• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Happens When you die?

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
Years
Well i'm not a cristian but i'm not against it or anything.

I am interested & i kinda belive in when you die , you are born again as a different creature and so you die , and then are born again as a animal. I really like that idea and i belive in it. Either that or i belive in that when you die you leave your body as if your spirit. There have been alot of near death encounters when people see themselves from above their body ect. as if leaving it. Some scientist are very interested in that.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
~*Silent Tattsu*~ said:
Well i'm not a cristian but i'm not against it or anything.

I am interested & i kinda belive in when you die , you are born again as a different creature and so you die , and then are born again as a animal. I really like that idea and i belive in it. Either that or i belive in that when you die you leave your body as if your spirit. There have been alot of near death encounters when people see themselves from above their body ect. as if leaving it. Some scientist are very interested in that.
I feel the same way about death (it's a bit morbid, but ohwell). There has been so many cases of out-of-body experiences that I've seen people say on television. So, I believe in the theory of Heaven and H*ll. Some people see orbs that were taken for spirits and lights before they die; even Jesus or Satan appears to see them and things like that. I'm Roman Catholic so nobody has to be influenced by my theory at all, I'm just stating my point of view. It's very interesting, but it just gets so creepy to me if I talk about it for too long so I'm gonna stop now, lol...

Kenta-kun

死神
Years
Pokemaster10000 said:
Where's heaven or "you know what" anyway. Is it in a different dimension or something?

Kinda. They're very abstract places. H*ll isn't "fire & damnation", either. Basically, Satan is an angel who was once the right hand man of God, but thought he was better, so he went out to create his own "Heaven". Heaven is eternal happiness, for all of man. H*ll would probably lean more towards pleasing each individual inhabitant, because Satan would want as many followers as possible. But, all of that's obsolete; h*ll is a place lacking of God, and without God, what's the point in living (or w/e)? The whole firey pit thing comes from what will happen to Satan and all his followers after the return of Christ.

Anyways, as a short answer, Heaven is wher God resides, & H*ll is where Satan is. It could very well be in another dimension.

Yup, more and more people stop believing in every generation

I think this is sad, really. All you have to do is believe that Christ was the Son of God, and that He really is coming back. But so many people choose not to believe

Years
Kenta-kun said:
Kinda. They're very abstract places. H*ll isn't "fire & damnation", either. Basically, Satan is an angel who was once the right hand man of God, but thought he was better, so he went out to create his own "Heaven". Heaven is eternal happiness, for all of man. H*ll would probably lean more towards pleasing each individual inhabitant, because Satan would want as many followers as possible. But, all of that's obsolete; h*ll is a place lacking of God, and without God, what's the point in living (or w/e)? The whole firey pit thing comes from what will happen to Satan and all his followers after the return of Christ.

Anyways, as a short answer, Heaven is wher God resides, & H*ll is where Satan is. It could very well be in another dimension.

I think this is sad, really. All you have to do is believe that Christ was the Son of God, and that He really is coming back. But so many people choose not to believe
That's like telling me to believe that my computer is gay which it isn't.

Kenta-kun

死神
Years
latiosspud said:
That's like telling me to believe that my computer is gay which it isn't.

yeah...see...it's not. How is this like me telling u your computer's gay? I'm not telling u to believe anything. I'm stating what's written in the Bible. It's your choice to believe it or not

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2006
Dohh, stop the fuss. I'll experiment. *suicide*
Hey, how coming I'm falling. Oh no, could it be?
Nooo. *tries flapping his arms and flies* And they say humans can't fly. :P
But how am I suppose to get back to my body.

Mac2492

Friendly Pokemon Master
Years
If you're not a Christian, your Christian friends will tell you, "God will forgive you for your actions, just have faith in Him and fear him." Really! It says that in my school!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Miyu-chan said:
Well, I asked my mom this question, and she thinks that God saves you, regard-less of beliving in Christ or not. =/ I think that if you're good, you go to Heaven.
Mmmhmm lol I don't quite understand what your mother said. ^^' As Christians, to be saved one must believe and accept that Christ had paid the price for man's sins on the cross, and secondly be baptized. You know you are baptized if you really don't like to sin. No Christian is completely holy of course and they can't.

DragonTrainer, right, our generation is more corrupt then the last.

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
Years
Hey Everyone, for those who don't know (or don't remember/know me) I rejoined Pc!

To keep this on topic, in calvin and hobbes, hobbes thinks that you go to pittsburg...*people give stink eye*@_-
HEY IT'S A VALID THEORY!

Kenta-kun

死神
Years
22sa said:
Mmmhmm lol I don't quite understand what your mother said. ^^' As Christians, to be saved one must believe and accept that Christ had paid the price for man's sins on the cross, and secondly be baptized. You know you are baptized if you really don't like to sin. No Christian is completely holy of course and they can't.

DragonTrainer, right, our generation is more corrupt then the last.

