• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What is with the ridiculous requests on the gts?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    -.-
    My god, another thread like this. p('-')p

Anyways, they either have a great Wynaut, or a Master Ball attached to the Wynaut, and they're trying to clone the Wynaut. That's an example relating to post ^.

That, or they're hoping to get lucky.

Years
    I had the same with Gallade

I just got a male ralts, leveled then finally got it, and bred it like crazy and now I have kirlias with dawn stones on there. I like to make life easier for some heh

I probably have a shiftry somewhere... I'll go look

Does someone with a lv 1 wynaut honestly think they're going to get a lv 100 lugia??? :o

You can clone via the gts?

Maybe that explains it.

I guess the pokesav guys would just hack up pokemon if they're desperate enough for a lv 1 wynaut haha

Last edited:

crowbones80

Beauty
    Years
    yeah I know!

the other day I was trying to get a caterpie - and people were asking for darkrais, shaymins etc - all lv 100!! There was not ONE reasonable request.

when I put up a pokemon on the GTS I nearly always ask for something less good, or the same as the pokemon I'm putting up! lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Whatever happened to people who traded starters for other starters? I try and get a Sinnoh starter and I get requests for Shaymin, Jirachi and Lugia. :| And the other regional starters? Ha!

These kids on the GTS are really dumb. A decent offer is rare nowadays, and they're usually hacks. Just yesterday I got a Japanese female Misdreavus from 'Faraway Place' holding a Water Stone. Released the Misdreavus and kept the stone. Ugh. *facepalm*

Ayselipera

Maybe there just hoping for that one person whos a Wynaut fanatic.

Hey it could happen.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I checked what people wanted for a bidoof and most of them wanted legends like deoxis or jarachi
    I am sure no one is a bidoof fan

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    This is a trick.
    They are trying to manipulate the glitch to get Pokemon to evlove by trade.

Elena

¦:-]
    Years
    I get lucky all the time on the GTS.
    Usually all I have to do is offer up a lv. 1 female stater and I can get practically anything IF I wait long enough.
    By offering female lv. 1 starters I have obtained three Raikou, two Rotom, two level 100 Salamance, a lv. 100 Cresselia, an Entei, and a whole bunch of other cool Pokemon.

Years
    I had that happen to me twice yesterday :( Lost out on a shiny Whiscash
    Then there was a decent trade for a riolu so I bred one, went back, oh, mine is the wrong gender :/

I went to trade for something else and someone had already snatched it up. People that are too fast... dammit! lol

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    -.-
    My god, another thread like this. p('-')p

Anyways, they either have a great Wynaut, or a Master Ball attached to the Wynaut, and they're trying to clone the Wynaut. That's an example relating to post ^.

That, or they're hoping to get lucky.

I have to agree. Sometimes they just want to see if anyone will actually do the trade but rarely, they will. I personally find it ridiculous as you're asking for a simple pokémon and they want a rare or special pokémon in return. I'd rather obtain the pokémon I need through Wi-fi; it's more reasonable for me as my friends wouldn't be doing something like that really...

Although at least they don't have too much of a specific want such as a pokémon they are looking for needs to be EV'd in Attack and Speed.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Everyone has already mentioned the likelihood of them cloning said Pokemon, (though why something as useless as a Wynaut, I'll never know) and like everyone else, I'll say that it is a very risky timing puzzle not worth the hassle. If you do it right, you get two. Do it wrong, you get none. 0. Zilch.

I personally no longer use the GTS because in general, I've pretty much got all the Pokemon I'll ever need. (I'm not really a "Gotta Catch 'em All!" trainer XD )

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Well, I was looking for a second Giratina, since I messed up it's evs while training, and the only half decent offer was a Celibi lvl 100, I mean what the heck is that about?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2009
    I never thought I could use the GTS, but found out yesterday that I actually could. For a level 1 and level 10 Chimchar I received an Empoleon at level 32 and a Torterra at 34.. worked out for me since those were the only 2 starters I needed for the complete from all 4. Too bad I don't know what a good deal is for a Celebi, was going to trade mine for a level 100 Mewtwo (I can easily clone and get more Celebi from Emerald) but I went against it.. today I will probably go and migrate 6 Celebi and see what I can actually get though. :P
    However to stay more relevant to the topic, yesterday being my first experience at the GTS, I was surprised at what appeared to be very greedy people asking for those legends for their basic Pokemon.

Back