• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What feature from 3rd gen do you miss?

Kratos_Aurion88

Waiting for the GSC Remake
    Years
    For me, the thing I miss the most is the ability to buy Lemonades in mass quantities. A small thing, I know, but that just speaks to this generation's quality. You guys have any?

Sheek

Paladin
    Years
    Same here. Re-challenging the Gym Leaders was wonderful in Generation III. Also, the Elite Four's "Round Two" in FR/LG was also a really nice addition. The Battle Frontier from Emerald will also be missed.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I miss rebattling the Gym Leaders. That would be the main thing that Platinum needs to reintroduce back in. The BF wasn't too bad... I got annoyed at the repetitiveness of it though.

For me, the thing I miss the most is the ability to buy Lemonades in mass quantities. A small thing, I know, but that just speaks to this generation's quality. You guys have any?
    You can still do that IIRC...
    Moomoo milk's are better value though.

Years
    The Gyms are the only thing i miss i don't think much else has changed but i really wish i could rechallenge like Gardina again i hated her so much don't ask why but i could never beat her the first time

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    I miss the secret bases we could make anywhere that was possible to create them. I mean, i know we couldn't see each other but we could go in our friend's (when record is mixed) and battle them.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    I miss the little quests, like the Trick Master's house, the glassblower's house and the Lilycove Museum paintings. It feels like D/P is missing fun ones like those.

AceTrainerNicole

マニアがあること? ??慢している
    Years
    There isn't much I miss from gen 3. I preffered gen 2, mainly bacuse it was the first to have battle tower - Crystal anyway - and to have shineys and you could go to Kanto region. That's what they should add in the next gen. It was great because you thought the plot had finished and it hadn't ^_^

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I think they should add Gym rebattles in Platinum along with a phone feature. Why do they not have a phone in RS (when it was in GSC), then they put a phone in Emerald only to take it out for DP. So if Nintendo somehow follows a dumb feature pattern, there should be a phone in Platinum.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    i miss how the secret bases worked and the mixing records to battle your friends team whenever, dive as an hm, and that surf was fast istead of how god-awful slow it is now

RIMHfire

Fire User
    Years
    I forget which version it was but I liked when you wanted to battle trainers along the road you had some device that told you exactly what trainer and where. The VS seeker's a bunch of crap. i don't feel like having to run around in circles to charge it up after no trainer wants a re-match.

I also miss the glassblower. It was fun running around in the ash fields. XD

And the last thing I really miss is being able to breed any pokemon with Ditto. As soon as I acquired the National dex I imported my Ditto so I could breed an Eevee army, but instead I had to wait around for someone on GTS to trade one of the wild Ditto I caught for a female Eevee. Pain in the butt if you ask me.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    (Manaphy and Phione are the exceptions the the "Legends can't breed" rule...)

What do I miss?

Re-Battling Gym Leaders
    The longevity of the plot

uh... I forget the other one... xD

RIMHfire

Fire User
    Years
    Yeah, you can breed any Pokemon with Ditto' except legendaries of course. And to the best of my knowledge no shop lets you buy 99 Lemonades at a time...

Well, I tried breeding with a male (dunno if gender has anything to do with it, just thought I'd throw it out there in case it does) Eevee with Ditto and got nothing because they didn't like each other. I caught another Ditto and same thing happened.

Another thing I miss is being able to put items in your account on the PC. I mean, I don't need to lug around my 15+ stones and shards around with me everywhere. And it's annoying to have to scroll through so much crap in my bag just to find the Exp. Share. but that's just me.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Gosh... Y'know, for me... Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald actually have a lot of cool features I'd love to have back. I always think of the third generation as the generation of side quests. They packed that gen with stuff to do. And D/P doesn't really... have that. Once you defeat the Elite Four for D/P it turns... bleh. R/S/E had many features to keep you hooked on the line longer. (For me anyway)

I miss the secret bases, I really enjoyed decorating those. XD Yeah sure, we have those underground bases in D/P, but do I really want to go underground every time I want to go to my secret base? No! In R/S/E I used to have base next to Lilycove city. I had my base at Route 120, near the lake. I always enjoyed visiting that route. One of the best routes ever in a game by my standards.

Another thing, mixing records with friends. I loved that fan club that always rooted for your friends sometimes and kinda like fueled you to do well. XD Good times. And finally, as others have said. Re-battling the gyms. Oy, the PokéNav was a fun addition back then.

So yeah, those are just a couple of the features I really miss. =/

Back