• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most forgettable move?

Snivy063

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Didn't know that there was a move called Barrage, remember getting this move from Metronome while I was playing D/P, and did not know who learned it. Apparently, the move is part of Exeggute line, and they do not gain any stab from the move. :p .. The others are Kinsesis, Tri-Attack, Octazooka, Minimize.

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
  • There's a move called Quash? I'd heard of most of the other ones (including Present), but that was the only one thus far that I had to completely look up. I guess I'd forgotten about the Murkrow line in general... never used one, so would never really come into contact with that particular move.
    I don't know about Squash but know one that is quite similar: Crush Grip. It's the signature move of Regigigas. I saw that move only once in the anime. You can see that move if you face a Regigigas in any fourth gen game (soul silver)

The move that I forget is the Destiny Bond. Pretty handy but it has got it's own tricks -.-

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    For me it's Slam. Basically the aborted fetus of Body Slam not to mention inferior in nearly every single possible way in comparison.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I didn't even know Quash was a move until I looked inside of this thread and I had to confirm it and it is a move.

Other moves I forget: Howl, Haze and Rage Powder, I knew I used Howl in the Pokemon Contest a lot, just don't seem why I would forget it.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Spike Cannon. The best 2–5 hit move to my knowledge, and I might be inclined to use it — I've just never really used a monster that learns it.

Present on their Delib-- well, who even USES Delibird in the first place?
    I used Delibird for a good while once... or twice, not sure. I like it so Present is always memorable to me.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Surf for me...

Nah gammin, but seriously maybe:
    - Kinesis
    - Lovely Kiss
    - Triple Kick
    - Conversion 2
    - Role Play

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Frustration gets ignored over Return because simply walking around reduces Frustration's power...

Most of the new 5th gen moves are forgettable for me since I still stick with the old standby power moves like ice Beam and Thunderbolt, which makes things like Frost Breath and Wild Charge obsolete, at least IMO.

Years
  • Rolling Kick.
    This. It's been around since generation I, but I'm pretty sure I haven't used it a single time yet. Other Pokemon than Hitmonlee - including Delibird, at least for me - have memorable signature moves, but this is just "just another kick move", and I'm pretty sure it's not really good either.

Also, I don't think I remember more than two or three gen V moves. There's that Wotter shell thing, the electric U-Turn and ...? I really have no idea.

Years

• Also, I don't think I remember more than two or three gen V moves. There's that Wotter shell thing, the electric U-Turn and ...? I really have no idea.

You mean Razor Shell and Volt Switch.

Another move that I find forgettable is Magic Room, it's sort of exclusive to Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I guess my list would be...

Quash
    Present
    Techno Blast
    Magma Storm
    Octazooka
    Kinesis
    Role Play

Since they've been mentioned here & I don't remember them! There are probably others, but they're forgettable so guess what? I've forgotten them!

Can't believe some of the ones mentioned though... Razor Shell's pretty good! My Samurott still has it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I'd say Astonish; the only time I ever see that move in use is when it's being used by a low level Lotad. All it serves to do is make lotad useless against normal types (Which is very common early game.)

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • Wow, when I read the first post I was like what on earth is barrage? And I've been playing since R/B/Y. It's definitely that. Growl/Leer/Vine Whip aren't even forgettable. -.-

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • Splash! Most useless move ever, no question about that. It's also a signature move too! Others include Present, Mud Slap, Sketch, Power Swap, Skill Swap.

I can remember going against the wild Mewtwo that's found in Cerulean Cave and it would SPAM Power Swap and Skill Swap constantly! I was able to put it to sleep with a level 39 Stantler, and it never killed it. In reality, I don't see a point in those two moves....

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • Quash, Drill Run, Chatter, Present , Most early game stuff lie Growl,Leer.
    People rarely use them,for example I have never heard of Quash before checking this thread

Years
  • I see Magic Room as forgettable, it's sort of the signature move of Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle.

When my Gothitelle wanted to learn it, she didn't really need it.

If you don't know about this move, it disables the effect of held items for a few turns.

Back