• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is love?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
  • uh? i dont know exactly never felt it exept for my love for pokemon :D i guess

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I love many people. Friends, family, pets, etc. But I'm only in love with one person. And I believe it is boundless. It doesn't have to be the same gender. You can find love anywhere, where you least expect it. that's what happened with me anyways. And I would trade nothing in the world for the feeling. It's the greatest bond out there, well at least true love is. But if that bond is broken, it can be the greatest pain too. I would take physical pain over heartbreak anyday.

Uecil

Years
  • I love many people. Friends, family, pets, etc. But I'm only in love with one person. And I believe it is boundless. It doesn't have to be the same gender. You can find love anywhere, where you least expect it. that's what happened with me anyways. And I would trade nothing in the world for the feeling. It's the greatest bond out there, well at least true love is. But if that bond is broken, it can be the greatest pain too. I would take physical pain over heartbreak anyday.

i supose thats how i think about it from looking at your post i see it in that way and it to be a feeling or thought on something or someone but this is question has many different answers to it

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I love many people. Friends, family, pets, etc. But I'm only in love with one person. And I believe it is boundless. It doesn't have to be the same gender. You can find love anywhere, where you least expect it. that's what happened with me anyways. And I would trade nothing in the world for the feeling. It's the greatest bond out there, well at least true love is. But if that bond is broken, it can be the greatest pain too. I would take physical pain over heartbreak anyday.

"T'is better", as they say...

Real love is, in my eyes, valuing other people above oneself. Sacrificing your privileges, or just respecting wishes so you can give them something. Not necessarily material of course. Letting people know you love them by doing what they ask you to gives them honor and increases their assurance that you are what you say you are.

Simple sexuality is not love, and unfortunately too many people today are confused on that point. Generally it's selfish nowadays...

Years
  • I've been in love, dont call it real love, but I experienced the feeling.
    It's great, but then again it sucks.

I had a relationship of 2 years with a girl.
    But when we broke up, I didnt really care.

Might be my age, i'm 19 now, and I rather do not stick at 1 single girl for the rest of my life.
    Im still young so I just enjoy my life and go out alot.

So I dont know if love is real, or just an illusion.
    I do think love is overrated by songs and movies, and gives you a typical look towards love.

But love which mothers have for there children, thats real love.
    And I give them that love back.
    Respect your parents! nothing loves you more :(
    except mine but okay -,-

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I love my family and many friends in the sense that I would do anything to protect them from harm and anything to make them happy. When they are happy, I am happy and when they are sad, I get sad. I can't live without the people I love. This kind of love I've also felt for my boyfriends after a while. But it takes time to plant the roots for real love.

Being in love is more of a passing thing, or a thing that can grow into a steady relationship or friendship. The only difference between that and having a crush on someone is that for the latter, I can simply spot a good looking person and have feelings bubbling up inside just because I THINK they are someone but I really don't know them well enough to know if they really are that kind of person. But I can fall in love with friends I've known for a while, when things happen that make me see them in a new perspective. That kind of being in love with someone can often lead to a stronger friendship or another relationship, as I see it.

/rant XD

Also, of course you can fall in love with people on PC. Interactions create feelings, and you don't need a face or a body to feel things. Only actions and reactions. Whether it's "real love" or not, it's up to you.

I agree with this almost wholeheartedly.
    Love is a feeling, and without it, things feel incomplete. It's just so great!

For someone who said love is not a necessity in life, you should know that without love, your personality will be shaped in such a way that things will be perceived more negatively by you, and you just won't be able to grasp the whole point of life as greatly as someone with love can.
    Specially at young age, with it, you're going to be in emotional sicknesses.

Love is a strong feeling of positivity and attachment, and affection towards a person. It provides pleasure in ways more than one if done right.
    Sex isn't love, by the ways, but is a way to represent love towards a person if you already do.
    It's a combination of all those feelings, and trust, and more unexplained things.
    It it be for anybody, with anybody. It values and feels greater when selfish thoughts are removed. It makes you feel cared, and there's so much more to it that people who know love knows already.

