• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do Zombies eat?

What do zombies eat?

• Any human flesh

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • They only eat the brain

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayselipera

I didn't think zombies were such picky eaters. I thought anything human is their main diet.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Well actually a lot of references have been on Zombies eating brains.
    I know that they actually should eat flesh.
    Or both.. Whichever is easier XD

Years
  • Any flesh. Not like our heads look like the Mars Attacks! aliens.
    We do have skin, bone, and skull around our brains.

Unless you be a baby genius with an undeveloped skull...

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    That's true it was said that zombies don't eat people; only brains from an actual ziombie in a movie.
    The reason is because eating brains eases the pain of decomposition.

The name of that movie escapes me though.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • See, now something the traditional brain eating zombies miss out - getting to the brains.
    There is a thin layer of skin and then the skull, and decaying teeth can't handle pure bone. So they'd have to have the physical strength to smash the skull open, which they can't have because they're dead. So unless the eat all the neck and suck the brain out, their isnt a good way of doing it. And if they eat the entire neck well, they're not only eating brains.

So traditional, origonal zombies have a huge flaw, plus, less to eat.

On the side note, did you know that a zombie apocolypse is actually possible?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I'd be more interested in what Werewolves eat, tbh. But Zombies clearly eat all flesh, since they'd need to to get to the brain.

And screw what a movie says!

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Zombies devour the soul to make more zombies, because I don't watch TV

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • As the resident PC Zombie expert, I can tell you.

Zombies do not eat the brains. With the trouble of having to break through the skull, they rely solely on the skin and other main organs. If the brain is exposed, they will eat it. BUT it is the brain that keeps a zombie a zombie. It all happens in the head. When a zombie actually becomes a zombie, it all happens in the head. All bodily functions stop except the brain.

So in answer, the zombies WILL eat the brain, but only if it's already exposed. Other wise, they just go for the exposed skin and inner organs.

Years
  • They don't eat. They may "eat" flesh, but I think it's just to kill, not to actually digest and use as nourishment. They must be kept alive by some magical force, or they would probably all be dead within days, if not hours. So unless this magic is somehow fueled by brains... that seems like the least likely part they would eat, since it's covered in bone.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • They don't eat. They may "eat" flesh, but I think it's just to kill, not to actually digest and use as nourishment. They must be kept alive by some magical force, or they would probably all be dead within days, if not hours. So unless this magic is somehow fueled by brains... that seems like the least likely part they would eat, since it's covered in bone.

Very true.
    This is why you will see heads still snapping even after they've been removed.
    You'll see zombies with stomach blown out still "eating".
    They cannot digest anything as all the bodily functions has stopped. This means no digestion. They will "eat" until the flesh they feed upon either forces itself throughout the organs and out the rear or the stomach explodes outwards due to be completely full.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Zombies go for brains because they're mushy. Zombies have decaying teeth; how would they chew skin?
    There might be some zombies out there with false teeth.

Why would they eat, really? I mean, even if a zombie gets hold of a human, how would they rip out their victim's innards out if their muscles have decayed?

However, in recent zombie-related movies, I've seen the aforementioned devouring any parts of the human body.

Back