• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What is your favorite new feature?

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
  • Mine was a tie between the whole idea that your lead pokemon can come out of their pokeball just like the special yellow edition game, and the pokewalker. I think i'm going with the first one ;P

Years
  • Same. ;D Having your Pokemon walk behind you is pretty cool. I still get excited when I obtain a new Pokemon and see it walking behind me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    i love the way the pokedex is set out now, i also like how you can have 2 items registered at once.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • GB player, even though I havent got it yet lol. But the running shoe improvement is kinda fun.

yeah i do like the running shoe improvement because now i dont have to hold in the B button lol all i have to do is just click a button ^_^ and yes the GB player was pretty cool. One of the other features i liked was the beautiful environments. you could see the wind in some parts of towns to.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    the pokewalker i take it most places and i can use the pokes for my team or to complete pokedex quicker

Pok-e-Bob

Luxray wubber
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    I've not used the Pokewalker yet... however I like the touch screen for all icons rather then hitting start (or other used keys in the past) to get the options up. Makes things a lot more easier.

Also, the running shoes option is rather nice.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I love how they made the touch screen such a more important part of gameplay, it improved the game so much. I love the touch screen and how you can click run, press A, and have 2 registered items and the whole menu all on 1 screen.

I also like that every single Pokemon has its own unique sprite when they follow you, and they even show if they are a shiny when they are following you. I love seeing my green Muk follow me around ^^

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I'd have to say Shiny leaf is my favourite new feature. Takes forever to get crown though D: My Heracross has one though =]

Years
  • im am a HUGE fan of the running shoe and the pokewalker!
    it makes it mucheasier to level up pokemon you want to evolve for your dex :D

Meta-Morph

A Mysterious Person Appeared!
    Years
  • I would have to say

Pokemon following you

Character's clothing

Natures are easier to see now

Menu all on one screen

TOUCH SCREEN

But most of all.....GRAPHICS AND SOUNDS

Hydra

Poke'mon Master C:
    Years
  • I'd have to say either the new Poke'dex or having any Poke'mon follow you. C:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • 1) Pokemon following you
    2) The Pokeathlon
    3) The PokeWalker
    4) The Nature improvement (red/blue on status screen)
    5) The Golden Leaves

:]

Back