• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most 'unusual' Pokemon you've had on your team?

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
  • Well, I've had a Wailord on my Emerald team, if that counts.
    I think I remember having a Snorlax on my FR team, as well.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • It all really depends on what you class unusual as. :x I guess to me Shedinja is unusual and Sableye and Mawile etc, I've used them before so I guess that's my answer. :x

jammi567

On my recent playthrough of Leafgreen, I used a Sandshrew/Sandslash for the first time ever. The only reason I hadn't before was because other people had said that they weren't very good, but I disagree.

Years
  • In Black, I used a Sawsbuck which is a bit odd.

In most of my 4th Gen games, I used Skuntank, Roserade and Ambipom.

I had 2 Grass-types on my Ruby team, Roselia and Breloom - as well as 2 Water-types, Pelipper and Golduck.

I even used a Manectric and Linoone in Ruby, I was such a noob back then.

After using Linoone, I don't tend to use early-route Normal-type rodent Pokemon on my team. I guess Linoone was there so I could use its ability - Pickup.

Years
  • Hmm. I did use Pokemon like Solrock. Slaking, Mawile, and Hypno. At least I consider those unusual.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Probably my Dunsparce. I usually don't use Pokemon that;
    1. Don't evolve.
    2. Are normal-type.

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
  • either my beautifly and unevolved graveler in emerald
    or my simisage in pokemon white

i just used graveler to pwn maxie's golbat who kept beating up my blaziken and beuatifly
    who even uses beautifly? i find it odd now that theyre both lvl 100

Years
  • I don't know if this thread is still up but.... I did have a raticate that I used to defeat most of the elite four and red. Not joking either. Though, my team was 'unusual' to me (I was using mostly 'cutesy' like pokemon).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Unusual? I never evolve my Aipom if I have one on the team, so I guess that could count. I honestly don't find much to be "unusual" honestly. I just use what I want. Also, this can apply to more than just RSE/FRLG, so I'm moving it to PGC.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • I have got a Dunsparce in my current Crystal team. I also used to have a Shuckle. And Raticate and Beedrill in FireRed.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • Um, I used a Wobbuffet in GSC. That should count as unusual, shouldn't it. But it was pretty useful in Gym Battles (but sucked in regular battles as it kept taking damage to actually hurt something).

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Probably the most unusal Pokemon I've ever used was a Sableye during a playthrough of Pokemon Emerald. I actually used it throughout, from when I got it in Graite Cave all the way to the Elite Four. It was really weak, and the only thing that made me use it was its typing. xD

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, can't really remember my past games that much but the most unusual would probably be Shuckle haha, and he owned XD

Years
  • In white i used Swanna's pre evolved form. Forgotten the name.
    only because Duck's are my favourite animal.

Another unusual one i've used is probably Relicanth, it didn't last long but i used it.

Back