• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is the average age of people playing pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2009
    I was just wandeing the average age of people playing pokemon now a days. There are about 6 people i know personally that still play and they range from 18 to 21 years old. whats the average age of you and your friends that play?

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    Well, here are the ages of the people I know in real life who play pokemon. 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 12, 9, 5.
    But this is shifty info because I don't know anyone who plays it in the grades above or below me. The younger ones are kids I babysit, and the 12 is the little bro of my friend.

Twero

ii'
    Years
    Hm....
    I think it's 9 to 13 years old.
    But I have 15 and I still playing! =D

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    haha i know some people that are around 13-23! lol :] Pokemon is still popular!!! yay!

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    I'd say about 7-12. I Don't play it anymore i just share my info for it. I Only played pearl for lucario and all of the legendaries but i dun play it anymore.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I think the average age is between 7-17.
    Most people actually grasp how to play, a gameboy or such at 7, and at 17 mature/move on.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Well, the newer generations attract new fans in the forms of young children, but you also have the veterans who've been playing since the days of RBY. I don't actually know any young kids that play it, mostly because I don't know any young kids, but me and a few of my friends play it at age 17, and I know a couple people a year younger that play too, so Pokemon's got a semi-strong showing in the older teens.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, the newer generations attract new fans in the forms of young children, but you also have the veterans who've been playing since the days of RBY. I don't actually know any young kids that play it, mostly because I don't know any young kids, but me and a few of my friends play it at age 17, and I know a couple people a year younger that play too, so Pokemon's got a semi-strong showing in the older teens.

I say that D/P attracts from 7+, R/S/E attracts about 10+ and all other ages for G/S/C and R/B/Y.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    Mhm my friend is 20 and he still plays it every now and then so i'd have 2 say the limit would prolly be up 2 age 24.

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
    Years
    Video games actually promote people from about 7 or 8, to 28 or 29.
    But the average ages of Pokemon players would be about 8 to about 22 or so.

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
    Years
    Exactly, it's supprising, but it's the truth, there really are mad gamers out there, who would do anything for a buzz.

Back