• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is the 3 best pokemon to use in battle tower?

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    until i level up my EV-trained pokemon (which are great pokemon-s i might add :P)
    i use
    starmie, Boltbeam,surf,(psychic/skill swap)
    salamence,EQ,DE,AA,DragonClaw
    metagross,EQ,ShadowBall,MM,Explosion
    and/or choice band slaking,ShadowBall,EQ,(HyperBeam/Strength),(BrickBreak/SlackOff)

i recommend uber-like pokemon that arent allowed in netbattle but allowed in Frontier:
    Wobbuffet
    Lati@s
    Celebi
    -Blissey ;D
    Also, try Dragon Dancing TTar or Sala because the AI's are too stupid to counter Set-Ups.
    Perish Song+Wobb is pretty cheap too :P

Last edited:

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    Celebi isn't allowed in The Battle Frontier.

o. i was getting things mixed up x_X
    i wonder what the facility would give me battle points the quickest... i have a crapload of tutor moves to teach and i only have 70. :(

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The fastest way is to do a double battle with another person. If you cannot do that, then do the double battle with an AI partner. If your Pokes are good enough, you can overcome the bad movesets/horribly strategy your AI teammate will employ.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I've been using a few teams on open level:

Cradily, Metagross, Skarmory (my usual)

Metagross, Claydol, Armaldo

And a few other variations on my team. Despite common weaknesses, I've come out amazingly victorious. Except when a Solrock comes into play... for some reason they give me some trouble. And there's uaually one in every challenge, blast them.

I prefer double battles, and I always use:
    Metagross, Skarmory, Claydol, Cradily

I always have either Claydol or Skarmory out, so I can have an effective EQ. Or if my Claydol is in a world of pain, I have Skarmory out with him, use Fly, and then Explosion (granted Skormory goes first). And for Metagross, one Agility and he can't be outrun (except Quick Attack, which has actually ended his reign of terror ONCE... what level 100 Poke has Quick Attack?? LOL). It's all actually very effective, and I don't know why; you'd think I'd get owned. Maybe I've just been lucky. hahaha

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I've been using a few teams on open level:

Cradily, Metagross, Skarmory (my usual)

Metagross, Claydol, Armaldo

And a few other variations on my team. Despite common weaknesses, I've come out amazingly victorious. Except when a Solrock comes into play... for some reason they give me some trouble. And there's uaually one in every challenge, blast them.

I prefer double battles, and I always use:
    Metagross, Skarmory, Claydol, Cradily

I always have either Claydol or Skarmory out, so I can have an effective EQ. Or if my Claydol is in a world of pain, I have Skarmory out with him, use Fly, and then Explosion (granted Skormory goes first). And for Metagross, one Agility and he can't be outrun (except Quick Attack, which has actually ended his reign of terror ONCE... what level 100 Poke has Quick Attack?? LOL). It's all actually very effective, and I don't know why; you'd think I'd get owned. Maybe I've just been lucky. hahaha

Lv.100 Flareon uses Quick Attack.

Anyways, Shultz, you dotn use AGgron to counter Water types >.<
    Thats when yuo switch out and use a different pokemon, so try to make sure that the 3 pokemon you have don't share same weaknesses or strengths, so you can cover as many types as possible.

Oh and btw, if you want a Steel type to counter a water, use Magneton =P

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years

Try a Swampert, after I got my team rated (and changed) *GivesThumbsUpToshanecdavis* I got a Swampert, and it blasts through most opponents that my Latias has trouble with. For near-loss situations, I halt the opposition with Skarmory and Toxic them to death. If that doesnt work (Curse you, Seviper), then I bash them with Aerial Ace. Piece o' cake!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I find that a set of starters are best ><

Because most things are resistant to at least one of the three, or at least another type they can learn...

