• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is your Favourite City in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I tend to find myself in Mauville most of the time, in the end game anyway. Close seconds are Fortree and Pacifidlog. Pacifidlog though...I would never live there, haha. It looks like a frail city, and it's just sitting on Corsola if memory serves. Kinda...yeeeeah. lol

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I am in between Fortree City and Sootopolis City. In Fortree it gives you the feeling of a tree house but as a city as a whole, we have never see anything like this previous(I think Iris would fit in well there xD). Then Sootopolis quite the unique location it is inside of the crater of a volcano, the style of houses seem different the ones throughout the region, and I like they are perched on hill topic and spread out the way they are.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Slateport: I love the music, and the impression of being in a sunny seaside city. It seems very lively.

Lilycove: Again by the sea, but this one is more peaceful and relaxed, more like a place to vacation than to live for me.

Fortree: Kind of small but nice and seemingly energetic, and I do love the concept of it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Always had a soft sport for Fortree (a town with popl living in tres always seemed kinda neat to me anyways), Lilycove (contests + dept. store + magma hide out + close to safari zone...) and Sootopolis City as well due to it being inside a volcano and had that neat theme music.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Slateport, most definitely. I loved its music and I didn't know it had its own Japanese song until recently.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2012
    Definitely Mossdeep City because it has a lot of space and awesome looking tiles! Also it has some great fishing and surfing for grinding or catching pokemon.

Years
    Sootopolis, easily. I loved the fact that it was in a cool location, and I always imagined the people there were kinda just living in their own, isolated world separate from the rest of the world. I also liked the designs of Fortree and Pacifidlog Town.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    Slateport and Lilycove are the two towns with lots to do, Mossdeep just looks like a nice place to live, Sootopolis has history and Petalburg looks sweet...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I like Fortree because of it's uniqueness, and how it is built. We seriously need more places like this in the games.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I like Fortree because of it's uniqueness, and how it is built. We seriously need more places like this in the games.

I totally agree. Maybe they will do this in the third installment of the generation five games.

anyways. Fortree is my 2nd favorite while my first is Lilycove because of the Pokemon Contest and the large Pokemart

:t354:TG

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The big one, Lilycove. It's one of the "normal" cities in that region (the "weird" ones ticked me off for some reason xD) and it's basically the shopping/contest headquarters of the region.

For some reason I seem to like the cities with the Department Stores. Probably because they're frequently the biggest city in the region, and I like my cities huge and action-packed.

CyberBlaziken

huh? whaaaaat?
    Years
    Mauville and Verdenturf. The distance was small. Had a lot of trainers to battle. And the Straight path was awesome to ride the bike for Hatching/Egg purposes

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

I assume we are counting towns, not just cities, so Lavaridge, Fallarbor, Dewford etc. can count?

Personally, it's a toss up between Sootopolis, Dewford and Slateport.

Sootopolis is really unique, being inside a flooded volcano crater. It has brilliant theme music, and quite a bit of mystery, what with the Cave of Origin, that house with the tress blocking the doorway, and the fact that you have to use Dive to get in there. It's based on an area outside of Japan too - Santorini, which is a flooded Caldera. That's why it has the different houses. Although if they had blue roofs like the ones in Santorini, it would just be even better. It's also the site of an epic battle between Kyogre and Groudon, that actually has cutscenes! (The only ones in Gen III, if I'm right). That place would just look godly in a remake.

Dewford has very little to do. However, due to the toughness of Brawly, I always end up spending a decent amount of time there. The music is really just the best in the region as far as I'm considered - it's so relaxing, yet it does reach a climatic point before sinking back down into the normal part. The town itself looks brilliant, being built on a beach - sand instead of streets. And the novelty of making those people in that house saying any combination of words in your vocabulary is cool too.

Slateport has some happy memories, as for the first ten or so playthroughs of Emerald I could never get past it. I don't even know how, because I always was blocked from entering the museum, yet I talked to Dock too. It has some good music, the market is cool - you don't have them elsewhere, unless you count that one in Driftveil in Unova, which isn't as cool. There's a Battle Tent, probably the second-best out of the three available, the museum has good music, and the beach on Route 109 is cool too. You can also get Minun just north of Slateport, which is awesome.

So...actually, I really can't decide. I get to Sootopolis less often, and it's got a brilliant concept, Dewford is so lovely, and Slateport is the accessible one with stuff to do. If I have to give an answer...Dewford, just to be different :)

Back