• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite generation?

Which is your favorite?

• Gen. I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen. II

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Gen. III

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Gen. IV

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    I, myself am a huge fan of Gen III, mostly because of Ruby itself.

I loved the graphics, and I remember first stepping into Route 101 and hearing that great music. I also loved just about every piece of music in R/S, and the graphics were a huge step. And I loved just about every single Pokemon in Gen 3. Except Luvdisc.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Regarding the anime- I would probably have to go with... maybe ummm... Johot League Champions? I mean, I don't know! I only watched the first two seasons of Pokemon for real. When Johto premiered, I lost interest and moved onto Digimon. XD ... But... ehhh. Regarding the game- I'll go with Platinum. :3 The graphics are great, of course, and I enjoy the newer Pokemon.

Years
    Kanto has always been my favourite region, even if just for nostalgia sakes. In fact, it seems that with each new generation, I find the region less and less exciting.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    when it comes to games: my favs are emerald (best storyline&most fun), platinum/heartgold/soulsilver (johto FTW! and the graphics,& game engine is fontastic!)

i love each region so its hard to single them out:
    Kanto love every pokemon except ponyta&rapidash, koffing&weezing,& a few others

Johto loved most of the pokemon,but thanx to gen4 i love them all now :D

hoenn half the pokemon i loved,the rest i either liked,or hated, but its still the only region so far ive loved all 3beginners

sinnoh, only liked a handful of sinnoh pokemon, but it did give the best water beginner, but did become the first region whos fire beginnere was completely horrible,useless, &was a rip off of hoenns fire beginner, but it gave me the evolutions for gen2 pokemon they deserved :D so sinnoh made up for it with its gen2 evolutions & the new eeveelutions

so overall il have to say:

Johto, even more so after all those AMAZING evolutions in gen4 for gen2 pokemon, & with the physical special split, it made me love& appreciate a bunch of the "useless" pokemon from gen2 making their movesets fit them more nicely givin johto pokemon the respect they deserve :D

I_Want_Your_Love

Cynthia is correct.
    Years
    JOHTO! :D

the song for the show always makes me laugh, team rocket was the best at that time, and the pokemon introduced 2nd gen are pretty cool and a lot of them used in competitive battles :O

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Generations 3 & 4 no doubt. Hoenn and Emerald are beyond amazing and deserve praise! Sinnoh is a really big region too and I was in love w/ most of the music for the towns/cities.

Anime wise I'd say Johto was my favorite. The Advanced Generation was okay but I was put off by Misty missing from it. D&P anime, I haven't really watched it--which I sort of regret--and will probably never watch it b/c it comes on at 6 a.m.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My favorite generation was the 3rd gen or Hoenn :DD. Most of my favorite pokemon came from gen III and I also liked the hoenn region as well as the gym leaders and the Elite 4. Just a great generation for me.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Johto is my favorite. in my opinion, pokemon games kinda plateaued there. i like Hoenn and Sinnoh, but i feel so nostalgic playing Gold...

JOHTO! :D

the song for the show always makes me laugh, team rocket was the best at that time, and the pokemon introduced 2nd gen are pretty cool and a lot of them used in competitive battles :O

Johto. No doubt. Then Kanto, then the rest are not really good :/

Since when was there a generation Johto?

Generation IV. Platinum introduced a cool region, underrated Pokemon, goodcharacter development, and a neat game overall. Heartgold and Soulsilver were actually really fun, and that's saying a lot since I thought Generation II was the most overrated game in the main series.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh Luck, let them like their Johto's. :(

On that note though, generation 2 was my favourite <3

Mostly because Gold was my first game, and Crystal second...and the graphics, etc, just remind me of dreams I've had as a kid and... well yeah that generation was most nostalgic for me, and just made me happy.

Generation three was just boring, to me, and generation four really... was overboard. I liked generation 1, because the graphics reminded me of generation 2, so, yeah.

I'm hoping generation 5 will turn out pretty good, and then maybe it can second generation 2. (Note: The maps are the most appealing thing to me, although Pokemon come a close second, and from the generation 5 Pokemon revealed already... well, Generation 5 actually has a chance if it reminds me of my childhood somehow).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Oh Luck, let them like their Johto's. :(

On that note though, generation 2 was my favourite <3

Mostly because Gold was my first game, and Crystal second...and the graphics, etc, just remind me of dreams I've had as a kid and... well yeah that generation was most nostalgic for me, and just made me happy.

Generation three was just boring, to me, and generation four really... was overboard. I liked generation 1, because the graphics reminded me of generation 2, so, yeah.

I'm hoping generation 5 will turn out pretty good, and then maybe it can second generation 2. (Note: The maps are the most appealing thing to me, although Pokemon come a close second, and from the generation 5 Pokemon revealed already... well, Generation 5 actually has a chance if it reminds me of my childhood somehow).

I was only saying that only because Johto is also in Generation IV. It goes by the game, not the region, and I'm pretty sure most of the people didn't think Heartgold and Soulsilver ruined the series forever.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Gen I, Kanto, Pokémon Red/Blue, anime season I, whatever! Who follows pokémon since the start, must like the first things more than the others, they were so epic in that times, there was nothing that could be compared to it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Johto and Kanto. Had my best experiences there in both game and anime. :D

Hiiragi

(׬×)
    Years
    Like some other people here, gen III is my favorite generation, without doubt. My first game was Emerald and I loved it.

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
    Years
    My favorite Gen would probably be Gen II followed closely by Gen I. Loved the Pokemon and the sense of adventure. Gen III wouldn't be too far behind that. Gen IV didn't appeal to me much at all, it had its high points but nothing really caught my eye.

Back