• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the first Pokemon you ever saw?

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Charmander,Charmeleon,Charizard or Krabby.

I only know it was a red pokemon which belonged to Ash. It was such a long time ago.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Blastoise...I saw it on the cover of Pokemon Blue at Toys R Us. I was with my aunt and she bought me the game while we were there.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    The first Pokémon I remember seeing was a Dragonair and a Blastoise simultaneously in a battle. I was playing my friend's game before I'd ever even heard of Pokémon and I couldn't understand why Withdraw wasn't doing any damage, lol.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    The first Pokémon-related thing I saw was an energy card :\.
    The first actual Pokémon I saw was Cubone from a Japanese Pokémon card. I think I still have it too! ^^

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Well I kinda saw all 151 pokemon at once for the first time, I was given a poster with all of them on about 10 years ago XD But I think it's probably Bulbasaur who caught my eye 1st..

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Rhyhorn.

I will never forget that moment. I was at summer camp and one morning when I arrived, everyone was talking about these cards. This girl showed me her favorite pokemon card, which was the orginal Rhyhorn, and was freaking out over how cool it was. At first I was like huh? When did this become so popular? (It was literally over night). The girl gave me her Caterpie card and that was my first pokemon card. From there on, I got into pokemon and more than ten years later I love it more than ever <3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Probably a Pikachu? That lil' critter just got AROUND during the massive media blitz that accompanied the arrival of the games. TV, newspapers, advertisements: all of them featured that red-cheeked yellow rat and the irritating noises it emitted out of its mouth.

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
    Pokemon wasn't popular at our school until GSC, so I started playing it then, and the first Pokemon I saw was Ho-Oh on the box art.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Maybe either Pikachu or Eevee.
    I can't remember..it was years ago.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Staryu in pokemon tazo. I liked so much that i carried him for every place.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
    Either Haunter or Squirtle, because I remember them being on the Pokemon cards someone brought into school. I became obsessed with them immediately, even though I didn't know what Pokemon was, lol.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The first Pokemon I saw were Pikachu and Onix. It was during a report about the seizures in Japan, and the news program showed clips from when Ash challenged Brock. Of course, that was back before I really knew what Pokemon was. Once I found out about Pokemon, the connections clicked in my mind.

Years
    First pokemon....

I think it was Pikachu? From the commercials I saw on pokemon advertising their games.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    First Pokemon I remember seeing was probably Pikachu. But I've always had an attachment to Lugia, since it was on the box art of my first Pokemon game, Pokemon Silver. I'm upset that I have HeartGold instead of SoulSilver, but I'll probably scrape some money together to get it next.

Back