Last edited:

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    Oh, baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

What is love
    Yeah

Oh, I don't know why you're not there
    I give you my love, but you don't care
    So what is right and what is wrong
    Gimme a sign

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

Whoa whoa whoa, oooh oooh

Oh, I don't know, what can I do
    What else can I say, it's up to you
    I know we're one, just me and you
    I can't go on

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

What is love, oooh, oooh, oooh
    What is love, oooh, oooh, oooh

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

Don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me

I want no other, no other lover
    This is your life, our time
    When we are together, I need you forever
    Is it love

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more (oooh, oooh)

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more (oooh, oooh)

What is love?

Uecil

Years
  • i think overall there are many answers to the question 'what is love?' and people have many different thoughts or feelings on this i think love is a feeling or thought on something or someone like a family member. Love can be a friendly or emotionally relationship between a person or even a love for like a cartoon or programe and i have even more thoughts on what love is i've felt love before but like i don't know how it happens but still this can be answered many ways.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • This took me a while, but...

Love is all about connection. Think about it. You love everything from neccesary things like food and commitment to fun things like Pokemon and the internet. Why? Because they give you a sense of connection as to how you use/enjoy them. :cer_wink: :cer_love:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Love, is a metaphorical double-edged blade.

It's the warmness you feel when you're with the one person you can't stand to be without. But, it is also the cold emptiness when that person is taken from you or leaves you. It's the desperation to be together with that one person, needing them at your side, every waking moment. It's the indescribeable joy you fell when you and that person spend time together, laugh together, smile and talk together. It's also the sharp pain you feel when you two fight, the tears and the anguish that come from upsetting that person. It's the frustration when you try to get over that person, the constant telling yourslef you hate them, but never believe it. It's the yearning to speak and make up after a fight, the passion, the sex, everything.

Love, is subjecting yourself to the worst pain possible, but also subjecting yourself to the greatest happiness. Love is mankind's worst drug, because it makes you experience the most pleasurable high, but can also make you experience the most agonizing hangover. No form of torture compares to the pain Love puts a person through. No amount of smiles, good fortune, or miracles can cause a greater joy than Love, just by hearing three simple words...

"I love you"....

This came straight from the heart, so please, if you read it all, make it something you won't forget.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Google said:
    • a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"
    • any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for **** fighting";
    • have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
    • beloved: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
    • get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
    • a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
    • be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply"
    • a score of zero in tennis or squash; "it was 40 love"
    • sleep together: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
    • sexual love: sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people; "his lovemaking disgusted her"; "he hadn't had any love in months"; "he has a very complicated love life"
      wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
    • Sonic Dream Collective was a Swedish pop band from the city of Uppsala. They had their greatest success in 1995 with the song "Oh, Baby All ...
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(Sonic_Dream_Collective_song)
    • Arsenio Sebastião Cabungula or Love (born March 14, 1979) is an Angolan footballer. he has been Angolan top scorer twice in 2004 and 2005. He plays as a forward for Primeiro de Agosto in his home country and is being linked with a move to Petro Atlético de Luanda for next season. ...
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(footballer)
    • Love is the third album released by the Mexican singer Thalía under the previously owned Televisa record label, Melody/Fonovisa, which now belongs to Univision Music Group. This album was released in México, some Central-American countries and even in the United States (with an alternate cover).
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(Thalía_album)
    • L♥VE (spelled with the ♥ on the front cover and an O elsewhere on the record and sleeve) is a record album featuring the cast of Sesame Street. It was released in 1980.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(Sesame_Street_album)
    • "Love" is the second single from Musiq Soulchild's debut album Aijuswanaseing. The song is widely acclaimed a classic due to its soulfulness, content, strong message and Musiq's falestto during the near end of the song. ...
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_(Musiq_Soulchild_song)

My thoughts of it is a strong passion or wanting to be with him/her.

Uecil

Years
  • ....i think love...is...a lie...my boyfriend just recently broke up with me because he (lucerine) had a fight with world-king. anyway .....he wouldnt have left me if he loved me. that proves its a lie. or just he is. anyway it could just be a......hidden romance awaiting your presence....or someone who cares. it dosent have to be about bf gf. it could be family. or girl to girl boy to boy. who cares? it's a hormone, released by your body when you see the most impressive opposite sex, to reproduce. like animals. the girls and boys are constanly trying to get mates. just because poeple are "PRETTY" and "HOT" but no. its because they are just well dressed or looking to your body's view and you try to impress them by acting with a small "dance" or an "impression" to win them over. :l but before i noticed this....i thought love was a teen romance. and im only 11 saying that.

