• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What impact will the Sun/Moon games have on the anime?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Sorry, I am no expert on either of those merchandises, but wasn't Resident Evil 5 last main RE game? But I am not much of a gamer, to be honest, and besides Pokémon, there were only few games I played and most of those were racing games or games to kill time, like Tetris or Pinball on my smartphone :3c So I honestly don't know much about the things you mentioned.

Nope, we've also got after that Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil 6, and the two Revelations games, ad 6 in particular took place after 5 chronologically. I can also cite Dead or Alive, more specifically Kasumi. She essentially was the mascot of DOA, yet DOAX3 has newcomers Honoka and Marie Rose gracing the covers.

I am giving you that Rudy and Georgio parts, though it may be just Misty not being ready for relationship. But I don't really get how the others (including "he is my burden" line from movie 2) are any Shipping moments. But to be honest, me being Palletshipper and Orangeshipper probably plays a role here, so sorry if I am overlooking some moments. But honestly, I am only mentioning it here since you told Misty had bigger attachment on Ash than Serena has, which I honestly don't think is true.

Hey, I'm just going by what I've heard. Personally, I don't bother with Pokeshipping, or ANY shipping that doesn't deal with Love at First Sight or both parties indicating in any way that they actually have feelings for each others. And actually, what I was trying to communicate was that both Misty AND Ash actually had moments where they had feelings for the other (I know with Ash, he's shown emotions that can be compared to jealousy regarding Fiorella Cappucino, Rudy, and Georgio, and with Misty, even Japanese magazines for the film made clear that she felt jealous of Melody's affection to Ash.), while with Serena, it's literally only her who felt ANYTHING for Ash at all, as Ash is too oblivious about it to even recognize it, let alone return it.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Hey everyone, please remember to stay on topic. I understand that people can easily lose track of the topic, but please refer to a new thread if you wish to discuss topics other than the impact of Sun and Moon.

Years
  • Serena Mega-Evolves into a new region. Ash finally learns to understand her feelings. He still gets attracted to Valerie, though.

More seriously, its taking place in the middle of this arc might imply that it might be easier for them to just carry on these characters to the next region, and some new Pokemon might show up from time to time. Perhaps there'll be some early intimations of such a place. You suspect they figure there wouldn't be enough interest to make a League win that exciting, though, so they're probably not going for that yet. If they did it mght be bathetic. Still, the focus isn't on the anime as much at the moment, it seems, and we'll have to see how that turns out when it goes forwards.

The thing to expect is that Serena, Clemont and Bonnie will leave Ash (which I think will be a heavily emotional finale given the chemistry they had with Ash)
    To be fair, if a new region is already revealed, and amidst the anticipation for it, by the time that occurs it might not actually come across as that dramatic to viewers or the people making it. Clemont also probably had more chemistry of the physical kind with the others, in a sense, so that side of things might not be that dramatic, those two have mostly remained somewhat isolated from the others. Recall that usually only Ash and the girl get independent progressions in cases like these.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • You know I've been thinking, if Sun and Moon happen to take place in Southern Kalos as speculated/rumored to be, then that means we're stuck with short-haired Serena for another 3-4 years. >_>

On the bright side, it would also mean that Clement and Bonnie will also stick around for a little longer. I mean, there has to be a reason why that twitter image I linked was blurred up except for Ash and Serena, because one of the new Pokémon from S&M may become part of the cast.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'm very conflicted as to how I hope the new games impact the anime. On one hand, I would love for some continuity of the companions and have Serena, Bonnie and Clemont all stick with Ash into the next area. On the other hand, it would be great if they decide to go in a new direction and start fresh with a new main protagonist and Ash in a supporting role of sorts, making cameos every once in awhile. I'm leaning towards the former as to being the most likely to happen and what I personally want to see just a little bit more than the latter.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • From my side... Pokemon SUN and MOON going to implement new ideas and great things to the Pokemon World. But Few things is going to be for me unexplanied.

1. Why they create Zygarde Formes when it was currently unusable in the games. And what they want do with them in Pokemon Sun and Moon.
    2. VOlcanion and Magerna? It was possible that this two pokemons can be met in the new region?
    3. What if Kalos region going to have dex expansion? I mean two generations in one league.
    4. Azoth Kingdoom... It was do not resamblence to you with United Kingdoom? So... Meybe we can travel to Kalos in new games.
    5. Blue and Red Hexagon versions of Zygarde Core. What that mean? My theory occurs that when we met in Kalos red one. In new region can live blue one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Pokemon Sun & Moon has biggest impact on Ash's League conference.
    Will Ash win the Kalos League or lose it for a new regional league ?
    I don't think Anyone likes the idea of Ash losing the league when someone like Alain gets to beat an E4 member just by becoming a jerk.
    Its basically saying that Alain was right about dumping Manon and Ash doesn't win the league because he always have friends that holds him back.
    But , Ash might win the League depending on Pokemon Sun & Moon's feature.
    Considering the trailer said "2o year of Pokemon and thats coming together in Pokemon Sun & Moon"
    It made me wonder that GF might tries to put all the feature of various pokemon game in Pokemon Sun & Moon.
    Which mean , There are possibility of Pokemon World Tournament , Pokemon Contest , Battle frontier and various other feature coming back in Pokemon Sun & Moon.
    Battle Frontier is pretty much confirmed in Pokemon Sun & Moon thanks to the Backpacker in XY game
    So Ash might goes to New region to compete in Pokemon world Tournament.In that case, Ash might just win Kalos league.
    Honestly , I think Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime should start with a New concept where Ash , May and 6 other protagonist of Game come together as Chosen one to save the world.
    Just like PokeSpe manga which is about Pokedex holder saving the world from Evil team.
    It much better then following the old concept of Ash going to another region to lose another league .

