• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the theme of your life?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    theme
    the subject of a talk, a piece of writing, a person's thoughts, or an exhibition; a topic

Say you wrote a book that had a theme, and sub-themes, so to speak, of lessons you learned throughout your time alive. If you had to combine it all into one theme / life lesson that you want to share with people, what would that be and why is that significant to you?

Examples: accepting who you are, liberating yourself from what others expect of you, finding who you are, etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My theme is accepting one for who they are because I like to get to know other people just the way they are.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Say you wrote a book that had a theme, and sub-themes, so to speak, of lessons you learned throughout your time alive.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Im acttualy doing this pretty much xD
    I guess I would say my theme is.. Finding out who I am
    Ive always been doing it and still am. Even the lines in my palm say so :P

~countryemo

Years
  • Don't be a lazy person, because it can be your downfall.

Seriously, that's how my life's been since I left high school. If I had just motivated myself to do this and that (and didn't have such a hatred of calling people) I think I'd probably still be in college right now. At least, I'd be way better off than I am now.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • In the end no matter how talented you think you are. If you can't defend yourself all will be lost.

This basically means, it doesn't matter how talented or amazingly popular you are. If you can't stand up for yourself and defend yourself when your in danger all could be gone simply because of weak defense.

Years
  • "If you want to see the view you have to climb the mountain."

You must try things. A mountain is a difficult, challenging, intimidating thing, but it is also rewarding for those who try to climb it. You need to put in effort (climb the mountain) if you want your desires (seeing the view) to be realized. But more than that, it's a matter of changing. If you always stay at the foot of the mountain you'll never see the view, i.e., never see beyond your immediate surroundings and learn anything new. You can't get what you want without being willing to change, adapt, and grow and a change in perspective is essentially a change to your identity, your self, or, more figuratively, your position. The process of doing so is going to be hard, but the experience is worth it because once you've gone down the mountain you still have the experience of it and have been changed by it. And for the moments you're actually on top of the mountain, well, nothing compares to that.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Attitude. Life is about your attitude. Think about the blessings you have in life, don't dread on what you don't have - you may never realize how lucky you are. If you're too busy looking down at the dirt, you won't realize the sun is shining above your head. If you give up in the middle of a rain storm, you'll never see the rainbow that follows right after it.

Your life is precious. You're beautiful. You're loved. Never doubt that, and live life to the fullest. Smell the flowers, marvel the sunsets, and appreciate the little things in life. You don't need a mustang, a mansion, or a trophy wife to be happy. You just need a good attitude.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Life sucks and then you die.

idk if it fits my life but that quote is just awesome.

Ayselipera

"Never let yourself get the best of you."

I think the running theme of my life seems to be that I get discouraged and then give up. I find myself wanting to exceed at something, but then I'll see someone doing better than me or when I try it it won't come out the way I want it to be and I'll soon give up and head into a few days of self pity. I'm naturally really hard on myself and so once I see a self problem I don't let it go and mope about it to myself forever.

I guess my advice would be that you can't always exceed at the things you want to do because they're things that just aren't meant for you. Life is full of mysterious paths and passages. There are times when you think you know the direction you are going in and then the path changes dramatically and you end up going down a road you couldn't foresee when you were starting on your path. I think no matter what path you take, even if it is a bad path, you can always start a new course however late in the game you are. If you let the worst of your emotions (yourself) take over yourself (the best of you) then you'll either take a path for the worse or end up on the same path for the rest of your life. Sometimes you have to steal yourself from your own emotions and move on.

And, I find this important because I must go through this all the time and I know how much it stinks to be alive, but to not actually feel like you're living. If you're constantly bringing yourself down then a lot of times you feel really pointless and it's important for everyone to feel like they matter in any way possible! So I guess it's a bit of a mixture of finding who you are/accepting yourself.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
  • "Why live softly, when death will come soon?"

That is pure genius. I want to get the most out of life before death comes.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Life is short. Enjoy it, nurture it, and, if possible, make it longer. You'll never know when
    you'll die.

That pretty much sums up what I have to say here. That's how I live through my life, enjoying it while I can.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I believe that you should be who you are and that person loud and proudly.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    My theme is born this way, be yourself always.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    The tune to my life goes something like never forget. All the good times are gone so all I can do is reminisce.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Wear a smile for life.

Life wouldnt be fun if you dont smile or laugh :D smiles are contagious and you make friends with smiles!

Back