everything off.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Yes, I totally agree, but I don't think the Earth was formed by gases or anything of that sort at all.

The Bible said:
    Genesis: Chapter 1: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters

And then it goes on to explain how he created certain things on each day, then he rested on the seventh day, the Sabbath. He blessed the day because he was resting from all the creation. So, that's how I believe we...and everything else, came to be. =D

MUSION

Years
    I'm not really sure what I think, I'm not certain of anything. I believe in life starting out as bacteria etc. evolving more and more over millions of years etc. and thats how we got to be as we are now. But I partly believe that the Earth itself (plus the other planets, the Sun, the stars etc.) all originated from God creating them in some way.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Well, in the Bible it says that God was lonely, and He wanted people that he could create that would love, comfort, follow, and stay with Him forever. That's why we were created, to be with Him and choose to leave our own selfish ways to follow Him.

Esupio sono Kamereon said:
    If it does happen, I wanna be a squirrel.

But I'm an aeithist so I don't beleive it does

What is "it?"

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    \I'm basically a logical person. *Shrugs* I'm not sure if I think we go to heaven, or come back to Earth as someone else. I either believe none or both. =/
    Dunno why. It seems like I believe in both, because I don't know which to believe, or I believe in none, because it's only logical.

I mean, c'mon, do any of you believe in the tooth fairy or Santa? o_O;
    It's basically the same thing; logic. How is some 800 year old guy supposed to fly around with 6 million presents in a small sled led by flying reindeer? o_O; And hand out all of the presents in ONE night? And how is the tooth fairy supposed to give EVERYONE money for a tooth? That's ALOT of money, all added up.

Just my logic.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Tyson said:
    How exactly do you think that we all came to be? We just....suddenly appeared one day? What, everything was blank and in the blink if an eye, humans, animals, nature, oceans, darkness, light, everything just appeared?

No one said we all just came into existance magically from nothing. You're just making irrational assumptions attempting to discredit opinions that no one even has. Science suggests that we evolved from single-celled organisms. Over time, over BILLIONS of years. Minute differences that were beneficial to survival were passed on. This is why we've become such complex creatures, because we've had BILLIONS of years to get the formula wrong. You're completely misinformed about the scientific evidence about the origins of mankind. We have a lot more proof than you think.

Kim

Years
    haven't read all of the replies, but I'm Agnostic, leaning heavily towards Atheism.

Looking at things scientifically, I cannot fathom the existence of any type of god. I also have never been offered any sort of proof whatsoever.

I was not raised to believe in God, either, so that is probably another huge factor.

I also do not believe in a "soul."

But, perhaps the largest reason I do not believe in a "higher power," is this whole "repenting" business. If a criminal molests a child, but repents...well, I'm sorry. Any "loving God" that would accept what an animal like that could do to someone, is not worth my respect, time, or love.

Thus, I believe in no heaven or hell.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Tyson said:
    Yeah.....where did those organisms come from?....o.O
    I don't know, but just because we don't have the luxury of grossly oversimplifying or approaching in such a vague manner such a huge concept as the origins of makind, it doesn't mean we're wrong, and it doesn't mean we won't have the answers someday. You can't make up answers merely because you can't explain something.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    *Shrugs* I'm not making up anything. Just because you cant see God or that he doesn't speak directely to you, doesn't mean that he doesn't exist. Do you have any prove that he doesn't exist? No, you don't. Therefore, it's possible that he exists, and created everything that you know today.

Kim

Years
    Keep in mind, Tyson, that he may NOT exist, and may NOT have created everything today. Religious and non-religious folks have to be tolerant in this area.

I believe he said that he has no proof god does NOT exist--do you have any proof that he does?

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I beleive in reincarnation. I have friends who have very vivid memories of things that they did not do in this lifetime, and two of my friends even have memories of things that they did together. I beleive them, too, as they are people whom I trust more than anyone else. I've known all of them for a very long time, and I know that they would not share those memories with people that they did not trust just as much. I have one memory that has haunted me for some time, and I wish I could remember more. I also beleive in heaven and hell, but I beleive that they are merely realms for angels and demons and that people don't go to one or the other when they die.

Last edited:

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Kim said:
    Keep in mind, Tyson, that he may NOT exist, and may NOT have created everything today. Religious and non-religious folks have to be tolerant in this area.

I believe he said that he has no proof god does NOT exist--do you have any proof that he does?

The keyword there is "may". He MAY not exist, and yet MAY exist at the same time. You all don't have any proof that he doesn't exist, and I DO have "somewhat" proof but I'd rather not type it out because I'm just going to get attacked again by your statements. I have my beliefs, and you have yours. I can practically tell by the way that you're speaking that there is no way that I would be able to convince you, considering it isn't every day that I try to convert someone to Christianity >.>;; So...good day.

Back