• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is your best antivirus

What AntiVirus do you use?

• Norton AntiVirus

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • NOD32 ( windows xp built in )

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • mcaffee

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • kapersky

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • panda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • zonealarm

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • AVG

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Norman AV

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • bit defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I've only had 2 [macaffee and Norton] and the macaffee was useless, I use the Norton now its had no problems 8D

Liquinn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    I pretty much AVG, free trial at the moment. McAffe screwed up my PC... but, that was a while ago... Free stuff is kinda good though.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I switched from AVG to Avast, because my AVG constantly froze during scans, so I found another AV prog and discovered Avast is better anyways.

Years
  • I use Avast! Antivirus. After my Windows screwed up back in 2005 and I had to reinstall it, I needed an antivirus to put on there. While I'd had MacAfee before, my subscription for it had run out...and instead of paying for a new one, I went with the free antivirus (Avast) that was suggested to me.

Haven't changed it since. I like it far better than other programs such as Norton and MacAfee (especially Norton, since I haven't had the best of experiences with that), and since it is free for home use I don't have to pay anything just to renew my subscription.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I used NOD32 for a while, a year's subscription came free with a magazine I subscribe to. I consider that the best I have used - it was quick, reliable and unintrusive.

Since that expired, I've been using AVG - it's got excellent virus recognition and I always maintain you can't go past a free product. \o/

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I've only ever used Norton AntiVirus, so I guess it's the one for me atm. :\

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Kaspersky is one of the best in my opinion. McAfee is good but it is often a hog. I've never liked Norton, it always lagged up my computer to the point where it was nearly useless.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Kaspersky AV, is the best AntiVirus software in my opinion. Despite it being pricey, it's worth it. I've never had a problem, it runs fine and is brilliant at keeping out viruses.

I tried free ones, but very often they miss out on infected files since the updates are not as often, as well as being slow and generally 'not as good' or blocking internet options.
    I also hate AVG with a passion - an older version deleted infected files, which was not at all helpful when they were all .exe for running programmes causing me to carry out a complete re-installation of my computer.:pirate:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • AVG is fine if you know what you're doing with your computer, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it for n00bs.

I used Kaspersky for a time before NOD32, and found the latter superior.

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    I use Norton, but I'm really disappointed. We had to format our PC multiple times because of random viruses. T_T Plus, the "renew your subscription" thing totally sucks because Norton is a totally disappointing program. If I could, I would switch to anything else (as long as it is legal and free).

Years
  • I use Norton, but I'm really disappointed. We had to format our PC multiple times because of random viruses. T_T Plus, the "renew your subscription" thing totally sucks because Norton is a totally disappointing program. If I could, I would switch to anything else (as long as it is legal and free).
    If you are looking for a free anti-virus software you can try ClamWin. I don't know how good it is because I don't have it.

Years
  • I use MacAfee now. I used to have Norton Antivirus, but got rid of it because my computer caught a lot of viruses anyway and Norton majorly slowed down my system. I haven't had any problems at all since switching to MacAfee, and my computer is pretty much on 24-7 (yay for sharing computers >>).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • It's somehow so reassuring to hear that computer geniuses here use Avast as well! So this computer idiot (me) did the right thing by almost purely guessing and trusting the advertisements XD;

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    I now use norton antivirus 2007. I used to use AVG free, but once I got norton, I saw that AVG missed quite a few viruses on my computer.

Back