• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What gender is Ash's Pikachu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    Male

With my personal experiences... I'd say Pikachu is male. Couldn't explain why, I just think of that when watching the anime.

Years
  • In explanation, it has been confirmed Pikachu is a male because Jessie's Yanmega was explicitly claimed to be a girl because it wasn't affected by a Togepi's attract in a certain episode, while Pikachu was infatuated. This confirms Pikachu as male.

I would prefer this Theory. I believe that Pikachu is a male not a female. Well, I respect the belief of other people if they respect mine too.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ummm.. lol
    I guess I should have worded that better. I don't want to continue this argument any further, just want to clarify what I actually meant.- Male Pokemon wouldn't want to speak in a female voice, like you said that you can speak in a female accent.
    No.
    No? xDThat shows how much you knowxD
    Sorry, I didn't really consider this an argument but yeah, ive made my point, so have you! :3

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
  • Since Pikachu is male, that also means that in the episode "Hold the Phione!" that Buneary is female and Phione that the Buneary fell in love with is male.

Just an observation...you know how much Buneary likes Pikachu! :)

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    pikachu is male. When a female togepi used charm he was affected. rememmber. O forgot what show though. The one where togepi trapped them.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    pikachu is male. When a female togepi used charm he was affected. rememmber. O forgot what show though. The one where togepi trapped them.
    That has to be Episode 610- Where No Togepi Has Gone Before.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • Considering all the evidence that the anime has given us, I think we can conclude that Pikachu is probably a male. Note that to my knowledge, the anime hasn't specifically said that Pikachu is a male, only clues towards that conlcusion; so I guess some people can still argue that Pikachu is a female. However, all the evidence shows otherwise.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Considering all the evidence that the anime has given us, I think we can conclude that Pikachu is probably a male. Note that to my knowledge, the anime hasn't specifically said that Pikachu is a male, only clues towards that conlcusion; so I guess some people can still argue that Pikachu is a female. However, all the evidence shows otherwise.

no I think we are 100% sure Pikachu is a male. There is no evidence that shows Pikachu is a female. We are certain now because of BW 7.

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
  • The two signs of him being male that I've seen are that in DP Dawns Buneary liked him and it was female and in Best Wishes they determined Tsutaja was female because attract worked on Pikachu

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • Dawn's Buneary.
    That Togepi. From where No Togepi has Gone Before.
    Ash's Tsutarja.
    Those are the 3 Pokemon that have shown Pikachu is male.
    Seriously, why would anyone think Pikachu is female? Pikachu's entire demeanor just screams boy and you'd seriously have to be slow or something if you can't get that.

That's like saying his Charizard is female, when you can tell just how it acts, that its a boy. It falls in love with Charla, yet no one is wondering if Ash's Charizard is female. Squirtle and Bulbasaur, two more examples and all obviously male, you can just tell because of how they act. Now, out of all Ash's Pokemon, Pikachu is the one everybody and their grandma can't seem to figure out, yet its so painstakingly obvious it hurts. Regardless of the gender additions that appeared during Sinnoh. You'd really have to be blind or something to not know Pikachu was a boy let alone just assume he was, due to the way he acted.
    So he cross dresses a couple of times and the entire world is going crazy cause they can't figure out the gender of the rat. Ash does too and its played for laughs. Pokemon probably look good in anything anyway. Fact of the matter is, Pikachu is entirely male. :/

latios123

I like the sky above all!
    Years
  • its proven pikachu is male; in B/W episode 7 ash fought a female tsutarja with attract and it affected pikachu

Years
  • B/W episode 7 hasn't been shown yet in English so that is a spoiler. Dawn's Buneary and the evil Togepi are two prime examples of confirming Pikachu's gender but is more prominent in the Togepi episode.

latios123

I like the sky above all!
    Years
  • but i did read on serebii or something that tsutarja was female and it used attract on pikachu but im not sure where i read it

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    but i did read on serebii or something that tsutarja was female and it used attract on pikachu but im not sure where i read it
    That is very true, but if you noticed throughout this entire thread, this is exactly what Mew~ and I were debating on. ._.;

But anyway we have it settled, Pikachu is male.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back