• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the first movie you saw in theaters?

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    Wow. Gonna have to reach way down into my brain.

I'm pretty sure it was Mulan, back in '98 when it was released. Great movie, but I remember the theater blasting the sound. Freaked me out big time.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Hmm...
    Well, the first movie I ever recall watching in theaters would be the original Toy Story. I believe my uncle, then about the same age I am now, took my cousins and I to see it. I, being five at the time, feel asleep about half way through it. Not too much of a great memory, but it is what it is.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Wow. Gonna have to reach way down into my brain.

I'm pretty sure it was Mulan, back in '98 when it was released. Great movie, but I remember the theater blasting the sound. Freaked me out big time.
    Same here! I saw Mulan back when I was younger with mah daddy and little brother. I was 6ish at the time, so my brother was probably 2 or 3 and I remember him getting scared from the loud noise of the theatre, especially from the main bad guy. I loved it though <3 I still love it to this day too~!

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
    I'm pretty sure it was Mulan, back in '98 when it was released. Great movie,
    You dang right! :D

If my memory doesn't fail me, it was the first Shrek movie. That was the first ever film I saw in a cinema, and it was at the skanky Corn Exchange theatre on Corn Hill in the town centre. XD

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    The Lion King ^^ Whatever year that came out... I wanna say '95 but I'm not sure ^^;
    I remember that we went with a friend of the family's son, and he had the same toy I had, but my toy was at home, but I thought that it was my toy, so I tried to steal it from him. Hah. Whoops. >>;

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I can only remember one movie I saw in the theaters when I was young.

Star Wars: The Phanton Menace. Probably one of my favorite movies of all time. :)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    In theaters?....Man, when did Lion King come out? Because I'm pretty sure that was my first one. Epic movie =P

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    Same here! I saw Mulan back when I was younger with mah daddy and little brother. I was 6ish at the time, so my brother was probably 2 or 3 and I remember him getting scared from the loud noise of the theatre, especially from the main bad guy. I loved it though <3 I still love it to this day too~!
    I watched Mulan too the first day it came out, I was with my dad and my older sister but I got annoyed by the loud noises.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I don't exactly remember, but like everyone else here, it was probably a Disney movie. I'm going to say The Lion King, mainly because that's my earliest memory of watching any movie, whether in theaters or by video cassette.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Urm.. Pokemon 2000 I think.. if it came out in theaters, if not some other pokemon movie.

EDIT
    It was Pokemon:Spell of the Unknown

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Whoaa...I think it was Pocahontas. I very vaguely remember seeing that when I was extremely young, and I was in a large room with lots of people. I think I fell asleep XD

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I believe my first was Mulan too. My sister and I got scared by the bad guy. o.o

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    The Rugrats Movie when I was 8.
    Never been the kind of person to go to movie theaters anyway.

Back