• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What DON'T you want to see in the new games?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
  • How do you not want contests musicals? XD

Well I don't want to see so many straight forward boring short routes. I mean, the first to yeah... but on our way to the elite 4 it should be a challenge! I also want more water routes, but not random pokemon popping up every 2 seconds while surfing.

yeah each 2 seconds a tentacruel was boring :(
    but i dont want to see short routes, but big ones like in the anime :) and i don't want to see that GF banned the Pokémon-Follow-Feature :(

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I want to see the end of the bicycle. Replace it with something else or just make running faster :)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I want to see the end of the bicycle. Replace it with something else or just make running faster :)
    :O Nooooooooo, I won't be able to live without some catchy bicycle music!~

Really though, whats wrong with the bicycle? Its not like no one uses it, you get to move faster plus its cooler then just running!

Oh idea~: Maybe we first get a bike early in the game (maybe after 2nd badge) then get to upgrade your bike to a motorcycle (like after 6th or 7th badge) it would be AWSOME!!!

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2013
    - new types - do we really need another? o_O; granted, i would like another type that resists dragon, but i'm a little iffy on a new type
    - new vehicle - i love my bike and i'm not ashamed to say it
    - pokemon following you (or, at the very least, allow an option to keep your mons in their balls -.-)
    - prevos to already existing pokemon - i don't think i'll have to worry about this much
    - a crapton of highly offensive 600 bst pokemon / legendaries (i love me some stall i won't lie)
    - while we're at it i guess i could bear with less legendaries. i'd be satisfied with 8~10. i don't really care to be honest, lol, and i don't really see why people complain about the amount of legendaries sinnoh had. it really wasn't that bad as far as i'm concerned. just reshiram/zekrom/dragon3/victini/legend trio is enough for me, though i wouldn't mind two or three others.
    - very few unique type combos. bw seems to be doing a very good job with unique types so far; shikijika, zekrom, reshiram, victini, megoruku (sp?) all are unique, and i like that. :) if they're going to use existing type combos, at least use little used ones... such as water/fighting, for instance.
    - no hail upgrade (maybe 1.5x boost to defense for ice types or something would be nice? idk)
    - more bad hms -- surf and waterfall are the only ones that aren't really outclassed by other moves or aren't mediocre outright >_>; rock climb has meh accuracy and the secondary effect is unreliable at best, and rock smash has lol power... speaking of which, it could use a buffer. maybe 60-75 bp would be okay (before anyone says it, strength is completely and totally outclassed by return/frustration).
    - no more pressure legends
    please
    - low amounts of defensive pokemon. like i said, i love my stall and want new toys to play with :3

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • non repeat type combos- I want to see some rare type combo's repeated
    Feminine looking male pokemon- they are just creepy...I'm talking about you male Loppuny...

Years
  • And for the love of god MANLY looking female Pokemon! *cringes thinking about Miss Champ*
    Oh yeah thanks for reminding me...NO Manly Female Pokemon! Make them only male or Female if you are too lazy to make a gender opposite to them or give them some good gender differences GF!

DarkAura25

Steel Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I also think that they should add a more varying world to play around in.

Seriously pretty much every game is grassy areas, in the real world there is much much more.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    More reptiles for Grass-type starters. It's been overdone ever since the franchise's birth. Something like a banana would a refreshing change of pace for a Grass-type starter.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Evolutions to pre-existing Pokemon. Diamond and Pearl really killed a lot of love for the games because of their over use of Evolutions and Pre-evolutions.

Years
  • Evolutions to pre-existing Pokemon. Diamond and Pearl really killed a lot of love for the games because of their over use of Evolutions and Pre-evolutions.
    Actually gen 2 had more pre-evolutions than Gen 4...though that is due to breeding
    I am also tired of reptile grass pokemon I am glad to see our second animal based Mammal grass pokemon (Yannapu) (the first is Leafeon) :)

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Such awkward ways to evolve a pokemon. I don't want to have to evolve it in this area, holding this item, at this time of the day, knowing this move, after it's been traded. I mean, a couple creative evolutions, but not too many weird ones.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • God forbid that they bring back the voltorb flip
    -No defog
    -No meaningless calls
    -No underground
    -No kanto region, please give kanto a break this generation
    -No one bag fits all (it gets crowded from time to time)
    -No whirlpool (if they do can they boost its attack power?)
    -No rock gym, and thats final

and thats all I can think of at the moment

The Red Chain

-No one bag fits all (it gets crowded from time to time)
    I'd rather have the crowded bag, honestly. It gets annoying when you're in a cave and you find an item you want and your bag is full.
    Then you always have to throw one of your items away. That is not fun at allll. D:

I also don't want to see Ball Capsules preventing you from putting a Pokemon in the PC. It's so annoying when you're told that you can't put a Pokemon away because you left the Ball Capsule on, then have to take them off one by one. -___-;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'd rather have the crowded bag, honestly. It gets annoying when you're in a cave and you find an item you want and your bag is full.
    Then you always have to throw one of your items away. That is not fun at allll. D:

I also don't want to see Ball Capsules preventing you from putting a Pokemon in the PC. It's so annoying when you're told that you can't put a Pokemon away because you left the Ball Capsule on, then have to take them off one by one. -___-;

This. When Ball Capsules first got released, I decided to add some for my whole team. When I had to switch them out for new pokémon after a while, I had to take them out one by one for each pokémon and it was a slow process. .-. I never really got why you couldn't let them keep their ball capsule when returning them to a PC box. With any luck, if they bring back Ball Capsules they won't need to be removed before going into your PC.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I'm going to get strong Pokemon to kill Graveller and Zubat once they appear in my sight again.
    Haven't you heard? The Isshu pokedex is only gonna have Gen5 Pokemon so you don't have to worry about all those boring zubat, geodude and tentacool.

Although I bet there'll be some gen5 counterparts that we'll all get bored of eventually.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I also think that they should add a more varying world to play around in.

Seriously pretty much every game is grassy areas, in the real world there is much much more.

Isshu seems to be the most varying. There is a desert, factory, forest, plains, islands, mountains, icy mountains, carnivals, airports etc.,

There are so many places we can find pokemon in this one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    HM Slaves No Longer

I do not want to see stupid as hell fish pokemon anymore.

I do not want as many stupid annoying kiddy pokemon. I.e. Bidoof.

I don to want any more of those accursed HMs! Rrargh! However, I did like the puzzles- and this idea came up and was used in a hack - tools for the job. I.e:
    Machete: Cut
    Flashlight: Stupid annoying Flash.
    Raft: Surf <- Should be a TM
    Scuba Kit: Dive/Whirlpool
    Hammer-Shovel: Rock Smash
    Fly should probably stay - or perhaps, with modern Isshu, there could be an airport? I'd like that.
    Rock Climb, like, a spelunking kit or saink.
    No Defog, pointless.
    And, er, yeah.

Please, please, put in an amazing absol evo.

One that doesn't suck.

Back