• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if Pokemon were real?

Flashmeteor

Awkward silences are the best.
Years
  • Ah how I've thought about this! So many times..daydreaming.... I'd like to think that I'd have a Vulpix and just take care of that the rest of my life. So while everyone is off losing money battling, I'll be going to college and getting a real job. xD

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Absolute murder, chaos, and self-destruction.

BUT, if everyone was all nice and official with Pokemon like Nintendo does it, then I'd probably develop way more of a relationship with all of them instead of catching most of them for the Pokedex of breeding purposes.
    Just saying. It'd be pretty neat that way, too.

History would change radically, as well.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    There would be a war because people would all want to catch the legendaries... you know, like in Naruto... there's a war because Madara wanna get the nine tail fox.
    It would be awesome by the way, I mean, living in a world with pokemons. :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Train my Pokemon, take on the gyms of each region, then the leagues, and after beating them take over the world and wreak havoc among everything that gets in my way. Simple, but efficient.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • I think people are seriously over rating the power of pokemon, they wouldn't pose much of a threat to mankind except for the legendarys, and #1 they don't seem to bother anybody, and #2 they would be too powerful for anyone to capture, now I don't know how pokemon vulnerability would work in the real world but if they work like animals elephant gun > Charizard. also more conventional weapons like planes and bombs are more destructive and efficient than pokemon by far. If pokemon existed in our world, they would just be deadlier animals, and man kind would still dominate the planet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    I would totally love that! And since I'M in control instead of having to watch Ash screw up, I won't make idiot mistakes like him, such as not evolving his Pikachu when he could. lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • i would go on adventures and school will be gone and i will become the pokemon blablabla... and catch blablabla... and travel around the world and blablablablabla..... and die and blablabla.... and blablablabla!!

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I would have a pet Arbok named Lucifer, and we'd go off, with Gardevior and create mayhem...
    Or I'd just battle gym leaders. I really don't know. :P
    Organized Chaos is just fun.

Years
  • The world would be one scary place if it even barely resonates with ours. If its like the pokemon world in the game then I would be so down to leave home at the age of 10 to go on a journey. Another thing, pokemon in real life would for the most part be scary themselves. Can you imagine going into a cave full of Zubats -- no thanks.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    The human race would be driven to extinction. Just read pokedex entries and let 'em sink in for a moment.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    Check out a YouTube vid called trainers and masters. Good example of real life pokemon

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I would also go on a journey. Who cares about school when you can become champion --> gym leader --> elite four trainer, and get payed that way while having fun with pokemon....

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    It would be awesome. I'd rather live in the anime though. Live seems so perfect on that show.

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
    Years
  • If pokémon were real and we had the means to catch them, our world would be in a complete state of warfare. There is enough war and terrorism in the world as it is, imagine how much more that would increase if terrorists and military forces had access to pokémon and their abilities?

But if the world was at peace I think pokémon would be a great species to interact with. :)

Years
  • But you're forgetting something(but this might not count for much); with extremely dangerous Pokemon around, You would probably be justified if you needed a gun to protect yourself. That alone would change a whole lot of things.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If Pokemon were real, I'd still probably go to college and all that. Going on a journey with Pokemon wouldn't be a possibility unless I did it by car... no way would I be able to do all that walking. And there would have to be in place a system of major-name hotels and restaurants, because the whole "camping on Route 3 under the stars" ain't happening with me.

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
    Years
  • If Pokémon were real, the world would erupt in chaos. All the Pokémon would start attacking each other, there would be no way to tame them without Poké Balls, we would have no other choice but to defend ourselves with weapons, and we would all die because the legendaries would use our environment to kill us (for example, Kyogre flooding us with the oceans).

Back