• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is your Favourite City in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald?

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
Years
  • I'll choose Fortree City because it gives me a Tropical Feeling.
    Second Favorite probably Mauville City because the straight path to Verdenturf Town is great for hatching Eggs

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I always thought Mossdeep was cool, but being pounded by the gym leaders ruined it for me :/

I'm going to go with Verdanturf. It was so peaceful, and right next to daycare.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    Fortree. I was first introduced to pokemon by my cousin who was playing Pokemon Emerald and I caught a glimpse of the treehouses and ladders. Always have loved that place.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    but i like all of them! >:[

Slateport City. The music. The concept. The museum. The Battle Tent (in Emerald). Everything is amazing! (except for that pointless, doorless house south of the ship factory)

Lilycove City is also peaceful, despite the size. It has a department store, an Art Museum, and more...(except for Battle Tent ;__;)

Fallarbor Town is cool too, despite the size. It has nice music and it's a farming community. (who would want to farm in a place with so much ash?!)

Verdanturf Town has clean air, a battle tent (in Emerald), and I like the houses, the flowers and everything. This is the dream town for people who are suffering from asthma.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It's a toss between Slateport and Sootopolis.

Slateport - Great locations and loved the music, and pretty much all the memories.
    Sootopolis - It's a city located in a cave underwater. What's not to like?

Years
  • Mosdeep, Sootopolis, and Rustboro. Those cities make me feel safe and loved. I do like Fortree, but the impossibility of navigating by bike, as well as the large and subversive Kecleon population push it out of my top 3.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • My favourite city is definitely Lilycove City. It has the Department Store, Master Pokemon Contests and it is within spitting distance of the Safari Zone and Mt Pyre (Which I also like for some weird reason) :P

Mauville comes in a close second because I'm pretty sure I have a gambling problem based on the time I've spent on the slots :<

Years
  • My favourite city is definitely Lilycove City. It has the Department Store, Master Pokemon Contests and it is within spitting distance of the Safari Zone and Mt Pyre (Which I also like for some weird reason) :P

Mauville comes in a close second because I'm pretty sure I have a gambling problem based on the time I've spent on the slots :<

I like Mt. Pyre too! I'm going to look at the game in your signature now.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I find myself in Mauville so much in the game, and I guess that's because it's in the middle of a lot of cities, but I've always liked Fortree City the most. It has always been a unique city that you never really saw before, and even now, you don't see a city like that around. I'd be intrigued to see what it would look like if the games are given a remake for the 3DS.

Years
  • I find myself in Mauville so much in the game, and I guess that's because it's in the middle of a lot of cities, but I've always liked Fortree City the most. It has always been a unique city that you never really saw before, and even now, you don't see a city like that around. I'd be intrigued to see what it would look like if the games are given a remake for the 3DS.

Fortree City would look like something out of Zelda. The underwater ruins would also look really cool. And the Trick House! The place everyone forgets about! In 3D! Oh, man. I better go change my pants... I got tomato sauce on them.

2122wolf

3rd Generation Journeyman
    Years
  • Mauville city most definitely, as after unlocking the battle frontier I begin to breed all the pokemon I use and spend aLOT of time using the Verdanturf / Route 117 / Mauville / Route 118 mach bike line. But this is fine with me cuz there's also a whole bunch of trainers to battle that end up wanting to battle very frequently to have fun with using one of my heroe pokemon or my amulet coin, pay day weilding Persian. :D

I'd say the town with the best music is Lilycove though.

Years
  • Mauville city as well. It's close to daycare center and trainer hill, has a game corner, berry field and the bike shop. Also, there are trainers around it who I can rematch and it's not too far from another city, so I used to spend a lot of time in Mauville ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I've always really loved Fortree and Pacifidlog town because I think they're really unique in comparison to what the towns are normally like. They bring something different, and I think if I lived in Hoenn I would like to live in one of those two places.

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Rustboro.
    I remember when I first play Pokemon Ruby on my GBA. I walked into Rustboro and I was shocked with how it looked.
    Altough every other city impressed me while playing the game for first time.
    I talk about how I liked them in the past because now they bored me. lol

Less favorite, Sootopolis and Fortree. They bring me back memories.

Back