You don't have to be baptized (at least, I don't think so). You just have to believe that Christ was the Son of God, believe that he died for us, & believe that he rose. Not at all hard, really

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Kenta-kun said:
You don't have to be baptized (at least, I don't think so). You just have to believe that Christ was the Son of God, believe that he died for us, & believe that he rose. Not at all hard, really
I'm pretty sure you have to be baptized, it is commanded. The point of Baptism is to be "reborn" as a children of Christ. One doesn't have to be physically reborn (although it's commanded) but he/she has to be spiritually reborn by seriously repenting for his/her sins and asking the Holy Ghost to come in.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
i'm a christian, but i don't exactly beleive that you have to beleive in jesus to go to heaven. i think that basicly anybody who isn't a really bad person and has some faith in god goes to heaven. the criminal crucified next to jesus got to go to heaven, and he only knew jesus for 6 hours on the cross. and this was one bad man (he was being crucified for a reason) but, just because he asked jesus to remember him, jesus gave him the kingdom of god. that shows that if you have a little bit of faith, that you're pretty much all set. at least, i hope so... even though i do want to become a pastor... so i have more than a little faith, but i like the idea of everybody i know going to heaven.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
I know this topic is sort of old and was revived against the rules, but I'm going to reply anyway to the post above mine...

Isn't the point of being a Christian the fact that you believe in Jesus and that he was the Son of God? Saying that you can be a Christian but not believe in Jesus to go to heaven is contradictory. The man on the cross next to Jesus accepted that Jesus was the Son of God, and since Jesus knew in that man's heart that he truly believed, he said to him "Today you will be with me in paradise." Yes, the man was a sinner for whatever he did to be deserving of crucifiction, but aren't we all sinners? Even the most vile criminal has it within them to see the truth. It matters not how long you've known Jesus, the point is if you've pledged your life to Him through baptism and continue to live a Christian life from then on, it matters not how long you live after that...salvation is salvation, it's not time-activated.

I suppose you all can guess by now that I'm a Christian, and believe in the Biblical heaven and h?ll. I believe that one can only get there by following the process of salvation in the Bible. I don't add any extra rules like some of you do (which I don't understand, because the laws in the Bible are non-negotiable)...I just take things as they are...

I just wanted to get my say in before this topic gets closed :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
the bible is a good resource, but it does contradict itself in some places, and i don't like the idea that everybody who isn't christian is dammed. that idea isn't really christian, we beleive in grace as christians don't we? and if you beleive in god then, that should be enough. god loves us, and wants us to go to heaven, so i beleive that he isn't too strict. but, just in case... it's best to repent and try to live your life as the bible requires, so i work at that.

Kenta-kun

死神
Years
The fact is, the Bible canot be taken literally. What it is is a mixture of God's word & the customs of that day (which is why you can'y say homosexuality is wrong). It is a flexible book; indeed, it has been changed much to fit today's customs. Let's say, hypothetically, that homosexuality becomes generally accepted in the future, & the bible is then printed to exclude the anti-homosexual themes. That wouldn't change the religion, we'de still be Christians as the PRINCIPLES remain the same (just as an iquiry, you're Catholic, aren't you?).
And sorry to tell ya rsgh5, but all non-christians ARE going to ****. All you have to do is believe that Jesus was the Son of God. If you believe in God already, is that really so hard (unless you're Jewish, in which case your religion doesn't believe the Messiah has come yet).

And just so you guys can't flame me, I meant nothing offensive when i mentioned Judaiism & Catholicism in this post

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
As a confirmed Roman Catholic, I've been taught that there is Heaven, ****, and Purgatory

If you were totally free of sin when you die, yu go to Heaven, a place of eternal happiness.
If you lived an un-Christian life and were full of sin, you went to ****, a place of eternal torture.
If you were genuinely good and had a few sins here or there when you die, you go to Purgatory, a place of torture comprable to ****'s, but only enough to "pay off your debts" so to speak.

Not to impose my faith onto y'all, but as a Catholic I believe in the Sacriment of Reconciliation. I can talk to a priest about my sins and he will tell me what I can do to erase them completely and regain God's mercy.

Kenta-kun

死神
Years
I don't mean to impose on u by saying this, but didn't Christ dying erase all sins anyways? What the Bible says is that you have to genuinly believe in God, & believe that Christ was his son, to go to Heaven. It doesn't matter how many sins you commited, because Jesus erased that. Priests do not have the power to erase sins, they aren't God. Purgatory is against the Bible altogether; it's a Jewish thing, so far as I know (I remember asking my Roman Catholic grandpa about it, & he said it was Jewish...he knows a lot about eligion, he's really into it). By the way, i'm Anglican

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
i'm not catholic. i'm lutheran (protestant), and i don't know how you can say that jews are dammed, they're pretty much the same as us, and most of them are raised jewish, and how can that yield eternal suffering? it just doesn't make sense, i beleive in jesus, i love jesus, but i think we need to understand that other people not don't understand our views, and.... really it's the same god, and our god is a merciful god.

Kenta-kun

死神
Years
Indeed He is. And for all we know, they could be right. But how can you reach Heaven with sins? It is nearly impossible not to sin, which was the reason for Christ. But the thing is, not believing in Christ is like not believing in God. Jesus WAS God, in a human form. Denying that is like denying God Himself

Back