• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if Pikachu's Name Had Been Changed by 4Kids?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2009
    Alana said:
    Main character being called Elecram. I think it might have made a difference. Besides, it's obvious to me you really don't care so why are you posting? Yeah, I am feeling rather cold to you at the moment.

WTF. 4Kids didn't change Gonbe's name, and there's no way in hell they'd have been able to change Pikachu's.

I'm guessing that was you?

Edit: Thanks to whoever gave me the good rep in return. ^_^

1) I'm replying because it's a thread, and a stupid one. From my experience on other boards, I feel obliged to post in stupid threads and rip n00bs new ones.

2) Awww, you got pity rep. How adorable.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: So I'm a n00b eh? You need to use your eyes sweety. I've been on PC for over a year which means I'm anything but a n00b. Now to respond,

1) If there is a thread you consider to be stupid you need to shut up and and not post.

2) Uh that made no sense. Try refrasing it in english and post again.

3) Quit posting because you're making an *** of yourself. Pardon my French.

Anyway, back on topic. Yes I know we wouldn't think any different if Pikachu had popped out of his Pokeball in the first episode and said, "Ele." Odd at first then we get used to it and accept the name. I'm curious, what do you think his name would have been changed to?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Ketsuban evne though you don't like the thread it gives you no reason to go bad rep others and what's so noobish about this thread anyway? Feel free to bad rep me for telling you that you have a real attitude problem, but unfortunately your rep and post count are both so low it won't affect me much.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I think Pikachu name may have been something like...

Electmou

OR

Shockse

OR

I out of names. But they by some what strange compare to pikachu. I think they change Charmander's japanese name with ammericanize it. Right?

Off topic: Please don't bad rep anybody because of a thred they started. YOu can bad rep them if they put something bad AND off topic or have nothing to do with the topic on purpose.

Years
    I wouldn't have cared if they did. Pikachu has become really annoying to me over the years. He takes down pokemon like Dragonite, and then when they enter a new region he can't even beat a stage 1 pokemon. That has nothing to do with the name though XD. I wonder what he list was for new names.

Greta

♡C u t e n e s s♡
    Years
    I'd prefer him to have the same name he has now..it'd be weird for me if he had another one.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    Bobby said:
    I wouldn't have cared if they did. Pikachu has become really annoying to me over the years. He takes down pokemon like Dragonite, and then when they enter a new region he can't even beat a stage 1 pokemon. That has nothing to do with the name though XD. I wonder what he list was for new names.
    Yeah. God... It's been with Satoshi for at least three years, and it loses more in Houen than it did in Sieki.

Anyway, if they had changed its name. Since "Pika" is Japanese for "Thunder", and "Chuu" (-u) means "Mouse", my guess would be something lame like "Thundermouse", or "Electrorat". "Pathetic".

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    I know that events in the episodes make little sense. Considering how many battles it's been in and how long it's been with Ash, it should be able to take down the Elite Four or at least some of their Pokemon. Thundermouse and Electrorat. I wouldn't be surprised. But seeing as it's the main Pokemon NoA would probably try to make the name a little more creative.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Changing pikachus name would have been creapy.... I don't want to think about it.... Electrorat... that would be dum. i'm glad they left Pikachu alone.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    evie1993 said:
    hfjighjigjifghifjgifjguiofgjifjgifgif
    I haven't seen a post like that in ages.
    PC Rules said:
    No spamming. SPAM over the internet is considered illegal. SPAM classifies as posts that have no content, or have no relevance to the topic they are posted in.
    evie1993 that post was 110% spam. Check out the Rules of PC before posting.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30592

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    How did this thread end up attracting so much spam? >_>

I've always wondered why they never changed Pikachu's name. They do that for some of the pokemon, do they not? I believe Chikorita and it's evolutions are good examples. I mean, what kid knows the meaning behind Chikorita? O.O I don't think they would have mixed "rat" with Pikachu's name because Pikachu is not a rat. It's a mouse (not to mention, oddly enough there is a rabbit-mouse-like animal called a "Pika" as well). So, I think... *thinks* um okay fine, so I stink at coming up with stuff... T_T Maybe Raichu would be called Rayrat! X_X Alright, so I'm just kidding, that's a lame name.

Years
    Actually, "Chuu" is the noise a mouse makes, much like "Nyaa" is the noice a cat makes, so Nyarth became Meowth. Since mice Squeak, having squeak in the name would be the most literal. Thus I still say Sparksqeek.

Back