• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What is with the ridiculous requests on the gts?

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i find search it to hard i just deposit a pokemon and look every day or two i started with 1 pokemon and now i got like 20 because i just keep geting a pokemon breeding an egg putting it back it an endless circle

Years
    You wouldn't believe the request someone wanted.

Request - Deoxys
    Offer - Lvl. 6 Magikarp

And I was like "Gl, noob"

I know exactly what you mean.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hm. That is true. Maybe I shouldn't of said that. xD; You're right; it could be more than that, even though it is more than likely that people are just being dumb/ridiculous. My boyfriend once got a traded pokemon from there and we argued about it being a hack or not (though I knew deep down it was; I knew he didn't trade anything special, and the pokemon he got was a shiny Munchlax at level 100 <__<). Though couldn't receiving a hacked pokemon potentially mess with your game as well?

Though if it's ev trained it would have to be at level 100, and I'm sure there are a lot of Pokemon offered for trade only at level 1. As for the shiny thing, I can't see why anyone would want to trade an uber for one, other than the fact that they look cool.

It doesn't specifically have to be LV. 100 for it to be EV trained. People could start EV training at any level they want [besides 100 because you cannot go any further than that LV.] and finish EV training without being LV. 100.
    As for people not wanting an uber pokémon, I wouldn't say that. Some people tend to want to do Uber battles and other times they could just use that Uber pokémon for in-game teams or just regular battling.

People shouldn't get legends over the GTS anyway as theya re nearly always hacks.

Well it is actually fair that legendaries are obtainable through the GTS. For the the people who want those pokémon and can't seem to get one via friends, downstairs of the Pokémon Center, and other things you can do to get them, the legendaries come in handy in the GTS. You would have to be careful on which ones you get though...

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
    I get tired of those. I want to find a simple pichu and everything comes up as wanted: Arceus, Manaphy, Darkrai, Lugia...I gets old people

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Problem With GTS

One of my biggest complaints with GTS is that it seems I can never find any productive trades because every time I look for a trade I see plenty of trades that will never happen. For example a Lv. 6 Magikarp for a Lv. 100 Dialga. Noone in their right minds would ever do that trade, so if I was happening to be looking for a Magikarp I wouldn't be able to find one for a reasonable trade.

Thats why I think they should rework it or change it completely for the next game where every pokemon has like a number 1-10 basically ranking it on the level of availabilty, level, and diffuculty of the catch. For example a Lv. 5 Magikarp would be a 1 and could be traded for a Goldeen. And a Level 70. Dialga would be a 10 and could be traded for a Jirachi.

I think GTS would be easier and more efficient this way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2021
    People just give ask for such pokemon because they want to clone them and such.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    Who would clone a Lv6 Magikarp?

Also, the GTS isn't that bad. Put something reasonable up for trade, you'll usually get it within 24 hours or so.

But I think they should let you view the summary screen before accepting a trade, to avoid hacks.

gaz-is-the-best

AAAAHHHH!!!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    They may have had a ridiculous request carried out in the past and might think that they will get lucky a second time :D.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    I am starting to get the hang of it better. At first I was just searching and getting discouraged if I couldn't find a trade. Now I just make my own with better results.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    I was an idiot once, and traded my non-hacked Darkrai (well, I hacked to get to it...) for something that I don't even remember...

I think it might have been a Rayquaza, so it wasn't a totally unfair trade. But I never even use Rayquaza, so that made me sad...

I had to hack a new Darkrai. I made it have the exact same moves and everything, but it's not the same! T^T

R.I.P. Twinkie. (Yes, I named it Twinkie. Don't judge me.)

Back