• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What is the best anime/anime series you’ve ever watched?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For the longest time I considered Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann my favorite show. It's gotten a lot of contenters over time, though. FMA:B was really good, the 90s anime of Berserk was really good, Samurai Champloo I really enjoyed more than I did Cowboy Bebop, though that's a good one as well, Serial Experiments Lain, Steins;Gate and Kaiba.

I suppose I'm a little bit on the fence about Trigun, Utena and Eva. All pretty good but not quite there. I may need to rewatch them at some point as it's been quite a while and my opinion might have changed over time...

Not easy to pin one down specifically.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Not to be horribly mainstream, but the GOAT is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Attack on Titan is easily going to be the anime of this generation if the end sticks the landing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    My favourite anime in recent memory has to be Demon Slayer. I think it's an equally good adaptation to its corresponding manga chapters, which isn't true of all good anime series such as season 1 of The Promised Neverland and season 2 of Attack on Titan. I especially like how it expands on the demons' tragic characterisations and its mostly good 3D animation (which I usually despise, as in TPN's backgrounds), with the fight against Kyogai being especially stunning due to it

I do really like AoT though, especially season 1 as Isayama's art style hadn't yet reached its current levels and it added scenes that flesh out the characters and make you care about them more

Not to be horribly mainstream, but the GOAT is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Attack on Titan is easily going to be the anime of this generation if the end sticks the landing.

I agree, though I'm kinda worried about how they can possibly fit the rest of the plot into the last two episodes?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I agree, though I'm kinda worried about how they can possibly fit the rest of the plot into the last two episodes?

Hey there!

We don't know yet if there's going to be a Final Season Part 2 or if they'll wrap it up in a movie. We just gotta wait and see.

My understanding is that there's a lot to come so I'm hoping for a Part 2!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2021
    Hey there!

We don't know yet if there's going to be a Final Season Part 2 or if they'll wrap it up in a movie. We just gotta wait and see.

My understanding is that there's a lot to come so I'm hoping for a Part 2!

oh right i completely forgot that that was a possibility lmao, though personally my opinion is that if you're gonna have a final season part 2, why not just call part 1 season 4 and part 2 the actual final season instead??

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • oh right i completely forgot that that was a possibility lmao, though personally my opinion is that if you're gonna have a final season part 2, why not just call part 1 season 4 and part 2 the actual final season instead??

Because it's all technically 1 season. Every AOT season before this one has been that way. Used to confuse me too lol.

Years
  • The best thing I've watched is Madoka Magica. It gets kind of dark and the ending is a tear jerker, but it was a hopeful one and I liked it. Unlike a lot of people seem to be, I'm not really a huge fan of the sequel movie, Rebellion, though. Some of the choices are a little baffling to me.

Back