• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What HG/SS gym leader do you HATE!

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Morty, took me over 9 tries when i finally got a critical on his Gengar. Happiest. Day. Of. My. Life.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I beat Whitney on the first try (mostly with a Gastly actually) but it was Morty that gave me grief.

If we're asking overall though....I hate those Kimono Girls, they were so hard...evil creatures! D:

WilowWisp

Lurking in the shadows.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    I absolutely hate Whitney. You have no idea how hard it was to beat her! It took forever, but finally got it done.

Strout

is a battle mage
    Years
  • I HATE Whitney. At the time I battled her I only had a Quilava and a Natu. My Natu's only attack was Night Shade :/ Big help that was. But I got a TM for Aerial Ace and he evolved into Xatu, so the second time we battled her, he was an extraordinary help.

Battle wise, I also find Morty difficult. I usually don't have any super effective moves against him. But, as stated earlier, when I get there I'll have a Pyschic TM on my Xatu and I think that gym will breeze by pretty easily.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I can't help but be amused that when the gym leader levels were released a lot of people were all 'WHY IS WHITNEY SLIGHTLY WEAKER EVERYTHING SUCKS NOW SHE WILL BE TOO EASY'. Clearly not the case for a lot of people in HGSS, heh.

I haven't had a gym leader that is consistently too hard for me, but some have been annoying to beat due to hax or me doing a monotype challenge. Bugsy in particular with U-turn Scyther is NOT FUN when you only use grass-types. =p Brawly at times liked to use Double Team Hax and I always found Surge to be annoying if I didn't have a ground type/EQ user for that same reason...

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • Whitney and Clair
    One is a crybaby, the other is a sore loser.
    Plus I spent so much time to KO that Miltank. With Clair her kingdra was faster then my Dragonair, which my entire tactc for that battle was based around. I wasted all of my max reveives on her

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • Whitney hasn't really concerned me this generation. I remember hating her in my Crystal days. I don't know whether that Miltank's moveset has changed in the meantime or my battle style, but she's definitely less difficult.

Right now though, Chuck is an irritation. Trying to take his Primeape down with a Flying type is nearly impossible. He forces you to depend on inflicting status conditions.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Whitney. I could go on forever and ever about her.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    As everyone else has stated, Whitney always gives me a bit of trouble... her Miltank is simply annoying with the combination of moves it gives... and milk drink - ugh.

Other than that, the only gym leader who gives me pain is Jasmine. I know all her pokemon are steel type, but my Typhlosion usually can't take the earthquake from Steelix very well. @_@

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Pryce is annoying because of that. D: I learned to hypnosis/dream eater that stupid Dewgong with my Haunter before he could do anything to me, lol.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • Whitney and Clair.
    I found Whitney difficult (I dislike that Miltank) and the way Clair responds to the player defeating her seemed pretty petty, that and her Pokémon kept beating me the first time around. xD

Silmeria

Years
  • Whitney. Rollout spam I can tolerate, but Milk Drink? That was a very horrible surprise.

I've never been keen on Bugsy, either. Just because I thought he was a girl for quite a long time.

Back