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
    Lately, I've only been playing the Battle Dome, and the team I use there is Raichu, Latias, and Ninetails xD

Braveheart(Raichu)
    ~Lightball (I know it only works for Pikachu, but she's still rather strong)

~Thunderbolt
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Thunder
    ~Brick Break

Latias
    ~Leftovers

~Dragon Claw
    ~Recover
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Psychic

Meg(Ninetails)
    ~Charcoal

~Toxic
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Safeguard
    ~Flamethrower

Not the greatest team in the world, but they get the job done xD;

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Then why do you still have Raichu holding it when you know it does nothing? Give Raichu a Shell Bell or Lum Berry or something that it can actually gain some kind of benefit from.

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
    Simply because, Berries (Doesn't matter what kind) don't last forever (They only can be used once), therefore I don't really like using them, unless the pokemon is at a really low level (Anything below level 20). I'll probaly get a Shell Bell soon, we'll see. I'm thinking of looking for a Magnet though >.>;; For right now though however, she's fairly strong. So right at this point, I'm not really worried about what item she's holding.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    To each their own. You do know that in parts of the BF (specifically the Battle Tower), if a berry is used during one battle that it is automatically replenished for the following battle, right? Berries are also much better than items that don't work at all. A Lum Berry, for example can prevent Raichu from getting hit with a status, which you tend to see a lot in the BF. Even a White Herb (harder to come by than berries you can continually plant for free) can protect Raichu from stat-reducing moves.

PLEASE don't go with Magnet though. Boosting up only one type of move isn't helpful either, especially if Raichu needs to use a physical move. It would be like it wasn't holding anything useful again. If you refuse to use berries, Shell Bell will at least help in the HP area, which is most important for the weak Raichu.

But again, it is your team/game. Just thought I would offer up an opinion.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I use mah old
    ~Latios:
    ~Psychic
    ~ThunderBolt
    ~IceBeam
    ~Recover
    ~Slaking
    ~Break Brick
    ~Rest
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Hyper Beam
    ~Metagross
    ~Meteor Mash
    ~Psychic
    ~Explosion
    ~Hyper Beam

Years
    try dis.

latias
    fly
    phychic
    surf
    attract

raichu
    thunder
    dig
    focus punch
    slam

golem
    fire blast
    earthquake
    rock throw
    explosion

c if that works.
    and if it doesnt, try this

swampert
    muddy water
    mud shot
    double edge
    attract

latios
    psychic
    fly
    hyper beam
    surf

machamp
    fire blast
    rock tomb
    cross chop
    dig

and if neither work, then pm me and ill come up with something else.

MEGASAUR

MEGASAUR
    Years
    ~Metagross
    ~Starmie
    ~Salamence
    ~Heracross
    ~Lati@s
    ~Swampert

Those are pretty much the only ones that can acually win a Gold for you.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I've been using this team lately, and have been owning for a looong streak:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Bold (Serene Grace trait)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Water Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - Softboiled

Milotic @ Shell Bell
    Bold
    - Surf
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Explosion

Pretty much Explosion from CBgross will take out anything. ANYTHING, even physical walls. I've yet to see a single non-Focus Band poke survive an Explosion from this beast.

I'm also thinking of making a Level 50 team, with Alakazam. But not sure if I would benefit from switching one of the above with him. Or maybe do Alakazam, Swampert, Blissey. I only have Blissey because I was literally STUNNED with how much Special Attack power it can absorb. Any of the 'punches' from Anabel's Alakazam did almost nothing. I was amazed, and my questioning Blissey's effectiveness ended right then and there. I think I will ALWAYS have a Blissey on any team I create.

Last edited:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Two Words xD:

Latias/Timid
    Soul Dew

Dragon Claw
    Thunderbolt
    Recover
    Safeguard

Skarmory/Careful or Impish
    Leftovers

Aerial Ace
    Toxic
    Spikes
    Rest

Swampert/Relaxed, Brave, or Quiet
    Shell Bell

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide (or other accesible Rock-type moves)

EDIT: Looks like Swampert's almost a no-brainer here ^_^

Back