• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What DON'T you want to see in the new games?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    If that was a result of switching to a new engine, then they should probably have worked more on it so that it didn't need to pause as much. In that case there was certainly a progression in that aspect from Diamond (new engine, long pause) to HeartGold (same engine as Diamond, but unnoticeable pause). If the new games use an even newer engine, hopefully they've worked that out already.
    Well there was even a big change from diamond and pearl to platinum, which was much more fast paced. I dont know if you noticed but after a while in D/P the load times increase when enetering through doors (in and out). I am positive that their using a new engine and i would expect a few slow-times.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would like the encounter rate in general to be lower, Well.. Espicially the places where your to stressed to think about encountering pokemon, Like above, The victory road. You're confused enough as it is.

Yeah as mentioned, it's meant to be challenging. If anything, I think they'll increase the encounter rate, considering it's a new region, new Pokemon to discover and get to know, so...idk, I think wild Pokemon in caves will be more common than before sadly. :(

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

Yeah as mentioned, it's meant to be challenging. If anything, I think they'll increase the encounter rate, considering it's a new region, new Pokemon to discover and get to know, so...idk, I think wild Pokemon in caves will be more common than before sadly. :(
    What makes you think that?(cave) But yeah i get what you mean with the new region thing.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I hope B/W won't have a battle frontier in it. I don't like battle frontiers because they're too hard for me. I won't mind if there was just a battle tower and hopefully the new battle subway will be better.

I also don't want to have to take up too much space in my party with HM slaves when I'm on Victory Road.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I hope B/W won't have a battle frontier in it. I don't like battle frontiers because they're too hard for me. I won't mind if there was just a battle tower and hopefully the new battle subway will be better.

I also don't want to have to take up too much space in my party with HM slaves when I'm on Victory Road.
    Yeah i never went to the battle frontier. Well maybe there wont be HM's as such as now TM's are reusable.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    If there are no HM's, how can we fly then?
    In a world without fly, i'm gonna cry.
    Well ok what i meant is that hm will still be there, but they will be at tabel level with tms. You would now be able to delete as you wish ect.. So if you HAVE to learn you pokemon fly, you could just learn it fly and then when your nearing your ultimate battle, force a tm down its throat.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    i dont want to see super easy or super hard gym puzzles.
    like, in DPPt, all you had to do in the first gym was walk up to roark and battle a couple of trainers.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    i dont want to see super easy or super hard gym puzzles.
    like, in DPPt, all you had to do in the first gym was walk up to roark and battle a couple of trainers.
    Yeah i know, i dont want that either. And hopefully it wont be, but we never no its be like that for all most all first gyms.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    You wouldn't need to teach the move to a Pokemon. Any flying type Pokemon should be able to carry you without teaching Fly.

The same should apply with water Pokemon and carrying you across the water without teaching it Surf.

Also, why can't a Pokemon just cut down trees or move and smash rocks without teaching them a move which is no good in battle?

Game Freak should listen to us more.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    You wouldn't need to teach the move to a Pokemon. Any flying type Pokemon should be able to carry you without teaching Fly.

The same should apply with water Pokemon and carrying you across the water without teaching it Surf.

Also, why can't a Pokemon just cut down trees or move and smash rocks without teaching them a move which is no good in battle?

Game Freak should listen to us more.
    Yeah, i know. But its part of the strategy. You have to think carefully about what pokemon should learn the move, yet will be able to beat x POKEMON.

The Red Chain

I don't want HMs to be non-sensible like they are now.
    Nothing using Fly that is smaller than you. No Surfing Piplup, Tauros, Rhydon, or Linoone.

Things like that. It doesn't make any senseeee. D:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

:cer_laugh: that rhymed, i dunno if it was intentional or not, but its still awesome :cer_laugh:

i dont wanna see the common normal type& its evolution on every single route...
    ill go mad people...
    bidoofs... so many bidoofs...
    its just way too annoying :(

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    :cer_laugh: that rhymed, i dunno if it was intentional or not, but its still awesome :cer_laugh:

i dont wanna see the common normal type& its evolution on every single route...
    ill go mad people...
    bidoofs... so many bidoofs...
    its just way too annoying :(
    Yeah i know what you mean, the routes wild pokemon should have more variety.

Back