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • I also think that sun and moon take place in south kalos so I'm thinking Ash and Serena Go there im not sure about Bonnie and Clemont though. I also expect no post league filler I'm guessing XYZ ends at the pokemon league with Sun and moon Episode 1 being one or two episodes after that concludes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I also think that sun and moon take place in south kalos so I'm thinking Ash and Serena Go there im not sure about Bonnie and Clemont though. I also expect no post league filler I'm guessing XYZ ends at the pokemon league with Sun and moon Episode 1 being one or two episodes after that concludes.

Not likely Serena will be going. If BW didn't have Iris go to Kalos after the end of Unova despite the show being advertised as a massive fresh start, XY most certainly won't have Serena go for the Sun and Moon region.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I also think that sun and moon take place in south kalos so I'm thinking Ash and Serena Go there im not sure about Bonnie and Clemont though. I also expect no post league filler I'm guessing XYZ ends at the pokemon league with Sun and moon Episode 1 being one or two episodes after that concludes.

Tripokalon reaching its climax this month.
    Pokemon Sun & Moon probably won't come out until December ! I don't even know what Serena going to do until then so forget about what she's going to do in the new region.
    She better not quit because it will make her entire "Hair Cutting " pointless.
    Honestly , I rather prefer if Serena doesn't goes to new region ! She has nothing special except her crush on Ash and Pokemon Showcase is extremely boring.
    Writers should bring back Dawn/May for Contest or Create a New girl who has a Job rather then a Goal.
    Suppose , What if The New Girl is someone serious , Cold and intelligent who being chased by the Evil Team for her knowledge or Connection with Legendary pokemon until she join Ash who protects her and help her uncover the mystery of legendary pokemon ?
    At least , This would be something new !

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Personally as far as speculation of how will new games impact pokemon series go. Given how were approaching 20 years of pokemon franchise existence and according to Junichi Masuda "new games will tie everything together in unique way".

Whatever that ambiguous statement could mean.

I am hoping how we wont be seeing yet again complete revamp with Ash dumping everyone and getting another set of new companions. Who will become wasted potential replaced after 3 to 4 years never to be heard from again.

Such approach only defeats point of what this show is supposed to be about. And that is friendship, consistent adventure which is supposed to evolve and build on itself and presence of strong continuity. Which only lose every point if complete sweeps are done all the time.

Perhaps in align with 20 year anniversary and alleged surprises new games will bring on table perhaps status quo finally gets break with either one of Ash current traveling friends continuing with him on next adventure. Be it Clemont, Bonnier or Serena.

Or we see one of Ash friends from past returning to anime becoming significant to storyline again.

Because looking back why not for change keep one of current traveling companions and bring one of olders back receiving sequel to its own story? Many of ex main characters have unfinished things worth to expand upon.
    Taking advantage of history and friendship which there exists between Ash and older companion bringing more stable continuity based story. Following tougher, experienced and with basics covered traveling companion who is ready to step up and go on bigger, more challenging growth, introspection of his own feelings and emotions, more engaging battles and more complex storyline.

And since Sun and Moon games from looks of it will be based on Hawaii taking place in tropical environment provides stable and solid groundwork on which lot of water themes could be explored creating entirely new and original quest around it. Provide required logistic support to feature often neglected aquatic species which cant maneuver that much on land and deliver new ways of utilizing pokemon in battles and ways of developing character.

With water as type having so much diversity, mystery and options to work with. Especially in becoming type which has been paired with any other pokemon type out there(including fire) representing element which is essential for life(water). Thus offering material for eventful and gratifying story arc.

So for that reason I cannot help but think how Misty being involved with such region would make lot of sense. Because admittedly I would welcome see her rejoin Ash for adventure through such region. Just think about all possibilities and novelties through which her story could be pushed forward. In making more substantial progress in becoming water pokemon master and one day E4 member living up to her idol Lorelei?

We could see her learning how to understand better pokemon feelings understanding their true nature like manga did with Suicune who choose her as partner leading to possible mega evolution of her Gyarados, find out about Misty parents, why she fears bugs, understanding how to be more authoritative and understanding toward Psyduck training it to become usable battler etc; so much potential to do more with her character ).

Have Misty demonstrate how much she learned at gym utilizing acquired skills in different activities. Such as water sports, tournaments in facing seasoned type experts, under water battles(which never disappoint being amazing like one Misty had vs Molly in third movie) which could be turned in chain of competitions serving as follow up from what Whirl Cup established about legend of water masters. Etc, etc.

Not to mention after not seeing Ash for so long it would be interesting in least hand to see how they would react about each other. Retelling on past adventures, revive that lighthearted banter and teasing, spirited nature and lot of humor and lively dynamic between them.

Enjoying and missing her rather wide palette of emotions and strong presence being worth to see how she could affect anime nowadays if new plots are present behind her with point of pushing her in reaching new heights as trainer.

Perhaps best solution lies in killing 2 birds with one stone. In both keeping Serena for next generation doing new things with purpose of making character reach new depths and bringing Misty back. Something many fans hoped for. Having for change two more experienced and older girls in main cast ccreating surface for entertaining, vivacious and meaningful dynamic. Since Serena would be meeting one of Ash older friends learning more about his past and form conditions under which both girls would work for becoming good friends as journey gradually unfolds out.

EDIT: Pipe dream I know, but nonetheless I would welcome it.

Last edited:
    Back