• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Harvest Moon version do you play?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I used to have a bunch of HM roms for GB but I can't remember them. I've played HM64, FoMT, and AWL.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I actually started to like Harvest Moon after I rented 64 one time. ^_^; So far, it's my favorite version! I have STH, GB3, and I've played AWL, but for some reason I still prefer the old version. There's just something about it that makes me like it more than the others. I love the characters on it, the town, the events, and everything else!

I'd love to play BTN, since it's supposedly a lot like 64, and I plan to whenever I find it. I may have to order it online, but oh well, lol.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    BTN is by far the best version. Cooking in implemented well in it, it has some goals, yet remains very open ended, has the best town and residents IMO, it's just…really their finest IMO. o_o;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Yeah, BTN does look a bit better than Harvest Moon 64, but I guess that I really can't say that until I've played it. ^_^;

The only thing that would bug me is that the characters are all different, like Popuri for example. I'm so used to her living at the flower shop, and having Lilia and Basil as parents! I couldn't imagine her working at a poultry farm. O_o She's more of a flower person to me--Just look at her hair! It's so lovely, and she doesn't look like she would be related to Rick. And she's supposed to marry Grey! *runs around in circles until she gets dizzy*

And... To me, it looks better when you view the character from above, like on 64 and BTN, and it shows a picture instead of showing the characters up close without a picture, like on STH. That's just my opinion.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You get used to it. ^^; I do love the hair though, I usually marry her, and I married Nami in AWL. If you can't find BTN though, the GBA HM is pretty much the same game, but with some better features. So you might wanna get it! Having it on a Gameboy can be kinda fun too, since you can take it anywhere.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    My first Harvest Moon game was for N64, I borrowed my friends game, then I bought it on my own. Then I got the PS1 version Back to Nature. I like the graphics for the PS1 version better, but it takes longer to load which is a drawback. I also played the PS2 version, Save the Homelands. The graphics were awesome, but the storyline wasn't that good...I'm hoping "A Wonderful Life" will be better. But I still didn't purchase that yet. :X I still have to complete Back to Nature. And fer choosing couples, I always get the easiest person.

I want to play the girl version, haven't found a copy of it yet though.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    hm64 is the most fun, but i play mineral town more because it's portable.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 7, 2005
    The only one I have ever played is A wonderful life, and I think its great. Blitz thinks that the best part about the game is you can get ducks, but we all know better than that. I just have a hard time getting all the girls cutscenes. BTW, is friends of mineral town any good?

Back