wow emily that's a very good way to put it i'm amazed proud even it makes me upset hearing this i can see how you feel about it all

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • ....i think love...is...a lie...my boyfriend just recently broke up with me because he (lucerine) had a fight with world-king. anyway .....he wouldnt have left me if he loved me. that proves its a lie. or just he is. anyway it could just be a......hidden romance awaiting your presence....or someone who cares. it dosent have to be about bf gf. it could be family. or girl to girl boy to boy. who cares? it's a hormone, released by your body when you see the most impressive opposite sex, to reproduce. like animals. the girls and boys are constanly trying to get mates. just because poeple are "PRETTY" and "HOT" but no. its because they are just well dressed or looking to your body's view and you try to impress them by acting with a small "dance" or an "impression" to win them over. :l but before i noticed this....i thought love was a teen romance. and im only 11 saying that.

I don't think that's true. Love comes in all circumstances. Do you love your parents? Do you love your pets (if you have any)? Do you even love yourself?

I don't personally think that "love" is a hormone. Perhaps it might be attraction or lust.. but I think when someone is holding their partner's hand through labour and experiencing childbirth and holding that newborn in their hands and finding so much joy in that little miracle, how could someone say that that's not love?
    When a couple grows old together, experiences life and laughter and pain together. When you can look at that other person through all that saggy skin, and uneven teeth, and cataracts, broken bones, veracose veins, glaucoma, and any other flaw that a person might have, and still see a beautiful soul and someone you cherish and just want to be with and around, I can't see how that can be anything other than love. I think love is a passion.

Just my own thoughts.

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
  • . just because poeple are "PRETTY" and "HOT" but no. its because they are just well dressed or looking to your body's view and you try to impress them by acting with a small "dance" or an "impression" to win them over. :l but before i noticed this....i thought love was a teen romance. and im only 11 saying that.

Well there's four little words that I like to say to people, sex is not love. Even Asexual people fall in love.

Though you are not entirely incorrect with the hormone angle, oxytocin is a hormone that has been connected to feelings of love.

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
    Years
  • I 100% believe in love...

A year ago, I met a guy. We liked each other's company, and quickly became friends. About a month after we were seeing each other, he asked me out, and I said yes. To this day, we are still together...and our relationship has been entirely over the Internet-MSN. And people say long-distance dating isn't possible. Well, we are living proof. We are truly the most amazing couple, our love keeps on growing everyday, and he is the one, that I want to spend my life with.

:)

....i think love...is...a lie...my boyfriend just recently broke up with me because he (lucerine) had a fight with world-king. anyway .....he wouldnt have left me if he loved me. that proves its a lie. or just he is. anyway it could just be a......hidden romance awaiting your presence....or someone who cares. it dosent have to be about bf gf. it could be family. or girl to girl boy to boy. who cares? it's a hormone, released by your body when you see the most impressive opposite sex, to reproduce. like animals. the girls and boys are constanly trying to get mates. just because poeple are "PRETTY" and "HOT" but no. its because they are just well dressed or looking to your body's view and you try to impress them by acting with a small "dance" or an "impression" to win them over. :l but before i noticed this....i thought love was a teen romance. and im only 11 saying that.

Also with this. I have to disagree. Sweety if the guy left you like that, then you clearly need to find a better guy to be there for you. And humans are not like animals at all. Some do mess around, and I pity them for it, but from my own account, I do not look for the hottest guy out there, or the one with the biggest 6-pack. I look for ones with personality, loyalty, love, respect for me, and one willing to devote his time for me, and help me when I'm hurting/sad. I already found that guy, and I'm sure you will too if you look hard enough. Oh, and to me, looks are not everything. And trust me, it isn't a teen romance in the world we live in. It can get pretty interesting very fast. But I respect you speaking your mind.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Love is special.
    But at a young age love is really only a waste of your freedom.
    I mean, at the age of 11 its just not needed, and just enjoy your childhood.
    It's over, faster then you think, trust me on that.

And having a boyfriend is just fine, but to be honest, at a young age it always ends ( not always -,-)
    Most important thing is, that you learned something out of that relationship.

Im 19 years and Im single for a year now, I rather stay single for another year or 2.
    That doesnt mean I cant still mess around abit.. or alot ^^

Back