• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What is with the ridiculous requests on the gts?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    I don't like it much either last time I was on there, there were level 2 bidoofs and starlys for Mews and Celebis. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    The only times I really use the GTS is when I'm looking for foreign pokemon. But it is true that most pokemon on there are hacks. I thought the Platinum GTS would be improved, but I was sadly mistaken. They should let you search for natures of pokemon as well as the pokemon on the GTS.

Gimmy

Rotommmmmmmmmmmmmmnomnom.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    Even Bidoofs are hard to get on there. Which I find kind of funny. I also get hacks of pokemon from in game characters like someone gave me a Vespiquen with the OT of Aaron at the same level as his. xD It was for a Regice too. D8<

Mapl3Syrup

Likes pie :)
    Years
    Whatever happened to people who traded starters for other starters? I try and get a Sinnoh starter and I get requests for Shaymin, Jirachi and Lugia. :| And the other regional starters? Ha!

These kids on the GTS are really dumb. A decent offer is rare nowadays, and they're usually hacks. Just yesterday I got a Japanese female Misdreavus from 'Faraway Place' holding a Water Stone. Released the Misdreavus and kept the stone. Ugh. *facepalm*
    That doesn't mean it's hacked or cheated if that's what you think. When a pokemon has that on it, it means it's from Colleseum or XD. And to tell the truth, I DO remember getting a Misdreavous in Colleseum.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    That doesn't mean it's hacked or cheated if that's what you think. When a pokemon has that on it, it means it's from Colleseum or XD. And to tell the truth, I DO remember getting a Misdreavous in Colleseum.

Same here and I just verified the information at Serebii, you can indeed get a Misdreavous from Colosseum.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    i saw on the GTS once that someone wanted a lv 100 prinplup for their lv 35 weavile i dont see many people with lv 100 prinplups around

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years

That would be Distant Land, btw, not Faraway Place.

I actually traded a lv100 Nidoking for a Feebas. Didn't bother me, because I can always clone it on Emerald.

Turns out that it was French, had some good egg moves, was Sassy natured, and had enough Beauty to evolve! All at level 1!

*Jackpot!*

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    on my first run through diamond a few days after it came out i put up a mantyke asking for a honchkrow any level and got a japanese one level 100 with a power bracer! i extremely grateful :D

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    I once traded a lvl 100 Cacturne (I had a friend Rare candy it up) and put it on offer for Deoxys. (I got a shiny one.

Then I got bored with it and traded it away for Pokedex completion purposes. I should probably get round to finding the last 73 I need...

Ah yes, I once searched for a Magikarp on GTS, found a Zapdos calked Magikarp, on offer for a lvl 100 Zapdos...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ah yes, I once searched for a Magikarp on GTS, found a Zapdos calked Magikarp, on offer for a lvl 100 Zapdos...

Those are some ridiculous requests I find as well. I mean trades offering a pokémon for the same pokémon in return with a higher level is really silly in my opinion. Sometimes it can be difficult that way too; especially if it is a legendary that you don't already have. For example, someone offers an Articuno lv. 57 and in return they want an Articuno lv. 75. To me, why not just look for a different pokémon or make the level a little bit higher than the LV [in this case it would be a little bit higher than 57..] the pokémon is?

Though I must agree...seeing if your luck is good enough is alright; it is definitely worth a try and it would not hurt anything either. However, I would do something a little different than that. Say if I am offering a LV. 89 Electivire and I want to see if anyone will take it in return for a LV. 87 Magmortar I would do it. I could possibly get someone to take it as the pokémon I am asking for has a level that is a little bit lower than the Electivire which won't hurt me. Also, Magmortar is a reasonable pokémon in return as it is somewhat related to Electivire and it is a pokémon you can get easily...you would just need a Magmarizer. Though if the Magmortar is not the same level as I want it to be, they would need to put in some training done to it. That could end up in the result of hacking Rare Candies [if they have Action Replay] to level it up quicker, but at least it wouldn't make the Magmortar a hacked pokémon.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Some requests are incredibly ridiculous, if you are lucky, these requests can be in your favour, such as someone placed a Lv 100 Skarmory, with full stats in Def and HP, unhacked for a Lv 9 Combee, in which I accepted, and it became a necessary for my team.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    The answer is simple; some people are selfish and greedy. They're also very ignorant and believe that people will practically give them powerful Pokemon for something as useless as a Magikarp from them.

They seem to forget that other people have brains too. lol

That's only in some cases, however..

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The answer is simple; people are selfish and greedy. They're also very ignorant and believe that people will practically give them powerful Pokemon for something as useless as a Magikarp from them.

They seem to forget that other people have brains too. lol

That could be true, but I disagree. Some people might do it to see if someone will actually do the trade. That is somewhat ridiculous, but it is still worth a shot. Perhaps they do it because that pokémon has something special towards it. For example, it could possibly be EV trained and/or a shiny. Though if there is something special about it, for those who do not like getting hacked pokémon, they would have to be careful just incase it does happen to be a hacked pokémon.

At other times, the pokémon could just be up there at a risk of cloning. Perhaps, while the trainer is trying to clone that certain pokémon [for example, a Machamp] and you went there too fast and it was asking for a Deoxys, you might assume this person was being ridiculous and you did not even know that they were cloning that pokémon.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    That could be true, but I disagree. Some people might do it to see if someone will actually do the trade. That is somewhat ridiculous, but it is still worth a shot. Perhaps they do it because that pokémon has something special towards it. For example, it could possibly be EV trained and/or a shiny. Though if there is something special about it, for those who do not like getting hacked pokémon, they would have to be careful just incase it does happen to be a hacked pokémon.

At other times, the pokémon could just be up there at a risk of cloning. Perhaps, while the trainer is trying to clone that certain pokémon [for example, a Machamp] and you went there too fast and it was asking for a Deoxys, you might assume this person was being ridiculous and you did not even know that they were cloning that pokémon.

Hm. That is true. Maybe I shouldn't of said that. xD; You're right; it could be more than that, even though it is more than likely that people are just being dumb/ridiculous. My boyfriend once got a traded pokemon from there and we argued about it being a hack or not (though I knew deep down it was; I knew he didn't trade anything special, and the pokemon he got was a shiny Munchlax at level 100 <__<). Though couldn't receiving a hacked pokemon potentially mess with your game as well?

Though if it's ev trained it would have to be at level 100, and I'm sure there are a lot of Pokemon offered for trade only at level 1. As for the shiny thing, I can't see why anyone would want to trade an uber for one, other than the fact that they look cool.

I also don't clone pokemon. I didn't know that it was even possible in DPPt. o_O;

Edit: Perfect comic for this thread:

https://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=235

Back