• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] What happened to Pokemon Fusion Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Try Google.

I don't see any need to keep this thread open.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Nintendo Shuts Down Pokemon Fusion Generation

Yes, I've been compelled to poke my head out of my hidey-hole once again, for a good reason. For the person who asked earlier what happened to it, this is why.

I tried to go onto the PFG blog page, to check on the progress of PFG2, but it had disappeared, and the Tumblr vanished into thin air. So, naturally, I went Googlin', fearing the worst....and I was right; the Wiki unceremoniously stated that Nintendo pulled a disturbing act of overreach & stupidly decided that this was yet another fangame that would somehow cost em money - despite how everybody here knows damn well that that's a pile of Bouffalant turds.

I ABSOLUTELY FRICKING HATE IT when someone puts so much work into a great fangame that will IN NO WAY COST THE ORIGINAL GAMES' CREATORS ANY MONEY WHATSOEVER.

I wanted to post a discussion thread about this game some time ago, but due to the way the rules work around here, it didn't sound like I could, sadly; THIS IS NOT HOW I WANTED TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS GAME!!!!!!!

Ahem, now that I've released most of my rage about this, I'm now trying to think of how to get Nintendo to somehow reverse this decision, because this is getting ridiculous. I've seen this happen quite a few times with various fangames, but this is the first time it's happened to one that I've grown attached to. Anyone have any ideas? Because you guys DO realize that this can now VERY EASILY happen to YOU, and I've been around this community long enough to know that this affects a very large number of people here, if Nintendo decides to start going trigger-happy on every fangame within sight range. Yes, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO AN ENTIRE SECTION OF THIS SITE, AND SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back